I Need Ideas!

The Jedi Master

I never thought this day would come, but apparently, I am bored as bleep and want to play KSP, but can't think of something to do. I checked the challenges area, but nothing interests me. I could just wait for 0.21 to come out already, but that's even more boring. So, I am asking for help from the community:WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? I will choose what to do based on the following criteria:

1.It must be easy to intermediate difficulty (no returning from the surface of Eve, etc.)

2.It must not require docking, because I really suck at docking

3.It must be achievable within three hours (no building a base on Eeloo, etc.)

Other than that, anything goes! I will be posting a mission report, and the creator of the idea will not only be credited, but have the ship and mission named either after them or a name of their choice! Begin!

Learn docking!

Seriously, you'll find hundreds of new possibilities and hours and hours of gameplay! Not to mention, it is extremely satisfying. Even using mechjeb for rendezvous + docking at first can help you visualize what is necessary before you try it on your own.

1.It must be easy to intermediate difficulty (no returning from the surface of Eve, etc.)

2.It must not require docking, because I really suck at docking

3.It must be achievable within three hours (no building a base on Eeloo, etc.)

Design, execute, and run for a minimum of 5000 days KSP time a modular space station that is to orbit Eeloo. It should includes a rotating crew roster that must be returned to the surface of Kerbin on return and require regular supplies from Kerbin. You are required to perform a landing on Eeloo every 50 days for scientific purposes that must return to the station after two days surface time and requires rover support.

Required mods:

Ioncross, Thrust Corrector, FAR, Deadly Reentry. You may not use MechJeb.

All jokes aside, launch a ton of Gemini-esque missions and learn how to dock manually using the navball and without docking mode. Challenge yourself.

Design, execute, and run for a minimum of 5000 days KSP time a modular space station that is to orbit Eeloo. It should includes a rotating crew roster that must be returned to the surface of Kerbin on return and require regular supplies from Kerbin. You are required to perform a landing on Eeloo every 50 days for scientific purposes that must return to the station after two days surface time and requires rover support.

Required mods:

Ioncross, Thrust Corrector, FAR, Deadly Reentry. You may not use MechJeb.

All jokes aside, launch a ton of Gemini-esque missions and learn how to dock manually using the navball and without docking mode. Challenge yourself.

You made me laugh. :)

After the mission I started the thread for, I probably will try a Gemini-style program.

I'd say wait till .21 when we get the new ASAS and SAS logic to do some plane stuff.

your willing to try these now anyway

-fly to the base of the kermunists(second space center)

-land perfectly on the island runway

-build a spaceplane that can leave the atmosphere

Docking is too much fun to let MJ do it for me, IMHO. I only use MJ for Smart A.S.S. and for the info panels, and Lazor Cams for it's docking cam. I watched a couple YouTube videos and got it the first time, and without MJ at all at that point in time.

As lots of others have said, learning to dock will open up lots of other stuff for you.

I'd say wait till .21 when we get the new ASAS and SAS logic to do some plane stuff.

your willing to try these now anyway

-fly to the base of the kermunists(second space center)

-land perfectly on the island runway

-build a spaceplane that can leave the atmosphere

I like the idea of finding the second space center. I might try it!

I'm considering putting up a poll.

Design, build, and complete your own docking tutorial.

Seriously, I think there is no better way to learn something than by forcing yourself to teach someone else how to do it.

You could build a simple craft that's already docked together and put it into LKO. Once in stable orbit right click, undock and then use your RCS TO RE-dock almost immediately after undock. Once you get that, use the RCS to move yourself to farther distances. Once you master that, use the RCS to put yourself at an odd angle, etc.

Later you can launch the two peices separately and learn rendezvous.

Ya know what? Since everyone wants it (and I mean EVERYONE), I'll try to learn docking. Try.

Gemini-style missions are quick, fun, and satisfying. They teach you orbital rendezvous mechanics and how to dock. Bonus points for doing it all manually, because you're bored.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.