[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Faces generally fare better when left irradiated. However, it could be tempting to point it at one's face anyway. Why? Because, as everybody knows, radioactivity = superpowers!

By the way, the engine looks great. Good work, Frizzank!

So, 0.22 huh? How about that career mode?

Oh, yeah Novapunch is updated too. So, if you're looking for MOAR PARTS for your career mode, you might enjoy this :)

Changelog for 2.03:

------------------------

Includes fixes from the 2.02 mini-patch (drymass tweaks + bug fixes)

Beefed up attachment strengths for some landing legs and radial decouplers

Adjusted parachute drag and deplot values to break less

Made fairings and nosecones FAR-compliant

Fixed rotation on flange pieces and AA-BB strut.

Odin and Thor parts have vacated Science tab and now reside in the Control tab.

Slight boost to large reaction wheel torque and power usage.

Added two new compact NERVA Nuclear engines (by frizzank)

And the two major changes:

Combined some parts using model nodes to reduce the number of folders, models and textures Roughly 20 part folders were removed. This will affect any craft or save files, so you'll have to remove affected parts and start over.

Added all parts to the tech tree nodes for Career mode, allowing you to unlock parts as you perforce science experiments and turn them in for credit. The layout is based on the stock trees, though some techs are available lower due to the number of parts in the pack.

jJmZdek.jpg

No, none of the legs have pistons, so they won't benefit from the shock absorbing - I'll go in and add the feet-leveling at some point though.

I did see an infographic from C7 about the internal setup though, I'll post in the mod information thread if no one else has.

In career mode game I have NP parts in VAB, but none are selectable/usable. Seems like a KSP bug though, I added the MJ2 ar202 part to 'start' tech node and same story..its in VAB but cant select it.

EDIT: it appears to be only parts in the 'start' node....just opened 'basic rocketry' and can select the NP parts assigned to that node.

Edited by KhaosCorp

They havent been removed, they were just combined into a single folder (in the 1.25m folder you'll see more than one config. This is the case for any of the combined parts, especially all of the different sizes of Fairings.

Khaos: I just installed the final release here and the release build of NP and started a new save. It seems to be working here. Did you choose a pod first? some parts can't be a root part.

Keep in mind there are only a few parts in the first few tiers.

Tommygun: yes, you just have to click on each node you have unlocked and 'buy' the new parts in each one. (since the money system isn't implemented, its just a matter of clicking the buttons)

Gregox: Hmm, sorry to see that he's stopped working on it. I know too well how easy it is to get burned out.

I don't really have too many actual replica parts in NP though, since Gemini was split into FASA. Those would fit better in FASA, but I don't think frizzank has any desire to add Saturn stuff right now; and if he did he'd probably be able to do it himself faster than trying to pick up someone else's work.

Odin and Thor are still due for new models at some point though, when time allows. (If there is an IVA artist out there who has a desire to contribute to Novapunch, please contact me by all means, I know me and frizzank have tons planned and not as much time to do it as we'd like)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.