Which features do you want in 0.22?

Tom K.

Which features would you like in 0.22  

1. 1. Which features would you like in 0.22

• Resources (+Processing and mining)
    • Improved aerodynamics (+shrouds and fairing and better looking atmosphere in general)
    • Clouds and weather (GIANT STORMS ON EVE)
    • Improved IVA (modules to move around inside)
    • Continue working on carreer-mode
    • More celestial bodies (planets/moons)

I'd honestly be happy with almost any new content they could add to the game. But I'm particularly excited about career mode and anything that adds a bit of /realism/ and depth to it, like aerodynamics, fairings, resources and much improved IVA(not to mention more IVA-able station/base parts and more parts in general).

I'd like to see a sort of Kerbals Progress Screen or something. An option that would allow me to name my missions and have a custom mission patch generator. Also, follow the progress of Kerbals and allow me to see how many missions they have flown, what type, what badges they have, etc. etc.

That is included in 'Improved IVA'...

Improved IVA... well, IVA can stay like it is, i would just like to have a "crew crossfeed" ability like the "fuel crossfeed" ability for modules :) So if you have a station with several crew-capable modules, you can move any astronaut to any crew module just by clicking. Just right-click an astronaut, alt-right-click the crew module and send him there. Or right click a crew module with someone in it, alt-right-click another crew module and - like with fuel (oxi and liquid) transfer kerbals in and out. That would make station life a lot easier, especially if you exchange crew from time to time ;)

how about to add realism they add solar weather that occur at random which use solar flares and micro meteorites that can damage your craft at random points in time and endanger your crew and to counteract these events when they occur have like radiation shelters and ship repairs through eva and have the possibility of losing your crew from radiation exposure or damaged suits which can repaired when they reenter the craft.

maybe even have the other space center put to use at one point and add for career mode actually use the flight control center to observe launches in case of problems or even if possible although I'm sure is unlikely is to have for career mode show from the flight control the craft being moved to the launch from the VAB

Edit: and to add warning systems in case of solar flares set up probes at Lagrange points for a relay like with remotetech for missions

Edited by Helix935

how about to add realism they add solar weather that occur at random which use solar flares and micro meteorites that can damage your craft at random points in time and endanger your crew and to counteract these events when they occur have like radiation shelters and ship repairs through eva and have the possibility of losing your crew from radiation exposure or damaged suits which can repaired when they reenter the craft.

maybe even have the other space center put to use at one point and add for career mode actually use the flight control center to observe launches in case of problems or even if possible although I'm sure is unlikely is to have for career mode show from the flight control the craft being moved to the launch from the VAB

Edit: and to add warning systems in case of solar flares set up probes at Lagrange points for a relay like with remotetech for missions

I think this is a bit to much for next update, or the one after that... :D

Most of all, i´d like the next update be the best next step towards the finished game. Assuming squad has some sort of thought-out roadmap layed out already, i´d like them to ignore this thread and just plow on. I only want them to work on a new release when they have the feeling, that they need a thorough round of public testing, from now on. I dont want delays due to user-request (by implementing something that technically better be implemented later or working on a public release, when there seems no need for it from the devs pov). If having one less 0.xx means i get the same 1.00 a week or two earlier, i am all for it.

Oh man, why does this have to be multiple choice? I don't think my vote will contribute to this poll much, as I'd like all of those features! xD

As for which one I'd like for 0.22? It's too hard to decide between them... So I'll vote for them all! :D

I would love to see IVA's added to the hitchhiker module, or at least make it so that Kerbals placed inside don't disappear from the crew. I also voted for more celestial bodies, as I'd like to see the second gas giant that Eeloo is going to be placed around.

Edited by tiberius_solus
Didn't look at the changelog. D'oh!

Resources is quiet alot more popular then carreer...

Maybe because resources is a "may be ready in 0.22" and career is "working on it" :)

i'd love to have some career mode, like starting with little money, some missions pinned at your office, with reward (build a com satellite and bring it to kerbin orbit for X kerb-dollars), so you can earn money (if you are successful) and try to build up some stuff to make future missions cheaper for you, or to research new parts... lots of ideas :)

I picked carreer mode ressource. This game could finally have some gameplay outside of just building-launching-crashing.

I'd like aerodynmics and clouds too if they weren't going to kill my already weak laptop.

I chose Improved aerodynamics, Clouds and weather, Improved IVA and More celestial bodies.

but I'm also personally hoping for a "Gemini" style 2-man capsule as well as some new Rover body parts :D

Edited by ace.1991
missed details out

I put my vote in for resources and aerodynamics. I picked resources for the obvious reason of progressing toward career mode. I also chose aerodynamics because I spend a lot of time building spaceplanes and I would like them to work properly. I would also like to see a practical use for the "aerodynamic" nose cones, which at the moment just add weight. Perhaps in a later version they could be made to reduce drag, since flying what is essentially a flat wall into space is not exactly realistic. Fairings as well, though I wouldn't mind if they were purely aesthetic as long as they looked better than an array of flat, steel plates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.