Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Okay, let me just emphasise this for everyone since nobody seems to actually have read it:

Yes, they're still developing it, it's just on hold while we wait for ZRM to go on his break from his college classes.

Just because he's not back yet doesn't mean it's dead forever... seriously. Sometimes people have things go on. Sometimes things come up, and they have better things to do than use their spare time to work on a mod.

Edited by NovaSilisko

Except for Bobcat's Buran. And Tiberion's Shuttle Booster System. And the Component Space Shuttle, if recent posts are to be believed. So it's actually only this mod that is dead-ish, and ZRM might just have been gobbled up by RL for the time - if we're lucky. He might also have lost interest in this project, but I wouldn't think so.

I'd amend that to "the fate of all mini shuttle projects". Buran, Tiberion's and CSS are full-sized.

Every small shuttle project I've seen so far remains unfinished today, curse or no curse. :)

Okay, let me just emphasise this for everyone since nobody seems to actually have read it:

Just because he's not back yet doesn't mean it's dead forever... seriously. Sometimes people have things go on. Sometimes things come up, and they have better things to do than use their spare time to work on a mod.

Also to make sure people don't think its dead he also said this.

Also, to be clear, there is NO ETA as of this moment, however I can return to working on the project by 6th December at the earliest.

Remember people the 6th was the earliest he could get back to work on it not the latest. :)

Dont forget about Space Shuttle Engines mod with B9 i know that is 2 mods but u can have some small shuttle and some very small ssto

I know this is really off topic but you should consider adding a period and an apostrophe every once in a while. Not that I couldn't understand what you said, but I believe you are smart enough that you can spell correctly and use proper grammar.

Okay, let me just emphasize this for everyone since nobody seems to actually have read it:

Hey Nova, how's Central Michigan treating you? It's -14 here in Eastern Michigan.

In regards to the declaration of this post as dead, College breaks begin in late December and end in Early January. It's reasonable to say that if the project were a priority (or something that he had time for), then it's something that we would have seen an update on, be it a text announcement or actual development. It may be dead, but it may not be. I won't speculate any further :)

Rule one with mods under development... They're not dead until the author says so. And, seeing as he hasn't said that he's stopped work, it's just on hiatus for now. Come back in a month or two and check again, folks. Real life comes first, not mod making.

Pretty sure this has been abandoned...

You didn't even bother looking at the previous page. If you had, you would see it's not.

You didn't even bother looking at the previous page. If you had, you would see it's not.

This was probably supposed to lure author and at least say that he didnt abondoneb project and maybe reveal something about progres..? :)

Okay guys, I'm going to ask you once more to not harass helldiver and ZRM about updates for this project. They are most likely busy with their own personal lives, and the last thing they want to worry about is probably this. When and if they feel like saying something about it, they will do so on their own. We'll be giving infractions to people who keep it on from now on. If it won't stop, we'll simply close the thread until either helldiver or ZRM asks for it to be reopened.

Thread carefully from now on, thanks.

Edited by stupid_chris

Feature creep, that's why. I don't think it'll get released anytime soon. By the time it will be, it'll look bad by comparison with newer assets. Releasing in sections would've remedied this, but you've gotta have those shiny monitors or it won't fly...

Heck, I bet that if they dumped their own plugin and stuffed the cockpit with RasterProps it'll both be better and come out faster. BobCat's new HOME is already shaping up to have a better IVA than this.

I agree... It's not the first mod to never be released because it was getting overly ambitious. Most of us would have been happy with a first release without any IVA (I suspect that most of us never use IVA anyway).

I agree... It's not the first mod to never be released because it was getting overly ambitious. Most of us would have been happy with a first release without any IVA (I suspect that most of us never use IVA anyway).

So this is your way of telling the authors that they should just release their work, even though they don't think it's done? Calm down and give the authors some time, I'm sure they'll post some info when there's info to post. It's only one and a half month since author activity, you should give it at least 6 months before declaring it dead.

A pre-release, or a public beta, would go a long way towards making sure the mod isn't lost. Many mods did release incomplete versions. Sometimes they got polished later, sometimes they died afterwards, but as long as something is out there, a mod can be salvaged and the work finished by someone else.

So yeah. Even an incomplete release is better than no release at all.