(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

It's the textures for whatever reason lots of mods and Linux and mce textures don't mix. Had another guy with same issue confirm. First loading mce by itself or with less mods problem went away. Also had him delete the parts folder and it loaded with large mod list like yours.

Best I could do at this point is ask a few other mods if they know about this issue, and if it's actually an mce problem or just too many mods.

Might have to take a look at your output_log.txt file to see if any issues are causing the toolbutton not to load.

Red Revert button is off by default. Has to be turned on in settings if you could get to it. :)

Maybe a pic of your SpaceCenter view.

This link includes a pic of the Spacecenter, an output log with an hour and a half gameplay, and one without any gameplay (load up the game, different scenes and quit):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmoq0odkzffz46w/AAD0Wl4yS4ximOqb3Q-wROTga?dl=0

Something peculiar: I loaded up my sandbox save and I do see the MCE icon. Loaded the career save, still nothing.

Had the exact same thing happen when I tried getting TACLS, but gave up on that mod too soon and deleted it.

Also, I see a new version up. Would that run on 0.24.2 or is it 0.25 only release?

This link includes a pic of the Spacecenter, an output log with an hour and a half gameplay, and one without any gameplay (load up the game, different scenes and quit):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmoq0odkzffz46w/AAD0Wl4yS4ximOqb3Q-wROTga?dl=0

Something peculiar: I loaded up my sandbox save and I do see the MCE icon. Loaded the career save, still nothing.

Had the exact same thing happen when I tried getting TACLS, but gave up on that mod too soon and deleted it.

Also, I see a new version up. Would that run on 0.24.2 or is it 0.25 only release?

All version for last few releases are .25 only.

If you need a .24 version then you have to go back a little.

Last .24 Version.

So checked out your logs, makes sense now. Lots of changes for KSP .25 in code, which makes most .25 mods like mine not backwards compatible with .24. You will be better off upgrading to .25.

If for some reason you don't want to do this then the link above is for the last .24 version of MCE. OF course doesn't have the latest changes from 1.04 up.

Edited by malkuth

All version for last few releases are .25 only.

If you need a .24 version then you have to go back a little.

Last .24 Version.

So checked out your logs, makes sense now. Lots of changes for KSP .25 in code, which makes most .25 mods like mine not backwards compatible with .24. You will be better off upgrading to .25.

If for some reason you don't want to do this then the link above is for the last .24 version of MCE. OF course doesn't have the latest changes from 1.04 up.

Right.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I've spent what seems like an eternity in trying to download and get all my mods working properly for 0.24.2 exactly a day before 0.25 came out; do not want to go through the ordeal again, not for 0.25 since it doesn't bring a whole lot to the table.

I'll download the version you suggested.

Now bear with me here,

Going from my current install to the suggested 1.03, anything I should keep in mind? Or is it just a simple matter of deleting the current install from Gamedata and replacing it with 1.03?

Also, the contracts for 1.03 show up in the stock Contracts Menu or in a separate GUI?

EDIT: I'm an idiot!

Your link gives me 1.01. Please replace "1.03" with "1.01" in all my questions above.

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Right.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I've spent what seems like an eternity in trying to download and get all my mods working properly for 0.24.2 exactly a day before 0.25 came out; do not want to go through the ordeal again, not for 0.25 since it doesn't bring a whole lot to the table.

I'll download the version you suggested.

Now bear with me here,

Going from my current install to the suggested 1.03, anything I should keep in mind? Or is it just a simple matter of deleting the current install from Gamedata and replacing it with 1.03?

Also, the contracts for 1.03 show up in the stock Contracts Menu or in a separate GUI?

EDIT: I'm an idiot!

Your link gives me 1.01. Please replace "1.03" with "1.01" in all my questions above.

Download version 1.01 I made a small error in original link but fixed it so seems like you have the right one now.

