[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Are you sure you have a clean install of NP 1.1a (released a few days ago) and the 1.0a release of Odin?

I\'ll go back and doublecheck them all tomorrow and perhaps make a few more. I created them in a new install of 14.3 and a fresh copy of the mods though.

100% clean install. I even did a full, clean install of KSP just to be sure. I re-downloaded the package twice just to make sure I wasn\'t missing anything.

I also noticed that when I download the 1.1a download, there\'s a lot of Odin parts in it and some craft files that are duplicate to the Odin files with different dates, maybe this is the problem?

Yeah two of them are duplicates (OdinOTV and OdinLauncher) and you\'ll need to use the ones from Odin1.0a.

I went through all of them to make sure they work; I\'m making a couple more and then I\'ll zip them up and let you guys test with them; if things still aren\'t loading right then you have an installation problem (I tested on a fresh 0.14.3, newly unzipped NP1.1a and Odin1.0a)

Didn\'t have any rockets breaking, but once we make sure you guys are using valid craft files, we\'ll investigate further

Okay, here\'s a zip file of the newly tested craft files. If these do not work, it really must be an installation issue. If it still fails, post an output log just after the game lauches and reaches the main menu

That is your patcher log.. I am not sure what you want me to help you with;

If you can\'t get KSP installed, make a thread in the Support Forum - though I would start by deleting all the KSP files and reinstalling from the 0.14.2 Zip file you downloaded, and then patch again. After that, reinstall any mods you had.

Elven: Thanks! I never thought of using the legs for that

Exovian: Someone else had picked them up and started messing with them, but I don\'t know how much they plan to do; I also saw that someone else was modeling the lander parts of N1-L3.

I sort of have the itch to mess with them now, though, so when I have NP and my shuttle in a good place, I may work them over.

Overlord: Its a special part due to it being a plugin, so I didn\'t know exactly how it worked; that box you see is the 'collider' for the leg, its normally transparent everywhere but the vab menu; I know how to fix it now, so it\'ll be right in the next version; it doesn\'t change the function of it at all.

NP.minidecoupler is the new name of the regular flat decoupler that came in 1.1a; if you don\'t have that then you haven\'t installed 1.1a properly; Clean out ALL NP_ folders from Parts and start over.

The current zip file (updated March 30th) has correct craft files. I promise.

Yeah, sorry, I screwed up the install.

However upon testing the OdinLauncher I found what\'s probably an attachnode bug: The FL-S100L (long 1m tank) and HH-77 collision meshes intersect when they\'re connected together. Not sure which part is screwed up.

I have a 3m bulkhead and and my last stage attached to it, meaning theres alot of area to build the outer walls, like shells. I place two three meter walls and make a nose at the top. Upon ejecting these to send my last stage away the noses fly aside though the two three meter walls stay connected to the bulkead. I must have a bulkhead to start the shell construction on because theres nothing else that will allow me to build on it. Solution?

Sounds like you don\'t have the staging set up right, the nose pieces were in the stage that ejected them, but the main wall sections were not.

They have \'activate if disconnected\' set to false, so if you eject the bottom-most wall-piece, all the ones above it stay connected and eject as a whole piece. The full wall pieces even have a negative ejection force, because that applies torque to the top piece 'outward' making them separate better; its not perfect yet, but its better than before. Maybe someone will make a fairing plugin to give us better tools to control and buiild shells.

I dont have it set up wrong, atleast I dont think so. Take a look yourself. I tried removing the 3 meter walls and place several smalls ones, hoping all but the one directly attached to the bulkhead would seperate.

Okay, the problem was the stack decoupler that was in the same stage as your fairings; it was disconnecting everything below it, so the fairings never activate since they are activate-if-disconnected = false (except the nose cone for some reason..)

I just moved the bottom fairing panel into a single stage below the stack decoupler, it ejects fine like that

I didnt really change how they work, its how CaptainSlug originally made them; I\'ll ponder it a bit and see if it can be mroe logical, but this should work for now.

Ideally, someone will make a full-featured fairing plugin some time :)

RC: No, if it was negative it would try to push the tower down onto the pod, with positive it pushes them apart; it doesn\'t work too great if the rocket is thrusting, though, may need a tweak.

We really need a better escape tower plugin too :)

Okay, the problem was the stack decoupler that was in the same stage as your fairings; it was disconnecting everything below it, so the fairings never activate since they are activate-if-disconnected = false (except the nose cone for some reason..)

I just moved the bottom fairing panel into a single stage below the stack decoupler, it ejects fine like that

I didnt really change how they work, its how CaptainSlug originally made them; I\'ll ponder it a bit and see if it can be mroe logical, but this should work for now.

Ideally, someone will make a full-featured fairing plugin some time :)

RC: No, if it was negative it would try to push the tower down onto the pod, with positive it pushes them apart; it doesn\'t work too great if the rocket is thrusting, though, may need a tweak.

We really need a better escape tower plugin too :)

Oh... Precisely the opposite was happening on mine... I\'ll check it again... Maybe I\'m using it oddly...

not sure why, but every time i try to build a 2m based rocket or 3m based rocket it tips over or explodes on the pad immediately.. and I can\'t get it to launch. is the launch tower causing this? or what can I do to use the novapunch parts to build a custom design, but not pull an Apollo 1 every time i try to launch.

If its exploding immediately, that indicates you either have too much weight sitting on a single part (usually the one on the bottom) or you have managed to put parts together in a way where they are 'overlapping' improperly and exploding.

Attach a craft file or screenshot and I can possibly offer some advice; make sure you uninstalled versions older than 1.1a and deleted your older .craft files - you\'ll need to rebuild them in the new version.

There are some example craft files in the Zip file as well, in the Ships folder; these might give you an idea on how to build things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.