(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hi there, im unable to complete a "Custom ComSat Satellite Mission"

The "reach Orbit with period X to Y" wont complete, the other parameters are completed at this point & within the same flight.

Workaround: Alt+F12 -> Contracts -> click "Com."plete button

// EDIT

You have the times backwards.

so actually right now ContractText displays "inbetween maxPerios and minPeriod" and i didnt noticed the min/max in the settings screen :P

// EDIT

Using .24.2 KSPx68 + MC2 rel. 1.0 (the just uploaded one) + a BUNCH of other mods :P

Seeing here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov9f7cv42x3knhk/KSP_2014_08_20_07_01_45_070.jpg

// ContractText displays "inbetween 1hour 15minutes and 1hour 45minutes", your "helpTool" correctly shows 1hour 28minutes, same for KER - but the "reach orbit" wont complete

from my safeFile for this contract:

PARAM
{
name = OrbitalPeriod
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
maxOrbID = 4500
minOrbID = 6300
}

ORBIT parameters of the vessel

{
SMA = 1349338.11128041
ECC = 0.000631639172341331
INC = 0.238385025120307
LPE = 243.802743951636
LAN = 105.635302532137
MNA = 4.21626005830777
EPH = 208168.401125356
REF = 1
}

my McE config:

StartBuilding = True
maxOrbP = 4500
minOrbP = 6300
contractName = Deliver COMSAT Satellite

Edited by Tabakhase
not a bug, times backwards m(

I`ve just been asked to do ground `resarach`...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it before but I though I`d do that now.

EDIT : didn`t see the recent release, this may be moot...

Edited by John FX

Hi there, im unable to complete a "Custom ComSat Satellite Mission"

The "reach Orbit with period X to Y" wont complete, the other parameters are completed at this point & within the same flight.

Workaround: Alt+F12 -> Contracts -> click "Com."plete button

Using .24.2 KSPx68 + MC2 rel. 1.0 (the just uploaded one) + a BUNCH of other mods :P

Seeing here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov9f7cv42x3knhk/KSP_2014_08_20_07_01_45_070.jpg

// ContractText displays "inbetween 1hour 15minutes and 1hour 45minutes", your "helpTool" correctly shows 1hour 28minutes, same for KER - but the "reach orbit" wont complete

from my safeFile for this contract:

PARAM
{
name = OrbitalPeriod
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
maxOrbID = 4500
minOrbID = 6300
}

ORBIT parameters of the vessel

{
SMA = 1349338.11128041
ECC = 0.000631639172341331
INC = 0.238385025120307
LPE = 243.802743951636
LAN = 105.635302532137
MNA = 4.21626005830777
EPH = 208168.401125356
REF = 1
}

my McE config:

StartBuilding = True
maxOrbP = 4500
minOrbP = 6300

You have the times backwards. should read like this.

StartBuilding = True
maxOrbP = 6300
minOrbP = 4500

What do you think about a special tweakable "customer payload"-part (similar to the mass simulator addon)? My understanding is that the high mass req. in the satellite contracts is mend to make them more complicated, but as of now the most efficient method seem to make a big oversized upperstage and more or less just fire the requested amount of mass as spacejunk into the requested orbit.

If it gets bigger then I usually just throw a Fuel Tank on it. Lots of people in our reality consider satellites spacejunk. ;) I did lower the mass though in latest version.

You have the times backwards.

I i i... I don´t even :confused:

Okay, it was like 6am for me and i totally blame this and the "usually one would say 'in between min and max'", or is that just me?

I hereby request to get this changed in all places to save others from this struggle :D

In the SettingsMenu the labels actually correctly define "min" and "max" as writtenText, but nether the contract preview in the admin.Building nor the inflightHelptip thing do.

Works like a charm now =)

Until I update now to the latest version, I've found two "bugs" in the latest beta:

• Auto-rename after completing a repair sat contract does not work. I had to remove "(repair)" manually
  • This offered contract made my day :D Screen:
    zIZOacr.png

Just in case this two "bugs" are not fixed in the latest version.

