Reversing rover orientation

I just had to go through the rigmarole of reversing all the parts on my Mun rover because it drives backwards.

For future reference is there an easier way to do this?

(apologies if there is already a topic on this, I couldn't find it.)

Cheers.

What's "forward" and "backward" or "up" and "down" depends on how a craft's command module / probe core is oriented. Try rotating the probe core next time, no need to turn everything else around :D

What's "forward" and "backward" or "up" and "down" depends on how a craft's command module / probe core is oriented. Try rotating the probe core next time, no need to turn everything else around :D

That didn't seem to work at the time. I probably got confused.

I just had to go through the rigmarole of reversing all the parts on my Mun rover because it drives backwards.

For future reference is there an easier way to do this?

As kurja already said your controls are derived from the orientation of your control point (hence the right click - control from here function).

If you reversed *all* parts on the rover (including the probecore/control point) you'd still drive backwards. That'd be the same as just turning the rover around in the VAB, it has no impact on the rover itself just the orientation it's mounted if it's attached onto a ship.

May not be the optima solution, but you can mount a docking port facing the desired direction and click control form here, Useful when you want one orientation for landing and another for driving.

If building rovers in the VAB, this is how you want to orient the rover control part: xumnN7q.png

It's hart to tell from that picture what you meant, because the camera angle is aimed at a 45 degree angle from orthogonal, so it's hard to tell which way your "forward" arrow is meant to point. (Also, it would help if a smidgen of the hanger bay door was visible in the view, to give an idea of which way your camera is facing here relative to the construction interface.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.