(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

http://i.imgur.com/u4RamgAl.jpg

On the sun, you say?! Not sure if that's an intended destination for landing or not.

Dammit is that still happening. That should not be happening. LOL. Well I guess I going to have to try a new approach to getting rid of the sun for the landing. The one Im using is not working at all. :) You can just x out the contract should get a new one without it I hope.

Does the mac version use the same .net version as linux?

Next version will most likely be in .net 3.5 since KSP only really supports features from Net 3.5.

You can try the version above should not cause any issue.

Be releasing the newer version soon.

Version 3D released.

Man I was hoping not to release another version so soon. But things have come up.

The changes

1. MCE2 started out being compiled in .net 4.5. This might cause problems on Unix systems and other systems. I decided to release this version thats compiled in .net 3.5. KSP only uses .net 3.5 so will not hurt anything. In fact the recompile was as easy as selecting a

new .net version. But just in case this might help out some having crashes. This will not help with KSP 64 bit and a large amount of mods running in that platform. Large amounts of mods and KSP 64Bit does not mix! Its reported in many mod threads that this is an issue with

KSP 64 bit not the mods!

2. Repair Missions will now rename your target vessel with "Original Name + (Repair)". this is to help identify the target vessel for repair, just in case all your satellites are named the same thing.

3. Both the Orbital Research Probe and Lander Research Probe can do Default KSP research in biomes. Orbital Probes scans only work while in orbit. And the lander on the ground. This does not effect the Contracts for these parts. these are normal vanilla Research points you

can get. Like using Materials bay.. etc. The research is MCE specific points. Have fun.

Edited by malkuth

sounds really great. I'm a litle bit sceptic about the weight/resource, because in RL that depends on the capacity of the lifter, where I can change in game. but maybe it will be a nice challenge. I'll test it :)

Important question about the repair missions: how does the plugin detect which sat can be repaired? is it restricted to sats launched for contract or any sat with a repair box?

sounds really great. I'm a litle bit sceptic about the weight/resource, because in RL that depends on the capacity of the lifter, where I can change in game. but maybe it will be a nice challenge. I'll test it :)

Important question about the repair missions: how does the plugin detect which sat can be repaired? is it restricted to sats launched for contract or any sat with a repair box?

Its checks which vessel has the Repair Panel on them, and randomly chooses one of them. The repair panel is a required part on all Satellite contracts.

Hi all, any plans for a RSS release? It would be awesome to have the missions on it, ty and great mod! :)

I keep forgetting to put a special .dll in for RSS. I will will see about doing if for next release.

Quick note: you left rescue contracts disabled in config for version 3D.

I fixed it in the DropBox version, the others will have to change it in game since I would have to send up a whole new download for that.

Edited by malkuth

Hi! I don't know if you are aware of this issue, but there's a problem with the way the difficulty price multiplier affects parts where the resources make up a significant fraction of the original price of the part. For example, the price of an extraplanetary launchpad's Large Metal Container should be around 10k empty, but is now 400k empty (the cost of the metal inside is around 200k).

This is only really a problem when launching non-full containers, or if you're trying to earn money by selling mined resources.

Nothing I can do about it the part prices in game include resource cost and no way to seperate the two at the moment.

All the multiplier does is multiply by original cost of part at loading. That price includes the resources. That's one reason I don't have a seperate multiplier for resources.

If you want resources cheaper change the price of the resource in the mods resource definitions config. That will translate to cheaper part in game.

Think I understand what your trying to say. The resources are being multiplied also but however you are selling them is actually using the resource price in Cfg file.

Again in that case above applies no way to seperate the two when loaded..

Edited by malkuth

I've found:

• Updating to 3D deleted all my active contracts from station science
  • The "ready to launch" parameter is easily exploitable by launch and revert a probe core on the launch pad
  • If you land on a mun, there is a message that no more disapears (which is very bad for screenshots, because can't hide with F2)
    AgsQLY6.png

1. If you never updated to 3c then the erasing of archives is no different in what I reported would happen in 3c. The very first thing mentioned.

2. If people want to exploit people will find ways around it. The only other option is to vessel I'd limit the contracts. With amount of trouble vessel I'ds gave me in original mce I'm not willing to go down that road again.

I will check out message, should not stay for more then a min or so.

Edited by malkuth

1. If you never updated to 3c then the erasing of archives is no different in what I reported would happen in 3c. The very first thing mentioned.

Alright, but was just wondering, because only active station science contracts was deleted. Active fine print and dmagic contracts was still there.

2. If people want to exploit people will find ways around it. The only other option is to vessel I'd limit the contracts. With amount of trouble vessel I'ds gave me in original mce I'm not willing to go down that road again.

Yeah, I understand. And it's really not my intention for my own gameplay to exploit. It's just the fact while doin other contracts and switching vessels some contracts are completed where not should be.

Guess the entire contracts system should have a third category: "offered", "accepted" and "active". So only active contracts where counted and shown in flight. Is it possible to do this as mod or is it something that only squad can change?

I will check out message, should not stay for more then a min or so.

It definetly does not disappear, even if you load the vessel again.

At least I've a suggestion for the suply contracts: Resource "Kibbal" for station science.

Kibbal I'll add to next update.

From my understanding the way the contract system works is the way the developers want it. Any vessel can do any part of a contract. It works well for the larger explore missions but not very well for more precise individual missions.

Like I said I could simply add a new value to contract were record vessel I'd and now that vessel is locked to contract. But I have a bad feeling about doing it.