Could see it as a "send up a small space station" mission. Science lab (3.5t) + Hitchhiker can (2.5t)+ docking port(0.05t).

Good suggestion, but I've already a station in kerbin orbit and do not want one more. Next station will be build in mun orbit. Contract to do it is already accepted :)

Edited by acc

Until I update now to the latest version, I've found two "bugs" in the latest beta:

• Auto-rename after completing a repair sat contract does not work. I had to remove "(repair)" manually
  • This offered contract made my day :D Screen:
    http://i.imgur.com/zIZOacr.png

Just in case this two "bugs" are not fixed in the latest version.

Good suggestion, but I've already a station in kerbin orbit and do not want one more. Next station will be build in mun orbit. Contract to do it is already accepted :)

The sun is fixed. Auto Rename is not.

Can't find a sulution to the problem, because most of the time when the contract finishes you are still docked to the vessel that needs to be renamed. Since your docked with it, it does not exist so the renaming does not happen at end of contract like its suppose to.

I i i... I don´t even :confused:

Okay, it was like 6am for me and i totally blame this and the "usually one would say 'in between min and max'", or is that just me?

I hereby request to get this changed in all places to save others from this struggle :D

In the SettingsMenu the labels actually correctly define "min" and "max" as writtenText, but nether the contract preview in the admin.Building nor the inflightHelptip thing do.

Works like a charm now =)

Ya I keep wanting to move them around a bit, but other things usually come up.\

In flight help thing mean the tool tips that show current orbital period? Or the actual descriptions for the goals?

Should look like this, and just confirmed in code.

"Reach Orbital Period Between: 4 hours 20 mins And 4 Hours 15 Mins;

Of course replace your time with what I placed.

The orbital Readout helper only gives you the Current orbital period of vessel. The goal is to = or be between the two numbers above.

Edited by malkuth

I must say I have lots of fun with this mod and so far the performance has been rock solid.

I just noticed one minor annoyance: The duration of the Agena missions is extremely short: One day (six hours) might seem a lot to the normal KSP player, but I'm running Kerbal Construction Time, which makes me having to wait about a week before I can launch a vehicle after it rolled out the VAB. So one day ends up being way too short. I basically need to make the Agena vehicle, roll it out on the Launchpad and then pray that the Agena contract shows up in the list, which isn't idea.

Why not set it to one year like most other contracts? :)

I must say I have lots of fun with this mod and so far the performance has been rock solid.

I just noticed one minor annoyance: The duration of the Agena missions is extremely short: One day (six hours) might seem a lot to the normal KSP player, but I'm running Kerbal Construction Time, which makes me having to wait about a week before I can launch a vehicle after it rolled out the VAB. So one day ends up being way too short. I basically need to make the Agena vehicle, roll it out on the Launchpad and then pray that the Agena contract shows up in the list, which isn't idea.

Why not set it to one year like most other contracts? :)

Thats actually too much time. :) Real life agena. They launched Agena Target vehicle, then the Mercury Fired right behind it.

Can't you pre build vessels in Kerbal Construction time?

Hi guys,

First off, I'm enjoying this mod and think it adds some much needed variety to the contracts system, so thanks a bunch malkuth.

I am however having a little trouble, using the newest version of the mod, I find that the option "No MCE Orbital period satellite contracts" option doesn't work for disabling that contract type. is this bug known, or is it possibly something wrong with my game.

I have tried it on fresh install and new games, but the orbital period contracts still show up, usually a good load of them as well.

EDIT - Extra Info

One thing about all the orbital period contracts is that they all ask for an orbital period of between 5 hours 58 minutes, and 6 hours 1 minute, other requirements of the missions can vary, but every one has the same orbital period, is that normal?

I run the game in 64bit.

