Using hyperedit to restore saves manually reasonable?

PwnedDuck

When saves do break, does it seem reasonable to the KSP forum to cheat stations back to their exact previous orbits and then continue as normal? It is what I'm going to do, and if any of my craft dissapear or get flight ended accidentally in .20, (as my 4 launch, several hours of work Gilly station did) it is what I already do.

How much is it cheating to restore status quo in a fraction of the time and effort used to first create it?

Saves aren't breaking because of the Mun people. The save format is changing, the problem isn't that your Mun station will be underground, but simply that the save file will be different.

Completely misread that, my bad. Feel free to do so really, it only concerns you :P

If you don`t add anything new no problems

...and what are the problems if he does?

PwnedDuck, do whatever the heck you want to man. I've thought about doing it many times, mostly for my GPS constellation, because once you've done it a few times, there's really no point in wasting several hours doing it again if you don't want to.

It's a single-player game; there is no such thing as cheating. If you use hyper-edit and feel as though you've cheated yourself, simply remove whatever you added, but for goodness' sake, don't feel guilty about anything... it's a GAME!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.