(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

The historical contracts are freakin' great. This kind of content really improves the career experience, IMO. Kudos.

Thanks man. :)

Working on a 4 part skylab contract that will cover the launch. Repair and occupation of the station.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by malkuth

Hi, just a quick bit of feedback....

Love the new historical contracts, hope to see more eventually, anyways... On the Luna 2 contract, it says you have to orbit the moon. This implies that you have to, y'know, orbit the moon. But all that's actually necessary is to enter its SOI, then smack into it. Which is just a bit easier than orbiting, then impacting (I'm playing 6.4x RSS Kerbin, so just getting to the moon is hard again). Perhaps the wording to the contract could be adjusted?

Also, is there any way to incorporate launching some sort of "pre-existing' satellite to the satellite contract (as in, a "stock" satellite the player has to design around)?

I suggest to give more integration with Dmagic Mod. If Dmagic is installed MC2 could use dmagic's "orbital science" parts instead of the orbital research mission part, and dmagic's "rover science" parts instead of the lander research mission part.

Or you could give the opportunity to manually edit the configurations files to replace them.

In fineprint, for example, you can edit the satellite missions (wich require parts like barometers and thermometer, wich are useless in orbit) to require user-defined parts... like the scansat parts for example.

Also you could integrate the repair missions with a lighter version of "dang it". For example if you don't accept or fail a repair mission, MC" could activate "dang it" (it should be in an inactive state by default) to generate malfunctions.

This mod already integrates nicely with RemoteTech and life support mods and that's the reason I like it. More integration would be more awesome.

I suggest to give more integration with Dmagic Mod. If Dmagic is installed MC2 could use dmagic's "orbital science" parts instead of the orbital research mission part, and dmagic's "rover science" parts instead of the lander research mission part.

Or you could give the opportunity to manually edit the configurations files to replace them.

In fineprint, for example, you can edit the satellite missions (wich require parts like barometers and thermometer, wich are useless in orbit) to require user-defined parts... like the scansat parts for example.

Also you could integrate the repair missions with a lighter version of "dang it". For example if you don't accept or fail a repair mission, MC" could activate "dang it" (it should be in an inactive state by default) to generate malfunctions.

This mod already integrates nicely with RemoteTech and life support mods and that's the reason I like it. More integration would be more awesome.

thats a good idea. The only problem is that the contract and the Orbital or lander Parts interact with each with contractParameters and part modules. Each part has its own module that works with the contracts.

I could almost certainly make new contracts that could do the same thing as FinePrint, but would rather not copy his ideas or things that are already in another contract mod.

Anyway on next update so far what I have is.

New historical contract that covers the launch and missions of SkyLab. SkyLab 1, sl-2, sl-3, and sl-4. While making these historical missions I came up with a new idea for a Custom contract that I will try to write up before release.

Station Crews, like station supplies but this contract will set up a mission to deliver a crew to station or base, with a set amount of time to spend at the station, then the return to kerbin.

Edited by malkuth

Hi, just a quick bit of feedback....

Love the new historical contracts, hope to see more eventually, anyways... On the Luna 2 contract, it says you have to orbit the moon. This implies that you have to, y'know, orbit the moon. But all that's actually necessary is to enter its SOI, then smack into it. Which is just a bit easier than orbiting, then impacting (I'm playing 6.4x RSS Kerbin, so just getting to the moon is hard again). Perhaps the wording to the contract could be adjusted?

Also, is there any way to incorporate launching some sort of "pre-existing' satellite to the satellite contract (as in, a "stock" satellite the player has to design around)?

You should have to orbit the mun. Now its a simple orbit meaning that anytime you hit any value that is registered as an orbit for Both PeA and ApA then its accepted.

...On the Luna 2 contract, it says you have to orbit the moon. This implies that you have to, y'know, orbit the moon. But all that's actually necessary is to enter its SOI, then smack into it...

I've noticed a few more oddities with the Luna 2 contract as well:

- It's possible to complete it by having a different vessel perform each step...not that I would do such a thing.

- You don't get credit for the munar collision if the first part to hit is your probe core. If you back into the mun you get credit, but if the first piece to detonate is the command part, no love.

I've noticed a few more oddities with the Luna 2 contract as well:

- It's possible to complete it by having a different vessel perform each step...not that I would do such a thing.