Other mods I use are

KW Rocketry,

KSP Interstellar

RealChute

Debrefund

KerbalEngineer

Ferram Aerospace

KerbalAlarmClock

Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wings

Thanks,

Doofage

Edited by Doofage

Of course you can! But the launch pad needs to be reconditioned before you can put the next rocket on there. In my save, this takes about 2 to 3 days. I wonder how the real launched worked - they must have used two launchpads.

Also, when the Argena Mission fails, it won't show up again unless you turn the boolean off in the debug menu. Maybe this is intended, but I'd like to remind that NASA's first attempt also failed as the whole thing exploded during ascent. A do-over without having to go into the debug menu would be nice, if that's possible. Can you reset the boolean upon failure?

Edited by Three_Pounds

i was so busy fooling around in other threads I didn't see that MC2 had gone to V1.0. sweet. Awesome that supply missions pay off now. Things like this are taking away my need to develop an annual budget plug-in, especially if it can start to cover costs pretty well.

Hi guys,

First off, I'm enjoying this mod and think it adds some much needed variety to the contracts system, so thanks a bunch malkuth.

I am however having a little trouble, using the newest version of the mod, I find that the option "No MCE Orbital period satellite contracts" option doesn't work for disabling that contract type. is this bug known, or is it possibly something wrong with my game.

I have tried it on fresh install and new games, but the orbital period contracts still show up, usually a good load of them as well.

EDIT - Extra Info

One thing about all the orbital period contracts is that they all ask for an orbital period of between 5 hours 58 minutes, and 6 hours 1 minute, other requirements of the missions can vary, but every one has the same orbital period, is that normal?

I run the game in 64bit.

Other mods I use are

KW Rocketry,

KSP Interstellar

RealChute

Debrefund

KerbalEngineer

Ferram Aerospace

KerbalAlarmClock

Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wings

Thanks,

Doofage

Hmmm something I guess should keep in mind is that if you already have a contract being offered, then turning off the contract type won't take effect until the next contracts cycle. So to be sure you would have to actually get rid of the current contract and see if they come back. If they do then its a bug.

Should be only getting 1 orbital period contract at a time. I will take a look when I get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you can! But the launch pad needs to be reconditioned before you can put the next rocket on there. In my save, this takes about 2 to 3 days. I wonder how the real launched worked - they must have used two launchpads.

Also, when the Argena Mission fails, it won't show up again unless you turn the boolean off in the debug menu. Maybe this is intended, but I'd like to remind that NASA's first attempt also failed as the whole thing exploded during ascent. A do-over without having to go into the debug menu would be nice, if that's possible. Can you reset the boolean upon failure?

I will raise it when I get a chance then.

@Three_Pounds You could temporarily disable reconditioning or build times if need be to complete some of the missions (if their times are too short with KCT).

@Malkuth I imagine the issues with prebuilding are two fold. One is that you may not know the requirements of a contract prior to it appearing, and the other is that when you start building the craft is when you have to pay for it. If you prebuild a lot of craft you're going to run into problems with funds. I'm not saying it's something you need to change, but with KCT it can be months before a craft is finished depending on user settings (in my specific case, I play with settings that make a low tech rocket still take about 30-50 kerbal days, but the average is about 8 days I think for defaults).

If you do make any changes based on KCT, let me know if I can help at all. If you want access to anything KCT oriented (aka, you want me to make an API) let me know. I can always make user settings available to other mods and you could alter deadlines based on KCT's time modifiers (or simply on the presence of KCT. That's easy without an API).

In short, if you need me to do anything just ask :P

@Three_Pounds You could temporarily disable reconditioning or build times if need be to complete some of the missions (if their times are too short with KCT).