It would only work for mce missions though.

Edited by malkuth

Kibbal I'll add to next update.

Nice, thanks :)

From my understanding the way the contract system works is the way the developers want it. Any vessel can do any part of a contract. It works well for the larger explore missions but not very well for more precise individual missions.

Like I said I could simply add a new value to contract were record vessel I'd and now that vessel is locked to contract. But I have a bad feeling about doing it.

It would only work for mce missions though.

Guess too this would be not the best solution. That's why I think the best solution (for all contracts, not just MCE) would be to have a difference between accepted contracts and active contracts.

Maybe a dirty hack would be to add a part where you can simply assign (in VAB and in flight) contracts to, using a UI.

I found a bug with MCE2(3D) and StationScience:

Created a new game with standard roster, built a random part and tried to attach a StationScience lab/ Zoology Bay. MCE hires a Kerbal and then this happens:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.hireKerbals (.ProtoCrewMember pc, KerbalType pc1, KerbalType pc2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
at EventData`3[ProtoCrewMember,ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType,ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType].Fire (.ProtoCrewMember data0, KerbalType data1, KerbalType data2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoCrewMember.set_type (KerbalType value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalRoster.HireApplicant (.ProtoCrewMember ap, Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalRoster.DefaultCrewForVessel (.ConfigNode vesselNode, Boolean autoHire) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.ResetCrewAssignment (.ConfigNode craftNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.UpdatePartMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After that I can't attach the Lab/Zoology bay (only removal possible).

NullReferenceException  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:Find (string)
at UnityEngine.Transform.FindChild (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.FindModelComponents[Renderer] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlight (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlightRecursive (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlightRecursive (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.OnMouseEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UnityEngine.HitInfo:SendMessage(String)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:SendEvents(Int32, HitInfo)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32, Int32)
(Filename: Line: -1)

If the root part was from StationScience too, removal of the root part is not possible. Sometimes the game crashes after that :(

Edit: I posted it in the StationScience forum thread too!

Edited by Stage

I found a bug with MCE2(3D) and StationScience:

Created a new game with standard roster, built a random part and tried to attach a StationScience lab/ Zoology Bay. MCE hires a Kerbal and then this happens:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.hireKerbals (.ProtoCrewMember pc, KerbalType pc1, KerbalType pc2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
at EventData`3[ProtoCrewMember,ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType,ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType].Fire (.ProtoCrewMember data0, KerbalType data1, KerbalType data2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoCrewMember.set_type (KerbalType value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalRoster.HireApplicant (.ProtoCrewMember ap, Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalRoster.DefaultCrewForVessel (.ConfigNode vesselNode, Boolean autoHire) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.ResetCrewAssignment (.ConfigNode craftNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.UpdatePartMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After that I can't attach the Lab/Zoology bay (only removal possible).

NullReferenceException  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:Find (string)
at UnityEngine.Transform.FindChild (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.FindModelComponents[Renderer] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlight (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.OnMouseEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UnityEngine.HitInfo:SendMessage(String)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:SendEvents(Int32, HitInfo)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32, Int32)
(Filename: Line: -1)

If the root part was from StationScience too, removal of the root part is not possible. Sometimes the game crashes after that :(

Not sure how these two are connected. All the Hire kerbal in MCE does is Use the Vanilla KSP Event to watch for when a kerbal is hired. After this it charges your Funds. Hardly uses any of my own code at all in this part. If adding a station part from this mod

hires a kerbal then its most likely a bug on his end not mine. But I run some test on my end make sure something funny not happening.

I tested and answered this more inside the actual station science thread for we are all on same page.

Edited by malkuth

I keep forgetting to put a special .dll in for RSS. I will will see about doing if for next release.

Cool!

Here is the cost cfg I drew up for use with Realism Overhaul. It appears to have been removed at some point, I'll talk to RedAV8R about it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NathanKell/RealismOverhaul/38d9ee43e832017b3ea34f44425706b4eac778aa/RealismOverhaul/MissionController.cfg

Cool!

Here is the cost cfg I drew up for use with Realism Overhaul. It appears to have been removed at some point, I'll talk to RedAV8R about it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NathanKell/RealismOverhaul/38d9ee43e832017b3ea34f44425706b4eac778aa/RealismOverhaul/MissionController.cfg

Thanks nathan. But thats the old config file, have not converted old MCE to 24.2 yet.

And I know RSS works in career correct? But understand that Realism Overhaul does not. The plan is to eventually get the old MCE working only in Sandbox soon.

The new MCE is only for career mode since its mostly just contracts added. Could just make Old MCE RSS RO mod I guess. That way people could have an economy in RO.

Edited by malkuth

Career mode is delayed by the fact that treeloader is broken on 24, and I haven't been able to reach r4m0n yet.

Apologies, I didn't realize you'd switched formats. Though that *does* include real costs for everything, at least. And certainly the cost of *everything* will have to be changed for RSS/RO.

Career mode is delayed by the fact that treeloader is broken on 24, and I haven't been able to reach r4m0n yet.

Apologies, I didn't realize you'd switched formats. Though that *does* include real costs for everything, at least. And certainly the cost of *everything* will have to be changed for RSS/RO.

My biggest issue is the fact the the part price includes the resource prices now. which is annoying.

This mod is great! Surprisingly, this is working for me on 64-bit though I haven't found any problems yet other than random crashes but that's just a 64-bit problem. +rep

EDIT: FYI this is with 3C, haven't tried 3D yet.

Edited by tygoo7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.