making a tank feed into your craft spaceshuttle style.

to make a big tank feed into a smaller craft spaceshuttle style, start by attaching the big tank to your capsule. then attach a radial decoupler where you want it. next attach your small craft to the big tank. then you may switch your capsule back to the small tank. this will make the big tankt the parent, because of the way it is mounted is backwards from normal and the parent tank feeds the child tanks. this way you can strap some solids to the big tank to get above your insertion tilt, and make sure the big tank is pointed up and you have plenty of control, or you will have to think about getting a new morgue for crashed kerbals.

i now the connecting works cuase i built a spaceplane-dropship combo for a spaceship one style launch like this, but the engines where only running on the big tank for that, but i did try out a space shuttle like this in 0.10.1, i need to test the fuel flow direction again though.

this could work, but perhaps have the 'shuttle' as the centre parent, and add the tank and booster complex to that, otherwise confusion occurs.

if you add the tank onto the shuttle, then fuel flows from the shuttle to the tank (parent to child) but you wan it the other way around so the engines on the shuttle will work.

I\'m sorry, but no... you are mistaken.

You can\'t move the pod in the VAB anyway, you have to detach whatever is attached to it. Whenever you do detach the whole ship (the big tank and the radically attached craft) from the pod, they move as a single unit, and ONLY the main tank has connector points (on both the top and bottom)

This is how its worked as long as I have played, which was at least v.10

If you stop and trace the fuel flow and parent-child relations of what you suggest, you\'ll see its impossible anyway - what started out as parents would become children connections, meaning that the config file would have to update EVERY CONNECTION ON THE SHIP to reflect the change. Fuel simply cannot flow from a child tank to a parent tank.

And that is disregarding that radially attaching the ship that way inverts it, making the top of the plane face the tank, instead of it being a belly-tank like the shuttle.

I really wish this did work, but it doesn\'t :(