(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Tested 3B now, but there is no way to get into the debug menu in flight. I set the config to "disable revert", so there is no MCE-button in flight. Maybe that's the issue?

Please don't get me wrong, I like some parts of this mod a lot (if not I would not test it and give you my feedback), but actually some parts of it starts to annoy me.

Maybe you could talk to the dev of FinePrint (because it works great) to get better mechanics for the contracts.

Some people now think (again) I'm rude, but I'm not. I'm just honest to help. I know postings like "cool mod, thank you" are more motivating, but less helpfull to improve the mod.

I respect your work and I'm thankfull you share it with us :)

Ahm, yeah, it's me again :D

I've found something interesting: For the contracts the vessel does'nt matter. As example the sat contracts: If you have already a sat launched (with repair panel) all open contracts which require unmanned vessel and repair panel will be set this two points as done. Then any vessel in the right orbital height (and inc, if required) will count as sat, even if it is not unmanned nor has a repair panel attached. Or even more easy: If you have a vessel already at the right orbital altitude (and inc...) the contract is finished, without launching something new.

Here a screenshot where a manned launch (was doin a sat repair mission and had another "launch a sat"-contract accepted) was counted as sat launch:

v5diXAS.png

I'm pretty sure I will get a repair contract for my already landed and recovered manned vessel :D

It was my first repair mission, so I want to show a small impression with Jeb at work:

uIbdeaV.png

Edited by acc

Malkuth, since we can decline missions, it is not really an issue now, but going forward, it might be nice to have the repair missions be more rare, or only spawn after a satellite has been up for a while. I have a remote-tech kerbosynchronous relay series, all launched on 6h contracts, and there is always at least one repair mission loaded up, when it seems like this should be a more occasional thing. I have been playing around with this and Fine Print together, as well as DMagic's new contracts, and so far everything plays well, and it is a more rewarding game for sending out probes and unmanned missions.

For the 6h orbital period contracts, perhaps it would be better to say in the title of the contract if it is going to require an inclined orbit? Perhaps it is just me, but when I read 6h period, my mind translated to kerbostationary, when these orbits are kerbosynchronous but in no way stationary. Perhaps if the contract has no inclination, title the contract "Launch a satellite into a kerbostationary Orbit" and if it does, "Launch a satellite into a kerbosynchronous Orbit"? A small matter, to be sure, but that is my thought.

@malkuth, I have an idea for the tech tree, and modding it, that may not even be possible with the current KSP engine. I don't know what is available to the mod developer community nor am I knowledgeable of the KSP API available to you. This may even be the wrong thread. But, here goes...

Currently, to advance on the tech tree, you buy nodes with Science. Predecessor nodes are required to advance to successor nodes. Within each node may be parts purchased with Funds.

My idea is tech nodes that cannot be purchased with Science. Rather, it requires "Alien Technology". That is, technology that cannot be purchased with Science. The technology must be "found" and brought back to Kerbin. When the mission is accepted, the location is marked on the planet/moon where the technology is located. The player lands near it and retrieves it and returns it to the vessel. Upon landing/recovering the vessel on Kerbin, the technology node is opened, if there are no other predecessor nodes required.

Marking locations on other bodies is done now in the FinePrint, Karbonite, and Kethane mods, so that function is available.

Just a thought...

Edited by Apollo13

Malkuth, since we can decline missions, it is not really an issue now, but going forward, it might be nice to have the repair missions be more rare, or only spawn after a satellite has been up for a while. I have a remote-tech kerbosynchronous relay series, all launched on 6h contracts, and there is always at least one repair mission loaded up, when it seems like this should be a more occasional thing. I have been playing around with this and Fine Print together, as well as DMagic's new contracts, and so far everything plays well, and it is a more rewarding game for sending out probes and unmanned missions.

For the 6h orbital period contracts, perhaps it would be better to say in the title of the contract if it is going to require an inclined orbit? Perhaps it is just me, but when I read 6h period, my mind translated to kerbostationary, when these orbits are kerbosynchronous but in no way stationary. Perhaps if the contract has no inclination, title the contract "Launch a satellite into a kerbostationary Orbit" and if it does, "Launch a satellite into a kerbosynchronous Orbit"? A small matter, to be sure, but that is my thought.