- You don't get credit for the munar collision if the first part to hit is your probe core. If you back into the mun you get credit, but if the first piece to detonate is the command part, no love.

interesting thanks for the info, you might have just figured out why some people can't get destroyed part of contract to work. Hmmmmm.

As for the first issue, that is basically an issue with every single contract I know of. No real way around it and its kinda a bummer. Just the way the contract system works. I toyed around with the idea of using Vessel ID to lock vessel to contract but the problem is that lots of people mass select tons of contracts at the same time, be a nightmare to listen to about 100 complaints about why this contract doesn't work? All because they selected a bunch of contracts at once to do with different vessels.

Prime example. You grab a Duna Contract and Eve contract. That would require 2 vessels. But you select both at same time and launch first vessel. No that first vessel is locked to both those contracts. A second vessel would not be able to do the Eve contract.

Interesting. I do agree that's a bummer.

I wonder how that could be worked around? Requiring a part onboard to qualify for a mission (like, you'd need to carry the container of USSR pennants for Luna 2)? Hmm...

You should have to orbit the mun. Now its a simple orbit meaning that anytime you hit any value that is registered as an orbit for Both PeA and ApA then its accepted.

Hmm, didn't work that way for me. I got the complete message as soon as I entered the Mün's SOI (hyperbolic, no ApA).

Hmm, didn't work that way for me. I got the complete message as soon as I entered the Mün's SOI (hyperbolic, no ApA).

Oh this might actually be fixed in 1.06. Someone reported an issue similar to this on another contract (they use the same values) and I fixed it in the version I'm testing now (why I didn't notice any issue when I looked). So it should be better in 1.06.

Edited by malkuth

Version 1.06

1. Fixed orbit goal hopefully for most Orbit Contract goals where vessel needs to be in orbit before completing objective.

2. Changed Agena contract recording of Vessel information until End of contract has been completed. More in line with new contracts.

3. Added sub contract Funds, science and reputation to a majority of the Contracts now. Small balance pass to others.

4. Added 4 new historical contracts covering the Launch and operation of Americas First Space Station SkyLab.

5. Added new custom contract Crew Transfer contracts. Now you have a contract that you can use to launch crews to your bases and stations. Works similar to Supply Contracts.

Alas, got another reward for an orbit objective when I wasn't in orbit on Luna 16:

v1.06

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

recalculating orbit for NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16): Kerbin

rPos: [-1550485.93598509, 10839612.2244282, 30664.8154121263] rVel: [-248.271697998047, 283.080078125, -0.875611305236816] |376.528794852728|

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

recalculated orbit for NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16): the Mun

rPos: [-2142176.84182574, -1145791.476405, 30664.8154121263] rVel: [293.562662156506, -0.875611305236816, 256.330757462499] |389.724595745343|

FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

setting new dominant body: the Mun

FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Vessel NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16) velocity resumed. Reference body: Mun vel: [293.562662156506, -0.875611305236816, 256.330757462499]

Clouds: Volume Destroyed

Clouds: Volume Initialized

Clouds: Volume Enabled=False

[CurrencyConverter for Fundraising Campaign]: 4.2 Reputation taken, yields 32.34 Funds

[CurrencyConverter for Fundraising Campaign]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Funds

[CurrencyConverter for Fundraising Campaign]: 4.2 Reputation taken, yields 32.34 Funds

Added 11.44606 (12) reputation: 'ContractReward'.

Contract (Launch of Luna 16 the Mun): 'Enter Orbit Around Goal: the Mun' complete!

<#B4D455>£12,032 <#caff00>(+32)</> </><#E0D503>¡8 <#feb200>(-4)</> </>

OwUrzNe.png

Alas, got another reward for an orbit objective when I wasn't in orbit on Luna 16:

v1.06

recalculating orbit for NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16): Kerbin

rPos: [-1550485.93598509, 10839612.2244282, 30664.8154121263] rVel: [-248.271697998047, 283.080078125, -0.875611305236816] |376.528794852728|

recalculated orbit for NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16): the Mun

rPos: [-2142176.84182574, -1145791.476405, 30664.8154121263] rVel: [293.562662156506, -0.875611305236816, 256.330757462499] |389.724595745343|

FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

setting new dominant body: the Mun

FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Vessel NP.Capsule.Unmanned (Luna 16) velocity resumed. Reference body: Mun vel: [293.562662156506, -0.875611305236816, 256.330757462499]

Clouds: Volume Initialized

Clouds: Volume Enabled=False

[CurrencyConverter for Fundraising Campaign]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Funds

Added 11.44606 (12) reputation: 'ContractReward'.

