[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Hey Tiberion, quick question and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask you, but are you going to update your shuttle mod? Loved some of the utilities like the extending docking port. My bad if not the place to ask.

Well, as I said in my last reply in the thread (on the 16th) I'll start working on it to make it 0.21 compatible and finish the resize operation on it, should have some better stability with the 0.21 changes too, so that should be good.

I'm having problems with the game crashing. Error logs show various .dll files or KSP.exe failing and memory usage at 97%. Without NP installed my KSP does not crash despite using the same amount of RAM.

pick and choose what you use the most and delete the rest, its a problem with the Unity engine KSP uses and mods with high detail textures they mentioned this issue in the twitch.tv marathon not much can be done with it.

pick and choose what you use the most and delete the rest, its a problem with the Unity engine KSP uses and mods with high detail textures they mentioned this issue in the twitch.tv marathon not much can be done with it.

A little off topic, would someone be able to answer this? Is it the amount of parts that will cause the game to crash or the amount of plugins? And has anyone figured out the limit we should have?

A little off topic, would someone be able to answer this? Is it the amount of parts that will cause the game to crash or the amount of plugins? And has anyone figured out the limit we should have?

Its based on how much available ram you have on your system and how much ram the mod + KSP is taking up. If you go over that you crash. If you have any other programs running you can squeeze a few extra Mb out of it by closing them down, like printer manager, skype and what not.

Its based on how much available ram you have on your system and how much ram the mod + KSP is taking up. If you go over that you crash. If you have any other programs running you can squeeze a few extra Mb out of it by closing them down, like printer manager, skype and what not.

Ok i was not sure, Im just using my laptop but its pretty strong. I have several mods but ive deleted many parts i dont use. There are so many good mods out there, its hard to choose. B9 pac and nova are pretty big in themselves. Im running a i7 3630(Turbo) with 32gb of ram@ 1600 on a 240gb intel C ssd. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

I have crash to DT twice, but i think my virus was doing an update and kiked me out. I have more than enough ram for anything. i was wondering if anyone knew the limit before Unity gets upset

Ok i was not sure, Im just using my laptop but its pretty strong. I have several mods but ive deleted many parts i dont use. There are so many good mods out there, its hard to choose. B9 pac and nova are pretty big in themselves. Im running a i7 3630(Turbo) with 32gb of ram@ 1600 on a 240gb intel C ssd. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

I have crash to DT twice, but i think my virus was doing an update and kiked me out. I have more than enough ram for anything. i was wondering if anyone knew the limit before Unity gets upset

i have not actually had this crash yet, although i have a pretty strong PC, i use TONS of mods NP2, KW, AEIS, B9, and many others with most of my constructions consisting of parts from all of them, i AM though running 32gb of 2400mhz ram and before anyone jumps me about the 4gb limit (i know about it) my logic is saying that even though unity has some issues with overloading RAM( before my current PC build, i had a store bought HP that CTD'd with stock KSP sometimes) the issue can be offset by a combination of super fast ram, a fast CPU upwards of 4.2ghz+ and a motherboard that can handle that data transfer speed. With the above RAM, im also running an overclocked AMD [email protected], on the limited edition ASUS sabertooth 990-fx gen3/r2.0(so far the only AMD MoBo i can find with pci-e 3.0)

KSP is a 32 bit application and thus has a hard ram limit of about 3.75 GB, i.e. the game can not adress more ram than said amount and will crash if you exceed the limit. For this reason your computer's specs hardly matter. The Linux version on the other hand is a 64 bit application afaik.

Since most of the ram is used up by textures, you can change your texture resolution to 1/2 (or lower) in the options menu and create some more room for moooar parts. A restart is required after that change in order to achieve a full effect.

That doesn't sound like an out of ram crash, those usually occur when you launch the game and are easy fixed by removing some mods. Hopefully it will be fixed with the new updated coming out soon.

KSP is a 32 bit application and thus has a hard ram limit of about 3.75 GB, i.e. the game can not adress more ram than said amount and will crash if you exceed the limit. For this reason your computer's specs hardly matter. The Linux version on the other hand is a 64 bit application afaik.

Since most of the ram is used up by textures, you can change your texture resolution to 1/2 (or lower) in the options menu and create some more room for moooar parts. A restart is required after that change in order to achieve a full effect.

LOL not to be argumentative(im really not) , but i could argue that faster RAM pushes the textures out faster to the GPU not allowing Unity to overload the ~3.75gb limit, its honestly the only reason i can think of that i haven't had this crash, because before i put the better RAM in the current PC build im using(still a WIP) i had RAM crashes while using the stock 8gb 1333mhz that came out of the HP i had. i KNOW Unity has its issues, but for some odd reason, spending the money($1600 and counting:( ) on my computer helped get passed some limitations Unity has. i also know not everybody has the spare scratch to drop on a pure gaming rig so its not a good example of fixing the issue, its just one way

edit now watch as soon as i go to play KSP im gonna get halfway through building something or in the middle of a crucial burn and crash.....

Edited by hellion13

Even if KSP is limited to ~4Gb of RAM, that does not mean the 500 other programs people run are.

-The hyperbole is strong with this one.

LOL this is true, im pretty anal about what runs in the background, guess i run a pretty clean OS because of this, on windows 7 ultimate with no more than 15-20 background processes at any given point unless i got a bunch going on like during the twitch marathon had it going, my main KSP up, PLUS the demo and random webpages(Facebook, and others)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.