The Grand 0.21 Dumping Thread

Ascensiam

New update! I'm sure most of you want to do a nostalgic visit to the mun again, now that it's been polished and looks as good as new.

It also goes without saying that minimalists and the probe lovers just had a massive boost to their flexibility, dump all 0.21 related content, mun adventures, and pictures in this thread so we can keep the others clear.

Ok, how do you download the update? There doesn't seem to be a way to do that from the online store.

Login to the store and go to your profile. At the bottom should be a download to the full version you purchased. It's how I updated from 0.16 to 0.20.

I suppose I will be the first one to post a picture.

As soon as I got the update, I began my grand mission of flying to all planets by putting Jeb on to the new Mun:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901002374363731096/FEB8CD257AFFFE07053D6EF081481FA04AAFB55F/

Very good looking, I must say.

The next planet I'm aiming for is Minmus, then Duna.

"Login to the store and go to your profile. At the bottom should be a download to the full version you purchased. It's how I updated from 0.16 to 0.20."

No such link for me! Started up the application and clicked "Check for updates" No luck there either. Oh Squad, why do you hate me so?!

Servers are on fire!

Nah... I just think HarvesteR accidentally put the servers into the centrifuge and we are now at 500 mph and that's the message that keeps popping up... "500 - Internal Server Error".

Actually, they should do a picture of a Kerbal digging into a server box for that error message lol.

Nah... I just think HarvesteR accidentally put the servers into the centrifuge and we are now at 500 mph and that's the message that keeps popping up... "500 - Internal Server Error".

Actually, they should do a picture of a Kerbal digging into a server box for that error message lol.

No, the problem is they "upgraded" the servers to use the new SAS system.

I see that I am not the only one who dislikes the new SAS system. Does anybody know how to increase the aggressiveness of the SAS so it will try to correct movements faster?

Encountering memory problems (again). .21 seems to be more resource hungry (at least a little bit). downloaded a metric ton of mods during .19 like I had a hording problem. Soon found out that that wasn't going to fly with a 32bit program, so i widdled it down to the absolute must haves so that .20 ran seamlessly. Same Mod load, same amount of flights and space junk that ran so well in .20... but now it seams that Im back to widdling down even more to get .21 running smooth. Point is? Im concerned this game is slowly headed toward physical memory issues and slowly loosing its ability to even support mods. Other than that, game of the year in my book. absolutely hooked on it. awesome job gentlemen.

So, who here, like me, didn't upgrade? Im actually sad about it but I can't upgrade. I launch lots of big stuff (station modules and bigger) and the new SAS system (played with it on stock backup) just won't put in the force required for a big launcher and payload. I really wanted to do some Munscraping :(

Is there any way to end your flight once the 'mission' is complete? Because currently my only option is to leave my pod and the Kerb in it on Kerbin for all eternity or to revert it back to as if nothing happened once I'm done.

Is there any way to end your flight once the 'mission' is complete? Because currently my only option is to leave my pod and the Kerb in it on Kerbin for all eternity or to revert it back to as if nothing happened once I'm done.

Go to Map view, then Recover the capsule (button in bottom left).

Go to the Tracking Station and then click your flight. After that click "recover vessel" at the bottom left. I think you can only do this on Kerbin. Possibly even the Space Center.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.