I plan on making it more rare now that I have a solid Persistent save state for you games. Be a little bit though.

Tested 3B now, but there is no way to get into the debug menu in flight. I set the config to "disable revert", so there is no MCE-button in flight. Maybe that's the issue?

Please don't get me wrong, I like some parts of this mod a lot (if not I would not test it and give you my feedback), but actually some parts of it starts to annoy me.

Keep the window open in spacecenter don't close it. When you get into flight it will pop back up.

Ahm, yeah, it's me again

I've found something interesting: For the contracts the vessel does'nt matter. As example the sat contracts: If you have already a sat launched (with repair panel) all open contracts which require unmanned vessel and repair panel will be set this two points as done. Then any vessel in the right orbital height (and inc, if required) will count as sat, even if it is not unmanned nor has a repair panel attached. Or even more easy: If you have a vessel already at the right orbital altitude (and inc...) the contract is finished, without launching something new.

You can do this when any contract actually, its a limitation of how the contract system works. Only way to combat this is to record the vessel ID on launch and store it somewhere and check it against new launches. I come to the conclusion this will cause more trouble then its worth.

A more simple solution would be to make sure the vessel is in Prelaunch. Or have a prelaunch condition. which means that the contract has to start in prelaunch. Seems more reasonable and I tested it on the Agena Target Vessel Missions.

@malkuth, I have an idea for the tech tree, and modding it, that may not even be possible with the current KSP engine. I don't know what is available to the mod developer community nor am I knowledgeable of the KSP API available to you. This may even be the wrong thread. But, here goes...

Currently, to advance on the tech tree, you buy nodes with Science. Predecessor nodes are required to advance to successor nodes. Within each node may be parts purchased with Funds.

My idea is tech nodes that cannot be purchased with Science. Rather, it requires "Alien Technology". That is, technology that cannot be purchased with Science. The technology must be "found" and brought back to Kerbin. When the mission is accepted, the location is marked on the planet/moon where the technology is located. The player lands near it and retrieves it and returns it to the vessel. Upon landing/recovering the vessel on Kerbin, the technology node is opened, if there are no other predecessor nodes required.

Marking locations on other bodies is done now in the FinePrint, Karbonite, and Kethane mods, so that function is available.

Just a thought...

You can do very limited things with the TechTree. Move Techs around for they belong to other Nodes, and open up a few secret nodes that already exist. Thats about it.

You can do this when any contract actually, its a limitation of how the contract system works. Only way to combat this is to record the vessel ID on launch and store it somewhere and check it against new launches. I come to the conclusion this will cause more trouble then its worth.

A more simple solution would be to make sure the vessel is in Prelaunch. Or have a prelaunch condition. which means that the contract has to start in prelaunch. Seems more reasonable and I tested it on the Agena Target Vessel Missions.

Would it be possible to only spawn the part that is supposed to do the scan in the science category when the contract is available, like experimental parts, and give it a unique ID/name? Something like "Do an orbital scan of Minmus with the [Procedurally-generated technobabble] tool," which would appear as an experimental orbital scanner in Science, but only be good for that one contract. I don't know what handles you have into the code, or if this would work, but it would reduce spamming contracts on the same satellite/lander.

Okay, here's a bug. Kinda.

mXWsHVf.png

As you see, it's a repair contract. But - it's given by different agency (I name my sats after agency - here, CactEye KSOSat 1 means "first satellite launched at kerbostationary orbit for CactEye agency").

Also, what does "unloaded" means? The satellite is alive and kicking...

EDIT:

Currently, you can use "one for all" satellite design, which is kinda dull. Can you add additional part requirements to th satellite contracts?

- Random probe core

- Random solar panel or RTG

- Random battery

- Random antenna

- Random engine

- Random SAS

That would make each satellite rather unique in construction.

