[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.22 Discussion thread

ngianoplus

What features are most likely to make it into .22?  

1. 1. What features are most likely to make it into .22?

• Enhanced IVA's
    • Resources and Mining
    • Discovery and Celestials
    • New Aerodynamics and Reentry
    • Kerbal Training
    • Weather and Clouds
    • More work on career mode (be specific in comments)
    • More work on current celestials (lava, craters, geysers, etc)
    • Heavy Optimazation

So I know .21.1 is out and I know that .22 has a long road ahead. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with talking about it.

So to start it off, .21 was a great update and I am LOVING it. But the .21 update was a mere stepping stone to something greater. What we are here to talk about is: What do you want to see in the next update, what do you think will be in the next update, and any other ramblings about future updates.

I am very excited. I believe that the next updates (.22; .23; .24; and .25) have so much to offer. I have high expectations for these updates and I cannot wait to see what SQUAD has in store for us.

The road will be cold; no developer contact for weeks, it will be treacherous; updates breaking saves at will, it will be an exciting journey to see KSP blossom into a complete game!

Here is a few things that I want in the next update(s):

- Procedural craters on at least one more planet/moon

- Revamped aerodynamics

- SpacePlane artpass on parts

- Reentry damage

- Tweakables

- Observatory

What I think will be in the next (.22) update:

- Procedural craters on at least one more planet/moon

- The ability to train kerbalnauts (maybe .23)

- The ability to complete missions

- I can't think of anything atm

Enjoy talking about the next update!

Edit: Added poll for what features you think will be in .22, not what you want!

You can pick multiple choices!

Edited by ngianoplus

complete missions? oh no... you are going too far...

Training kermans? Maybe 0.23, or 0.24

The only thing that it's almost sure to be in 0.22 it's the procedural craters at leas on one more planet or moon...

I feel this update did a lot of background work, so I think we'll see a 0.22 with a lot of nifty features. Getting a basic career mode up and running seems to be the current focus. Those missions will probably entail what has been in real-life. So they'll be about getting into orbit, docking, landing on the Mun/Minmus and sending probes to the various planets. Such a set of missions requires a few things. First the Kerbal Knowledge Base needs to be expanded on. That means removing the planets from the map screen and have them (as they've talked about) and adding parts that will let us discover and analyze them. More sensors, telescopes, that sort of stuff. In line with this is the ability to do more stuff while on new moons/planets. Analyzing rocks, collecting soil samples, etc. I can't imagine that they'd implement basic career mode and not focus on letting us do more while landed on other planets/moons.

Mining and resources won't come in 0.22. They allow missions beyond what we in real-life have done, so that stuff and their accompanying missions makes a lot more sense when career mode and basic exploration missions have been added. Tweakables will have arrived by the time we get resources, but it might be something we already see earlier as it'd be damn handy to have and it might be separate enough from resources to get included.

We'll possibly see some rudimentary mission generation and reward system since the progress tracker is working. Maybe the basics of space program economy like a budget, kerbals costing money to hire along with buying parts (hey rockomax and probodyne need to make money somehow!). In career mode of course, sandbox will remain unchanged. That's at least what I expect since with the progress tracker up it makes sense to make a system utilizing it next. Would be nice if the kerbal knowledge base, which is a bit underwhelming now, started listing how close you got and when to all the celestial objects using data the progress tracker dumps into the persistence file. That also could be a near future change.

But anyway I'll just sit patiently and wait to see what Squad wants to add in 0.22.

There is no point in a thread like this right now, they're still working on fixing up 0.21.

There is no shame in discussing it. If you do not like the idea of discussing it right now, I kindly ask you to abstain from commenting and you are free to join in the conversation whenever you choose to :wink:

Unveiling of the mission control building? And since they updated the space center terrain, probably being in space center view allows game time to pass(time warp-able)?

And TWEAKABLES! As well as moar info on the knowledge base and in editors about our crafts (weight, kerbal capacity, fuel capacity, stage part count).

I'd like to see more optimization (KSP taking advantage of what your computer has). And of course, for rovers to have a purpose instead of just transportation and hauling.

Tweakables will be the ability to fine tune parts in the VAB. So setting starting positions for animated parts (ladders, landing gear, etc), setting fuel types and amounts for fuel tanks (tanks will still have upper limits, but if you want to launch with an empty tank, you can), turning off engine gimballing, etc.

I feel like there will definitely be more optimizations under the hood for 0.22, and the devs will focus more on Career mode. Possibly including kerbal training, but I'm not sure if that's a big priority right now. More likely would probably be a more visible Progress Tracking system, which can tell you which missions your kerbals have gone on, which planets you've visited, etc. I know it was put into 0.21, but here's hoping that we'll be able to see what data it collects for 0.22.