Background Music

espm400

Just curious what you guys are listening to when playing KSP. Do you just listen to the stock music while fabbing your ships and the mellow tones in space, or do you have something specific you put on when you're playing?

Personally, I've always been a metalhead/classic rock fan, but for some reason I like my trance when playing KSP. For me I usually stream from 'Digitally Imported'

What are your preferences?

EDIT: Is it just me, or do the rover wheels need some kind of sound effect? Noticed this while playing the game w/o music playing...

Edited by espm400

I haven't got tired of the stock music yet, but if I know I'm going to be watching one symbol on the map inching towards another for a long time I'll turn the music off and fire up my laptop. I don't have any particular playlist, though; I normally just stream internet radio. I like to imagine my crews are putting their feet up on the console and doing much the same.

Pink Floyd, Gruntruck, Garth Brooks, Ozzy, Aerosmith, Pantera, Metalica, Rush, Sheryl Crow, Tesla, Tool, Puddle of Mudd, Candle Box, Dave Mathews, Train, Bob Segar, Led Zepplin, Meatloaf, Trapt, Disturbed, Adelle, Temple of the Dog, Enigma.....

That's all I can think of right now.

There have been too many times I have had my wireless headset on, and confused that for being in real life

I know the feeling. I recently saw a game called ToME (Tales of Maj'Eyal, I think) on a live stream and DL'd it. The one starting town has a lot (A LOT) of barking dogs. The first time I entered it was previous to a bathroom break, and when I came back I honestly thought my neighbor's dogs had gone nuts. I actually walked onto my apartment balcony and looked before I realized it was the game...

Although the stock music gets a bit repetitive, I can't stand playing games with other music blaring over them. It ruins the immersion for me. You wouldn't do that to a movie, would you?

Movies are not games though, and I usually put on a playlist with a similar theme. Keeps the immersion. ^.^

BUT DEAR GOD, I WAS TERRIBLY LOST, WHEN THE GALAXIES CROSSED AND THE SUN WENT daaaaaAAAAARRKK

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet <Kerbin> turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet <Kerbin> turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems

I believe there are beautiful things seen by the Kerbonauts,

SO WAKE ME IF YOU'RE OUT THERE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.