Hmmmm, think just deleting the folder should do, but for some reason I'm thinking if you did manage to do any Mission Controller 2 contracts from .25 then you might have issues if you go back to older version. If you have not done any contracts then you will be all set. If you do happen to have a saved newer contract then your Archives of contracts will most likely be dumped.

Some of the newer contracts are most of the Historical Contracts, The civilian contracts, the advanced Satellite contract and the Custom Crew Transfer contracts.. These were all added in .25.

Download version 1.01 I made a small error in original link but fixed it so seems like you have the right one now.

Hmmmm, think just deleting the folder should do, but for some reason I'm thinking if you did manage to do any Mission Controller 2 contracts from .25 then you might have issues if you go back to older version. If you have not done any contracts then you will be all set. If you do happen to have a saved newer contract then your Archives of contracts will most likely be dumped.

Some of the newer contracts are most of the Historical Contracts, The civilian contracts, the advanced Satellite contract and the Custom Crew Transfer contracts.. These were all added in .25.

Lol, no worries. I thought I didn't download the proper version.

I'm pretty certain that I haven't accepted or completed any of the contracts that you mention.

I definitely have a couple of contracts in the Offered list though.

So I downloaded 1.01 and did the swap in the Gamedata folder (deleted the MCE 1.07 and put the 1.01 in there)

When I load up KSP, exact same as before. :(

In the Sandbox mode it shows me the MCE button in spacecenter view. If I remember rightly, it says "Mission Controller 2" 1.1.2 at the top, when I go to edit the settings.

In the Career mode though, no MCE button but the parts still appear in the tech tree.

Here's the log if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5en0wta2mnx57d/MCE%20KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Aaaaand my Archives are all empty...;.;

Hmmm. You seem to be giving me the log.txt file located in the main directory of KSP. This file does not give me enough information, It shows errors but does not tell me what is causing them.. I actually need the output_log.txt file.

This is located in.

C:\kerbalspaceprogram\\KSP_Data

Again the file is called the Output_log.txt file.

Its same idea as the log.txt file but it breaks down everything for I can read where the error is coming from. And you have quite a few from what I read in the log.txt file.

I keep getting a contract expired when choosing the custom comsat mission. I set the orbital period, set it to true, goto mission control and decline contracts till one comes up, and accept it. As soon as I exit the mission control building I have a red box that says contract expired.

I got it in 1.07 and updated last night to 1.08 and it still happens.

Edited by Fail-o-matic

Version 1.08.02

This is for everyone having linux issues with large amounts of Mods and crashing because of Texture issue in MC2. Thank you Ald!!

1. Small Hot fix for the repairCan Texture. The texture was reduced to 1024 X 1024 and seems to have fixed the Linux Bug with large amounts of mods and Mission Controller Texture Causing a crash. Might apply to other Operating systems too. You can thank Ald from the Kerbal spaceprogram Forums for finding this and fixing it for us. thank you very much Ald. :)

I keep getting a contract expired when choosing the custom comsat mission. I set the orbital period, set it to true, goto mission control and decline contracts till one comes up, and accept it. As soon as I exit the mission control building I have a red box that says contract expired.

I got it in 1.07 and updated last night to 1.08 and it still happens.

I snuck a fix in this for hotfix when I saw your post. Try it out in the new version and see if that helps. I updated the Expire time to 1 year. And also updated the amount of days it will last as being offered.

I snuck a fix in this for hotfix when I saw your post. Try it out in the new version and see if that helps. I updated the Expire time to 1 year. And also updated the amount of days it will last as being offered.

Still getting it...I will start a new game and see if that makes any difference

Still getting it...I will start a new game and see if that makes any difference

You should not get that. I will do some more test and see if I can reproduce this.

When accepting the contract read the expiration days, see what it says. If problem persist I might need to see you Output_log.txt file to see if something is interfering with the contract.

I personally just made a contract for this and did not get issue. I did it over and over and not seeing this happen. Hmmm. Or tell me the settings your using for the contract and I will do the same on this side.

Edited by malkuth

You should not get that. I will do some more test and see if I can reproduce this.

