The new description system is so awesome.

cesarcurado

Allow us to add some "lore" to our models :D

Here is the description of one of my aircraft:

An Experimental twin-engine aircraft made for Reconnaissance and Electronic aerial surveillance, designed for flying at high speeds and at high altitudes, the "Frost Troll" comes in the standard model with a state-of-the-art aerial surveillance system and top notch flying computer and gauges.

Control surfaces are commanded with an advanced fly-by-wire and the engines are thrust vectoring capable.

Please note: This aircraft is an experimental model and we don't take responsibility for any accident that may occur, as described in the purchase contract.

I know it's useless but it's kinda cool to add some deep info into your designs.

Do you add description to your models or do you just go straight for action with them?

What'd make my day, RP-wise, is a 'Kerbal Space Museum' building, where all successfully launched missions have small-scale models of them exhibited in a row, with name, description, date of launch and mission flag.

:3

This is a fan-freakin'-tastic idea. I'd love to hear from Squad if this would be difficult or tedious to code. If not, I hope they could stick in their timeline.

What'd make my day, RP-wise, is a 'Kerbal Space Museum' building, where all successfully launched missions have small-scale models of them exhibited in a row, with name, description, date of launch and mission flag.

:3

Now that would be epic. Would love to see that getting added into the game.

I am planning to use it to record useful information actually. Such as jet engine flameout thresholds, action mappings, and pre-launch tasks like disabling gimbals and docking port crossfeed.

Is the info available in flight? Or just in the VAB/SPH.

I am planning to use it to record useful information actually. Such as jet engine flameout thresholds, action mappings, and pre-launch tasks like disabling gimbals and docking port crossfeed.

Is the info available in flight? Or just in the VAB/SPH.

Only before launch and in VAB/SPH.

Would be very useful if they added a button in map window inside the info panel that pops up the aircraft desc.

Or something like that.

Just thought of a description for one of my ... Missing kerbals. Luke kerman: Never knew his father and is obsessed with ion engines. Not to mention another pilot i lost during a plane test was called omy. The way i read that was O-my kerman: when he pilots a craft you will be saying his name etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.