Edited by biohazard15
more ideas

When going into the mission control building to accept a new contract I cant seem to do any orbital or ground research missions except on either the mun (orbital research) or the sun (this is funny land on the sun?) sun is when it attempts to give me a ground research mission. It never lets me choose a new planet.

CIyD09c.png

Edited by Abomber544

When going into the mission control building to accept a new contract I cant seem to do any orbital or ground research missions except on either the mun (orbital research) or the sun (this is funny land on the sun?) sun is when it attempts to give me a ground research mission. It never lets me choose a new planet.

http://i.imgur.com/CIyD09c.png

The sun is something I thought I fixed but guess not. But you only get those missions if you actually visit the planet body first, usually just a flyby.

Okay, here's a bug. Kinda.

http://i.imgur.com/mXWsHVf.png

As you see, it's a repair contract. But - it's given by different agency (I name my sats after agency - here, CactEye KSOSat 1 means "first satellite launched at kerbostationary orbit for CactEye agency").

Also, what does "unloaded" means? The satellite is alive and kicking...

EDIT:

Currently, you can use "one for all" satellite design, which is kinda dull. Can you add additional part requirements to th satellite contracts?

- Random probe core

- Random solar panel or RTG

- Random battery

- Random antenna

- Random engine

- Random SAS

That would make each satellite rather unique in construction.

Unloaded is because that is what KSP adds to the end of your craft file when your not in Flight. And you can't really get rid of it unless I do some hackery with Strings, which in the end could cause more problems then just dealing with the name in first place.

The sun is something I thought I fixed but guess not. But you only get those missions if you actually visit the planet body first, usually just a flyby.

okay but what I want to know is how to get those missions to change to another planet not just the sun or the Mun

You can change the difficulty level in the config.cfg file located in the GameData/MissionControllerEC folder.

I love this mod and I have been using it since before 0.24 in anticipation for the contract system.

However, while changing the config file isn't difficult, will you be adding an in game menu so these and other changes can be done on the fly? Much like with the ComSat Contracts.

I love this mod and I have been using it since before 0.24 in anticipation for the contract system.

However, while changing the config file isn't difficult, will you be adding an in game menu so these and other changes can be done on the fly? Much like with the ComSat Contracts.

The difficulties require a restart so no point with that. The other things will have in game option eventually.

okay but what I want to know is how to get those missions to change to another planet not just the sun or the Mun

Like I said in post you unlock other bodies by visiting them. These mission get the body names from the discovered bodies.

Meaning if you have not been there it's not discovered. Default ksp explore mission covers this.

Keep the window open in spacecenter don't close it. When you get into flight it will pop back up.

Ah, nice, thank you :)

But for the stock contracts it works to set the conditions back to not-done. Maybe let the plugin check all conditions again before complete. As example the stock contract "test part in flight" if you get over the target altitude or height the condition switches from done to not done. So it should be the simplest solution to check all conditions again on a contract if the state of just one condition changes.

This works not for the ATV contracts, but for the sat contracts it should work like stock.

Or another solution would be to check all the conditions on every vessel load. Could be not the best way for performance (if you have some contracts active).

Sorry. I am confused about how to change the difficulty level.

If I want HardCoreMode then I should edit just the first line in settings config to read..

difficutlylevel = 6

and after a restart that's it?

EDIT: No... everything is free!!! It looks like I should have put

difficutlylevel = 3

Edited by Kaa253

I'm getting a crash while loading my save in a heavily modded file. The last thing I did was to put a ScanSat (v7.something) into orbit, but I'm getting a null reference exception to something in MC2. I've uploaded the end of the output log here: http://pastebin.com/MqwM2S9t Thanks for any support you can give!

All I can suggest is not to run in 64 bit when using lots of mods, I can't get it to work myself with lots of mods running.

Also the null refrence is for startUp() only thing that runs on startup is the difficulties, and if that's not working won't cause a crash, will only make it for difficulty levels won't work. Not sure why you would Null out on that, almost guarantee its in connection with trying to run it in 64 bit.