Contract (Launch of Luna 16 the Mun): 'Enter Orbit Around Goal: the Mun' complete!

<#B4D455>£12,032 <#caff00>(+32)</> </><#E0D503>¡8 <#feb200>(-4)</> </>

http://i.imgur.com/OwUrzNe.png

Tried something different for this if anyone want to test it out?

Test Version. (Version 1.06.5)

Please note this is not an official version if you don't mind testing things then that is what this version does. All it changes from 1.06 is how the Orbit Goal is calculated. What I'm looking for is to make sure the orbit goal does not complete before your actually in orbit. usually this means going to another SOI like Mun or Minmus. Kerbin does not seem to be effected from what I can tell. Also if anyone can test to make sure the crash goal is working better now that would be great. As MCE gets bigger and bigger in code it gets harder for me to test everything reliably. Thanks for the help.

What I think was happening is that when you launch your not in orbit. So kerbin was never effected, but when you went to mun or any other body your always in orbit of something no matter what, so the goal needed to be defined a little better. So now I added the target Body to the mix to make sure when it checks the orbit, its also checking the body its suppose to be. ;) I thought I had this set up in the original code, but it seems like it was not working so I moved some things around and will see what happens.

Edited by malkuth

anyone want to test it out?

Happy to help. If you have a set of specific test cases you need run, please let me know - otherwise I'll wing it given the descriptions in the discussion here.

I'm not quite sure if I can turn on or off specific missions for a 'scratch' test game - I'll poke around and see if I can sort it out. My testing time is late in GMT-8 so there's lots of time if you want to ask for specific stuff to be wrung out. :)

Happy to help. If you have a set of specific test cases you need run, please let me know - otherwise I'll wing it given the descriptions in the discussion here.

I'm not quite sure if I can turn on or off specific missions for a 'scratch' test game - I'll poke around and see if I can sort it out. My testing time is late in GMT-8 so there's lots of time if you want to ask for specific stuff to be wrung out. :)

To play the contracts again you can use the debug menu to reset them to false.

I could not finish a repair mission due to the goal that says "repairParts 1" not checking off. Is anyone else getting this? Any ideas how to fix it?

That goal does not complete until you dock with the vessel. The same thing happened to me when I was making the SkyLab Contracts. I forgot why I made it do that. :) Still not sure.

Also just in case. Don't forget to put the repair Parts on your vessel before you launch it.

If for some reason none of the above apply and you truely believe you are doing the mission correct. You can Alt F12 and complete the contract with the little cheat that their.

Edited by malkuth

Okay, I did a bunch of tests on the Luna 2 mission with your 1.06.5 drop. I can confirm:

- I got orbit credit every time immediately when I entered the Mun's SOI...I was never in a stable orbit of the Mun.

- I tried crashing into the Mun at just about every orientation I could come up with, only prograde (so the probe core dies first) is working now. Backing in, or hitting while oriented +normal, gives me no credit.

Is there something specific you'd like gathered from the logs? Just lemme know.

That goal does not complete until you dock with the vessel. The same thing happened to me when I was making the SkyLab Contracts. I forgot why I made it do that. :) Still not sure.

Also just in case. Don't forget to put the repair Parts on your vessel before you launch it.

If for some reason none of the above apply and you truely believe you are doing the mission correct. You can Alt F12 and complete the contract with the little cheat that their.

That is strange, the contract parameter that says dock with the satellite is completed. I did use KAS to do the docking though, would that possibly break the mission?

That is strange, the contract parameter that says dock with the satellite is completed. I did use KAS to do the docking though, would that possibly break the mission?

I don't think so, all the objective is doing is looking to make sure your docked. KAS as far as a remember counts as a dock when using the docking part. So not sure. Sometimes things just go screwy it seems.

If I had more than two other mods installed, KSP (linux x64) crashed while loading the texture of the repair can (model000.png).

I spent a lot of time adding and removing mods. But I couldn't find which was causing the crash. No problem on vanilla and no problem with up to 2-3 other mods. But with enough mods KSP always crashed when MC2 was installed... also after removing and redownloading KSP from steam.

Finally I replaced the repair can texture with a dummy one. No problem since then. Just a white repair can xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.