Which features do you want in 0.22?

Tom K.

Which features would you like in 0.22  

1. 1. Which features would you like in 0.22

• Resources (+Processing and mining)
    • Improved aerodynamics (+shrouds and fairing and better looking atmosphere in general)
    • Clouds and weather (GIANT STORMS ON EVE)
    • Improved IVA (modules to move around inside)
    • Continue working on carreer-mode
    • More celestial bodies (planets/moons)

Changing the aerodynamic model would be a huge update, not in content and development, but in playtesting. Currently all parts are balanced according to the old model. A new model of aerodynamics would require a complete rebalancing of engines and aerodynamic parts. You can also expect that most of your rockets will not work anymore after this change.

FAR seems to manage very well. Balancing is what Beta is for though, and we are not there yet. Any core game changing modifications are to be expected right now. Anyway, better aerodynamics are already in the planned features list, so that area is likely to change in the future...

While I personally really want the improved IVA system, I understand we really need a bit more before it would be as much fun as the other options. Mostly, I think we need more habitation options and some kind of science capsule. (Yes I said it: SCIENCE capsule... for science!)

I don't think there's a person out there who isn't looking for a vanilla mining option, but I really hope they go form something more realistic than Kethane. Scot Manly put out a video talking about Helium-3 which could be taken from the Mun and Minmus, also from some kind of atmospheric scoop on Jool. Then there would be more traditional mining where you could grab things like Iron from the Mun, the liquid fuel from Eve, and other such goodies from Duna. (I feel like I should put this here: I really do like the Kethane mod. I think it's brilliant)

Lastly: More planetary bodies... This one is fairly self explanatory. I want to explore new worlds. In particular, I would love to see a Saturn and Uranus substitute, all full of moons and satellites, with maybe a few new probes or ships to explore the gas giants themselves.

It would be nice if Harvester C7 Mu etc would work on core features while Nova and Clayire(sorry for mispeling,it's so hard BTW) or Artyom would done more planets and new parts and graphics in general. Then it would be composed into one big update and there would be new planets,parts,mining and resources possibly.

While I personally really want the improved IVA system, I understand we really need a bit more before it would be as much fun as the other options. Mostly, I think we need more habitation options and some kind of science capsule. (Yes I said it: SCIENCE capsule... for science!)

Just curious, where do you see the IVA feature going? What are you hoping to do with it? After 5 mins novelty factor I never use it, and it must require a lot of work to code.

career mode, we have plugins for deal with resources.

Also, multiple choice poll for features that are unlikely to come together in a single release?

By your logic the game is already done, cause we have mods for everything...:huh:

And if you thought for a second about the multiple choice poll you would realise that if you pick all option your vote would be = 0 ... as you can see resources is taking the lead so the system works.

Just curious, where do you see the IVA feature going? What are you hoping to do with it? After 5 mins novelty factor I never use it, and it must require a lot of work to code.

it would be cool to set up action groups inside the IVA, so you can stage and activate certain features of the ship like solar panels, shutting down/activating engines, docking camera, access the orbit map on a monitor inside the ship, and just have tools that allow you to plug in the heading you want or switch to lock on prograde, retrograde, maneuver node, etc.

I'm thinking along the lines of a simulator kind of thing. You can do all of this in a regular view, but it's fun to flip switches and try to do the job from the inside of the ship like a real astronaut would.

By your logic the game is already done, cause we have mods for everything...:huh:
We don't, what we have is just a few quality mods that happen to deal with topics in the poll (like resources) while none do something like career mode.

By you logic... oh... wait... this is just hyperbole and there is actually no logic here. Prioritizing things that haven't been partially addressed by mods does not equal "the game is done".

I see this thread going the way of the "what if ksp was sold to EA thread", I'm out of here. These threads threaten our community.

I would like to see more celestial bodies, Mabye like a primitive type of v 0.12.0 solar system. Otherwise I would like to see A LOT MORE work on the damage and repair effects, like you would actually have to bring certain tools and parts if your spaceship's fuel tank was leaking.

But first they should work on career mode.

Edited by Alex_Leonardo

i would like resources aerodynamics. but one thing about resources, if they do not regenerate at all, what happens when you mine a planet dry? i know that it would take a while, but in theory it is possible. especially with time warp. also, how can you have complete career mode without resources? it really needs to be in the game before career mode.

I'd like the aero to be fixed, because the asparagus designs just wouldn't work in real life, making the whole thing a bit unrealistic.

More realistic aerodynamics will barely bother non-extreme asparagus designs and doesn't make the top three reasons you don't see asparagus designs in real life. Look up one of the threads discussing asparagus design in reality for details.

I'd like resources and MOAR OPTIMIZATIONS! :D

The ocean fixes have really helped! I can play KSP on my laptop a lot better now. If multiple threads were added then it would greatly help but I know this isn't just up to Squad to implement.

Also, its kind of funny how we're already talking about 0.22!

I really want multiplayer. I must play KSP with my friends! It'll be more funny! If everyone have a Space Center, And if we'll play in the same map, system, sun system etc. Won't it be very very funny?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.