When accepting the contract read the expiration days, see what it says. If problem persist I might need to see you Output_log.txt file to see if something is interfering with the contract.

I personally just made a contract for this and did not get issue. I did it over and over and not seeing this happen. Hmmm. Or tell me the settings your using for the contract and I will do the same on this side.

What I see is contract expires in 21h,55m,55s

Settings are for Kerbin

Orbital period of 1h28m and 1h 20m

I have created it via F12 as well...red box every time

Totally reinstalled KSP and mods....I saw a duration 1 year on the contract this time...did not see that before, which is strange as I deleted the previous mce file, installed the new one and restarted game. Sorry to have you trying to solve a problem that was on my end.

Edited by Fail-o-matic

Hmmm. You seem to be giving me the log.txt file located in the main directory of KSP. This file does not give me enough information, It shows errors but does not tell me what is causing them.. I actually need the output_log.txt file.

This is located in.

C:\kerbalspaceprogram\\KSP_Data

Again the file is called the Output_log.txt file.

Its same idea as the log.txt file but it breaks down everything for I can read where the error is coming from. And you have quite a few from what I read in the log.txt file.

I hadn't dealt with many bugs before.

Sorry, I didn't know about this other file. I made an assumption that they are one and the same.

Anyways, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1lrlzvmot70kpv/output_log.txt?dl=0

Again, thank you for being so patient and helpful.

I hadn't dealt with many bugs before.

Sorry, I didn't know about this other file. I made an assumption that they are one and the same.

Anyways, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1lrlzvmot70kpv/output_log.txt?dl=0

Again, thank you for being so patient and helpful.

Bear with me with this. I could not find a single nullrefrence to Mission Controller, it seems to be running fine, but you say no icon right? Well you do on the other hand have a crap ton of other mod nullrefrences. The very first one is usually a good sign of what is to come.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Planetarium.GetUniversalTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleResourceConverter..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)

:MoveNext()

This is used by a bunch of mods Including mine to keep track of Time (in seconds) in game. This is your very first NullRefrence. But this one is not pointing to anything that MC2 does. Not sure what its referencing.

Lets move on.

the next one is for TarsierSpaceTech, then followed by StationScience, then Debrefund, then a bunch of MechJeb ones. These repeat for a bit then we get a SCANsatKethane NullRefrence. Then a few from distant objects... I mean I could go on.. LOL. :) A bunch at the end for EnhancedNavBall.

If I was to guess I would say that you have a mod that is compiled for .25 installed and its messing with all these other mods. I can also make a guess that a lot of these mods I listed are not working correctly in your installed KSP. But since none of the NullRefrences are mine, I can only make very bad guesses to what they mean, since its not my code so not understanding whats going on. A few null refrences are ok.. But when they start to stack like they do near the end of the log file for you. EnhancedNavBall is an example that usually means KSP is not going to respond well.

Thats the big issue when people try to play an older version of KSP, with mods. I can give you a list of all the mods you have installed.

Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.3.5 v2.3.5.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0
AviationLights v0.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.7.0.86
CrewManifest v0.5.8.0
DebRefund v1.0.13.25343
DistantObject v0.0.0.0
DMagic v0.8.5.1
Engineer v0.6.2.10
EngineerToolbar v1.0.2.1
EnhancedNavBall v1.3.2.0
FinePrint v1.0.0.0
Firespitter v7.0.5356.35478
Fusebox v0.0.0.0
HullCamera v0.3.0.0
KAS v1.0.5356.29452
GeodesicGrid v1.0.5363.29417
Kethane v1.0.5363.30490
MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0
MissionControllerEC v1.1.2.0
DockingPortAlignment v1.0.0.0
ModuleDockingNodeNamed v1.0.0.0
NEAR v1.0.3.0
NearFutureSolar v1.0.0.0
FinalFrontier v1.0.0.0
ORSX v1.0.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v1.7.0.0
ProceduralFairings v0.0.0.0
RemoteTech2 v1.0.0.0
ModuleResourceConverter v1.0.0.0
SCANsat v1.0.6.0
SCANsatKethane v1.0.6.0
StationScience v1.0.0.0
AnchoredDecouplerFix v1.0.0.0
ChuteQuickloadFixer v1.0.0.0
EVAEjectionFix v1.0.0.0
TarsierSpaceTech v4.5.5380.38596
TacFuelBalancer v2.3.0.0
ModuleDB v1.0.5341.14810
ToadicusTools v0.0.0.0
KerbalAlarmClock v2.7.8.2
TweakableAnimateGeneric v1.2.5341.14808
TweakableDecouplers v1.4.5341.14805
TweakableDockingNode v1.1.5341.14805
TweakableEngineFairings v1.0.5341.14809
TweakableEVA v1.4.5341.14810
TweakableGimbals v1.3.5341.14807
TweakableIntakes v1.4.5341.14811
TweakableLadders v1.2.5341.14807
TweakableRCS v1.3.5341.14808
TweakableReactionWheels v1.2.5341.14806
TweakableSolarPanels v1.2.5341.14806
TweakableStaging v1.4.5341.14804
Karbonite v1.0.0.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
USI_Converter v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.2.3
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310
Non-DLL mods added:
SpaceplanePlus
TweakableEverything

Again only guesing but maybe the amount of null references are stopping certain mods like mine from working totally. I wish I could of found one for MC2 but its not listed at all. Which is strange if you don't see icon.

Im pretty sure the icon shows up in sandbox in any game. One of those things I forgot to fix long ago, it won't do much of course because no contracts in sandbox.

You can test this yourself if it makes you feel a little better. But Delete MCE. Load a NEW GAME... play around in the game for a second. Exit out and post me that log file again.. I bet I will find just as many Null Refrences.

Then delete the ones I mentioned above bring back MC2 and see what happens, feel free to send me log on that if you wish.

This is a lot of work, so I understand if you just want to move on and not use MC2 at all. ;)

Edited by malkuth

@malkuth:

Yeah, when I glanced over at the file myself, that didn't seem very "normal" to me. I have no idea what they mean or what's causing them, but I'd like to; I wonder where I could learn more about them.

Oh well, I might give up on the idea of playing 0.24.2

Most mods should be updated for 0.25 by now anyways, right?

Looking at your list of mods off top of my head.

DebRefund is NOT.

Distant objects is not (but in thread they some say they are using it in .25)

Make sure you update fireSpitter.. It was updated a few days ago, and some of the mods that package it might not have updated it yet in their download (all you need is the .dll).

Don't use DebRefund in .25. Debrefund uses the adds funds using the method funding. That method has been changed in .25 and it will cause all kinds of issues in your game.

If you want Debrefund fuctions then I highly suggest Magicos Stage Recovery which works in .25.

Make sure you update fireSpitter.. It was updated a few days ago, and some of the mods that package it might not have updated it yet in their download (all you need is the .dll).

Firespitter has updated the plugin for 0.25?

Where can I find the plugin?

I was thinking I would have to download his mod and then only copy the dll, but I can only find it for 0.24.2 on the forums and kerbalstuff.

The Agena mission in my current install wants an orbit of between 25.6 and 26.1 kilometers...I'm pretty sure that's not possible. It may be MCE interacting with my other mods (or 64-bit,) but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case...

(that is to say, the contract is asking for very low orbits...often ones within the lower levels of the atmosphere.)

Edited by TheDamDog

The Agena mission in my current install wants an orbit of between 25.6 and 26.1 kilometers...I'm pretty sure that's not possible. It may be MCE interacting with my other mods (or 64-bit,) but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case...

(that is to say, the contract is asking for very low orbits...often ones within the lower levels of the atmosphere.)

That contract is not random. Also pretty sure you can set the height in settings.cfg file for that. Unless I forgot to add it. I will check it out once I get a chance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.