I can run MCE in 64 bit by itself fine. But add other mods and things go bad. Not sure why or whats causing it, but not much I can do about it. 64 bit being unstable as it is, is very hard to diagnose when you have 20 other mods running.

Try 32 bit and see if that helps.

Also the crash happened well after that null reference.

the crash occurs at:

Line 940 and 941.

My own testing to try to find out what mods are causing crashes has not come up with anything to help. Usually the crash file says very little to what is causing it.

A lot of people get confused because they see debug code for a particular mod before the crash. Again means nothing really, unless its something that happens over and over in same place. But again my own test show that usually its always a little different.

Also it seems to matter what OS your using also. I run KSP in windows 7, and usually runs fine unless I run lots mods in 64 bit. But 32 bit I never get crashes. I also never get crashes in 64 bit when only running MCE in my test games. So who knows whats causing it. Could very well be MCE bad interaction with other mods in 64Bit. Crash logs never tell me enough though to track it down. Or if its even MCE at all.

The only thing I can think of and its a long shot, is if two mods try doing the exact same thing at the exact same time, might cause issue.

Like for instance two mods that try to disable the contract Rescue kerbal! I can almost guarantee a bad exception that might cause a crash if thats the case.

Edited by malkuth

Hey malkuth, how many mods do you do ><

So I put difficutlylevel = 6 in my cfg and it seems to cause all the prices to drop to zero. Am I doing it wrong? I played hardcore on your 23.5 mod.

EDIT: So I think that difficulty level is 1-3? I'm going to try 3. Considering what the cfg looks like it's sort of intuitive but I guess it makes sense now that I understand it.

Edited by Gaugeforever

Hey malkuth, how many mods do you do ><

So I put difficutlylevel = 6 in my cfg and it seems to cause all the prices to drop to zero. Am I doing it wrong? I played hardcore on your 23.5 mod.

EDIT: So I think that difficulty level is 1-3? I'm going to try 3. Considering what the cfg looks like it's sort of intuitive but I guess it makes sense now that I understand it.

No, only set it between 1 and 3.

difficutly 1 = easy so set it to 1.

Difficulty 2 = Meduim set it to 2 if you want that.

Difficulty 3 = hardcore set it to 3 if you want that.

Anything higher and you will get error.

The other 3 values you see in config are to set what multiplier you want for each difficulty level.

Easy is 1 which means no Multiplier.

Medium is 3 Which is Base Part * 3.

Hardcore is 6 which is Base part *6.

Hope this helps.

I have a list of all mods I use a few pages back.

Edited by malkuth

All I can suggest is not to run in 64 bit when using lots of mods, I can't get it to work myself with lots of mods running.

Yeah, that seems to work. Oh well, thanks for taking a look at the log and giving me such a well written response :)

No, only set it between 1 and 3.

difficutly 1 = easy so set it to 1.

Difficulty 2 = Meduim set it to 2 if you want that.

Difficulty 3 = hardcore set it to 3 if you want that.

Anything higher and you will get error.

The other 3 values you see in config are to set what multiplier you want for each difficulty level.

Easy is 1 which means no Multiplier.

Medium is 3 Which is Base Part * 3.

Hardcore is 6 which is Base part *6.

I also did eventually work this out. Maybe it was more obvious in an earlier version of MCE but for newcomers to MCE2 for 0.24, we cannot find this information elsewhere. May I suggest it be added to the OP and/or the HowToInstall.txt?

Oh, and by the way, in my new save I am losing the race for funds .... it is really wonderful! Thanks.

I also did eventually work this out. Maybe it was more obvious in an earlier version of MCE but for newcomers to MCE2 for 0.24, we cannot find this information elsewhere. May I suggest it be added to the OP and/or the HowToInstall.txt?

Oh, and by the way, in my new save I am losing the race for funds .... it is really wonderful! Thanks.

Ya it's little hard at start, but eventually you come out if it.

Ya it's little hard at start, but eventually you come out if it.

Yep. I started with 10,000 funds. I now have 16,000,000 without cheating on Normal setting. I may have to restart at a higher difficulty level.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.