@Malkuth I imagine the issues with prebuilding are two fold. One is that you may not know the requirements of a contract prior to it appearing, and the other is that when you start building the craft is when you have to pay for it. If you prebuild a lot of craft you're going to run into problems with funds. I'm not saying it's something you need to change, but with KCT it can be months before a craft is finished depending on user settings (in my specific case, I play with settings that make a low tech rocket still take about 30-50 kerbal days, but the average is about 8 days I think for defaults).

If you do make any changes based on KCT, let me know if I can help at all. If you want access to anything KCT oriented (aka, you want me to make an API) let me know. I can always make user settings available to other mods and you could alter deadlines based on KCT's time modifiers (or simply on the presence of KCT. That's easy without an API).

In short, if you need me to do anything just ask :P

Think it would be just easier to increase the time to maybe a week and a half of so.

Okay, this time its not 6 am and I tripple-checked with the code to make sure it IS an actuall bug and not just my derpiness =)

"Custom ComSat Satellite Mission" validades without checking the body. - (should be a part of the ContractParameter::OrbitalPeriod i guess)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sk75f24ddd2rpb/KSP_2014_08_22_00_55_59_376.jpg

((The "orbit" goal completed while doing the circBurn at Kerbin, i only made the screenshot "a little late"))

Just a little feedback. I think you should ditch the mass requirements for satellites. As I'm building these, I'm finding that I just add fuel to make the mass range. I can burn it off or dump it with TAC Fuel Balancer. This makes for some pretty "special" looking satellites. It doesn't feel very authentic to just be adding mass for the sake of adding mass. I had much more fun trying to cram things onto a small are body to get the most bang for my buck.

@Jikahn: the solution I went with was to copy the stock Octo probe and create a new part whereby I changed the mass of it to 3.0. Therefore, you're still fulfilling the requirement of the contract by lifting the required weight without cheating. Just change the name and mass in the part.cfg file

Edited by Apollo13

A suggestion and a question:

Building on Apollo13's comment, why not build a satellite pod incorporating your MCE research part.

Question/suggestion: anyway to bring back the feature in which you launched a satellite for a company (or research entity) and allow the satellite to be controlled by them after meeting the mission requirements?

What is "1 repairParts" objective in repair satelite mission? This is the last one that I dont know how to complete. I arrived at the satelite with ship equiped with spare parts, kerbal went EVA, docked via KAS, transfered parts, clicked "check status" on repair panel, performed repairs, undocked, deorbited. Satelite changed name, removing "(repair)" suffix. Now what? Thanks

What is "1 repairParts" objective in repair satelite mission? This is the last one that I dont know how to complete. I arrived at the satellite with ship equipped with spare parts, Kerbal went EVA, docked via KAS, transferred parts, clicked "check status" on repair panel, performed repairs, undocked, deorbited. Satellite changed name, removing "(repair)" suffix. Now what? Thanks

That should have completed it. You did all the steps correctly. You had the Repair Parts Canister on your ship to transfer the parts from to the Repair Panel, correct?

A suggestion and a question:

Building on Apollo13's comment, why not build a satellite pod incorporating your MCE research part.

Question/suggestion: anyway to bring back the feature in which you launched a satellite for a company (or research entity) and allow the satellite to be controlled by them after meeting the mission requirements?

Only reason I don't want to do that is because, I don't want to take the ability for someone to delete the satellite after contract completion. Some people have lower system Specs, and sometimes need to clear things out that are not needed, like spammed

satellites to make money. :)

All that feature actaully did was make it for if you destroyed the satellite then you were fined by the company lots of money.

What is "1 repairParts" objective in repair satelite mission? This is the last one that I dont know how to complete. I arrived at the satelite with ship equiped with spare parts, kerbal went EVA, docked via KAS, transfered parts, clicked "check status" on repair panel, performed repairs, undocked, deorbited. Satelite changed name, removing "(repair)" suffix. Now what? Thanks

Repair Parts are the resources you need to actually repair the vessel, as long as you have at least 1 repair part on your vessel you should complete that objective. The resource is not called SPARE PARTS, but "Repair Parts".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.