[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Actually the Bearcat Single and the Tri-Nozzle have already been fixed in the hotfix download 'patch' from around August 1st, though the main download hasn't been updated.

I looked back through this thread from late July through mid-August and didn't see anything about a hotfix. Was this patch ever released?

I see.

btw, love the 2.5m orbital bertha on my new lander.

Shot5542.jpg

Shot5548.jpg

Lol, that's all the big3 as I call them - NovaPunch, KW and AIES. AIES isn't as big as the other in terms of popularity, but it is the third-biggest rocket parts mod AFAIK.

It's quite funny:

AIES: PROOOOOOOOOBES! LAAAAANDEEEERS!!!!

KW: EEEENGIIIIIINES! TAAAANKS!!!!!

NovaPunch: HUUUUUUUUGE ROOCKEEEEEEEEETS!!!! LANDEEEEEERS! TAAAAANKS!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot FASA - but I think that it is disqualified from this list due to being a "historic" (or, in case of the latest updates, alternate historic) addon.

Both of their core part sets should be in the science tab (minus the capsules which are of course in the pods tab) Other things like RCS blocks or solar panels are in the usual stock places.

The only example on building them is the included craft files I guess.

In KSP 0.22 they'll both be pre-made assemblies you can load (assuming the feature makes it in of course)

Mission Controller Extended.

The mod that auto-generates costs for parts, among other things. :)

The code I wrote, because so many parts don't actually have distinct modules and even if so, I don't want to have to hardcode support for every mod ever, estimates a part's cost based, in part, on what tab it's in. Science parts get obscenely high costs because, well, they should (compared to girders and struts). But the Comm Dish, for instance, has no module to detect to say "I'm expensive" compared to a cubic octagonal strut...hence why I went with cost based on part categories as a good hack.

Lol, that's all the big3 as I call them - NovaPunch, KW and AIES. AIES isn't as big as the other in terms of popularity, but it is the third-biggest rocket parts mod AFAIK.

It's quite funny:

AIES: PROOOOOOOOOBES! LAAAAANDEEEERS!!!!

KW: EEEENGIIIIIINES! TAAAANKS!!!!!

NovaPunch: HUUUUUUUUGE ROOCKEEEEEEEEETS!!!! LANDEEEEEERS! TAAAAANKS!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot FASA - but I think that it is disqualified from this list due to being a "historic" (or, in case of the latest updates, alternate historic) addon.

If you add mechjeb core into the cfg file your command pod you dont have to have the ar202 case on the side of it unless of course you like it but I usually forget so its handy if its integrated

I hate not being able to provide a lot of details, but it's because I'm running a bunch of mods. I believe that NovaPunch is causing my game to crash. My game is modded-stable without it installed, but once it's installed, without fail, within 10 minutes of starting KSP, it crashes. Again, sorry that I can't be more helpful than "UR MODD MAEK MEE KRASHH", but like I said, I have other mods, so I can't rule out inter-mod shenanigans. :( Love it otherwise! ^_^

I hate not being able to provide a lot of details, but it's because I'm running a bunch of mods. I believe that NovaPunch is causing my game to crash. My game is modded-stable without it installed, but once it's installed, without fail, within 10 minutes of starting KSP, it crashes. Again, sorry that I can't be more helpful than "UR MODD MAEK MEE KRASHH", but like I said, I have other mods, so I can't rule out inter-mod shenanigans. :( Love it otherwise! ^_^

You're right that it may be 'inter-mod shenanigans' (lol, excellent phraseology!), but I had the same problem when I first installed NP as well. I solved it by going through NovaPunch as well as all my other parts and deleting stuff that I was never going to use. Like the NP command pods - for whatever reason I just didn't like the style of them, so I deleted the parts from the directory. And since I deleted those parts, that meant that the craft files that used them were broken, so I deleted those, and so on. You can give it a try anyway, see if it helps. If you've already done this, I'm out of ideas. Rotsa ruck! :D

You're right that it may be 'inter-mod shenanigans' (lol, excellent phraseology!), but I had the same problem when I first installed NP as well. I solved it by going through NovaPunch as well as all my other parts and deleting stuff that I was never going to use. Like the NP command pods - for whatever reason I just didn't like the style of them, so I deleted the parts from the directory. And since I deleted those parts, that meant that the craft files that used them were broken, so I deleted those, and so on. You can give it a try anyway, see if it helps. If you've already done this, I'm out of ideas. Rotsa ruck! :D

You know, due to most NovaPunch textures being .tga or .png files, you can easily resize them with f.e. paint.NET or GIMP (I'm not sure about GIMP, though). Most of the NovaPunch textures are already at a senzible size, but some are not and can be resized to reduce memory required. Also, you can do this to all mods except for those that use .mbm files - I have resized most KW textures to 256*256, which is one sixteenth of the size of a 1024*1024 file, which KW uses as standard.

You know, due to most NovaPunch textures being .tga or .png files, you can easily resize them with f.e. paint.NET or GIMP (I'm not sure about GIMP, though). Most of the NovaPunch textures are already at a senzible size, but some are not and can be resized to reduce memory required. Also, you can do this to all mods except for those that use .mbm files - I have resized most KW textures to 256*256, which is one sixteenth of the size of a 1024*1024 file, which KW uses as standard.

So what you are saying is that it is an issue with KSP running out of memory?

So what you are saying is that it is an issue with KSP running out of memory?

Aye. The more mods/parts you have, the more memory you use. If you can reduce memory per part, you can increase the amount of parts. The only way to reduce memory/part is, as far as I know, to downsize textures. I usually set diffuse maps (the normal textures) to 256*256 and normal maps (the ones that tell the game where to make it look like there is an indent or bump) to 5112*512. Emmissives also go to 256*256. I never upsize textures, though, that will retain the bad quality and just make it use more memory.

All scene transitions cause memory spikes. The only way to fix your problems is to remove parts that you don't need and/or resize textures. Also, the longer time you play KSP, the more the memory usage increases. This means that if your memory usage is just below the limit when starting the game, it will most likely crash from memory overflow after a few hours of gaming, making a restart necessary. Currently, I'm quite close to the limit, but I only experience crashes very rarely.

Hey everybody,

I just saw this mod on KerbalSpacePort and I tried to install it.

But... it failed, my KSP crashed after loading all the parts and stuff.

Can you guys help me out, I really want to play this (I think fantastic) mod.

Greetings. Rapsac

Hey everybody,

I just saw this mod on KerbalSpacePort and I tried to install it.

But... it failed, my KSP crashed after loading all the parts and stuff.

Can you guys help me out, I really want to play this (I think fantastic) mod.

Greetings. Rapsac

Are you running out of ram? do you have alot of mods installed? Is your PC low,med,or high end? do you have a log file? Somebody here will be able to help you im sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.