(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Version 1.03 Released for KSP .25

Update 1.03 For Kerbal Space Program .25 Only!

Version History.

1. Updated to Version .25 KSP

2. Removed the difficulty levels now that KSP .25 has its own difficulty levels.

3. Made revert Funds beinig charged for MCE Button Off by default. If you still want to use it just turn it back on in settings.

4. Removed electric charge max charge from contracts.

5. Made it for both Rover Science and Orbital Research can only be done by one vessel per contract. After 1 contract use the parts are disabled.

6. Did a Funds pass to update all contracts to new version .25 standards.

Version 1.04 Fixes.

1. Fixed the issue when hire kerbal you get + amount of funds instead of subtracting the funds.

2. Fixed the issue when Death of Kerbal gets you + amount of funds instead of subtracting the funds.

Hi, I'm a new user and really like the idea of MCE contracts. However, I've been having trouble setting up my comsat contracts for my remote tech network. I want to set up a low orbit network so that I can fly drones, and it has to be around 1.5 hours orbital period (around 770km low orbit). All the options are really clear, however, the contracts are not showing up. I have both flightControl and advConstruction tech, so that isn't the problem. And I've also tried using the debug toolbar to clear and regenerate contracts. When I look at the cfg file, I see that it did change the name of the contract, but it didn't change contractOrbitalPeriodMaxInSeconds or contractOrbitalPeriodMinInSeconds which are both still at values close to synchronous orbit. If I change those to a different value this doesn't change the orbital time in the custom contract settings.

Furthermore, when I turn the option "No MCE Satellite Contracts" to true, it floods my offered missions list with satellite contracts (normally it's just the one). Any tips on how to debug this? I'm on KSP 0.25 (x86) on Win64.

EDIT: I just noticed that it does have maxOrbP and minOrbP which are set correctly and that do reflect changes in-game, so ignore my greyed out comment.

Edited by SpaceCars

Hi, I'm a new user and really like the idea of MCE contracts. However, I've been having trouble setting up my comsat contracts for my remote tech network. I want to set up a low orbit network so that I can fly drones, and it has to be around 1.5 hours orbital period (around 770km low orbit). All the options are really clear, however, the contracts are not showing up. I have both flightControl and advConstruction tech, so that isn't the problem. And I've also tried using the debug toolbar to clear and regenerate contracts. When I look at the cfg file, I see that it did change the name of the contract, but it didn't change contractOrbitalPeriodMaxInSeconds or contractOrbitalPeriodMinInSeconds which are both still at values close to synchronous orbit. If I change those to a different value this doesn't change the orbital time in the custom contract settings.

Furthermore, when I turn the option "No MCE Satellite Contracts" to true, it floods my offered missions list with satellite contracts (normally it's just the one). Any tips on how to debug this? I'm on KSP 0.25 (x86) on Win64.

EDIT: I just noticed that it does have maxOrbP and minOrbP which are set correctly and that do reflect changes in-game, so ignore my greyed out comment.

Ill check it out and see whats up.

Edit: Hmmm just checked and I got it to work. The way I got it to show up is to cancel out a contract I did not want, and that resets the list and usually ComSat will show right up. If not you might need to clear a few contracts for it to show up.

Also keep in mind if you use other mods that have contracts they are all competing for that contract space, your only allowed so many to show up so might take a little longer if you have a lot of contract type mods installed.

Make sure Turn on contracts under ComSat is set to True also.

Just noticed what you said about what you have researched. ComSats contracts need advFlightControl. (I fixed the front page typo on this info)

Edited by malkuth

Ill check it out and see whats up.

Just noticed what you said about what you have researched. ComSats contracts need advFlightControl. (I fixed the front page typo on this info)

Ah thanks! That explains a lot! :)

Just a suggestion, for the remote tech players this might be a bit late for setting up their comsat network. E.g. for doing the MCE orbital science contracts they'll need to have a connection route. You might consider changing this, although I can understand that it might mess up the pacing with both types of satellite contracts starting to show up at the same time.

EDIT: Not strictly true that you can't do the orbital science without a network route. I've just learned to use the flight computer! :D

Edited by SpaceCars

I'm encountering a weird bug with some of the parts supplied by this mod. The orbital research scanner and ground/rover research scanner are appearing as textureless white meshes in-game (instead of being grey metallic) No other parts from the stock game or any mods are doing this, just MCE...

I've had a check through the forum and can't find any reason for this. Any ideas?

Edit: I've just checked back and its normal textured again... Weird. I guess it must be a memory issue or something. I'll consider uninstalling some mods (maybe) :wink:

Edited by Snillum101
Fixed?

My comsat contracts dont get completed anymore for some reason. It wont recognize the orbital period. I have it set up for an orbital period between 1 hour 10 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes. My comsat at 700km(with about 1 hour 20 minutes orbital period) wont trigger the contract as completed. Anyone else have problems with this?

New version 1.05 Is out.

Version 1.05

1. Satellite contracts no longer have a Min Mass Objective. Only a Max Mass at Orbit for Satellite is the objective now.

2. Fixed the issue of Orbital Research and Lander research not able to be played more then two times in a play session.

3. Added 5 new Historic Contracts. These contracts are consecutive and available right at start of campaign game. They show up as follows in this order.

a. Vostok 1

b. Vostok 2

c. Vosskhod 2

d. Luna 2

e. Luna 16

Version 1.04 Fixes.

My comsat contracts dont get completed anymore for some reason. It wont recognize the orbital period. I have it set up for an orbital period between 1 hour 10 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes. My comsat at 700km(with about 1 hour 20 minutes orbital period) wont trigger the contract as completed. Anyone else have problems with this?

Maker sure you don't have them reversed. Or won't work correct.

So the luna 2 contract I did everything on it transmit and all that then it said crash the vessel into the mun and I did that but it didnt complete the contract I spent all my funds on that mission ;.; So how do I complete it??

nevermind got it complete by launching a new rocket and crashing it

Edited by ghost22

Couple bugs with latest MCE release:

1. Vostok 2. The vessel and contract simply disappeared after the required duration. The vessel was not the active vessel. I was off doing other things. However, I had set a Kerbal Alarm Clock for the duration. When I received the KAC notification, I looked for the vessel in the Tracking Station. Not there. I went to Contracts Bldg; contract was not in Active nor Archive. I received no notification that the contract was completed. Vessel and Contract just vanished.

2. Voskhod 2. Although I had not launched, nor even constructed, a two-man vehicle, I received notification that I had completed the contract. Notification mentioned that I received the payout (funds, science, rep). I checked the Active Contracts, and it was still listed. Eventually I constructed and launched my Voskhod 2 vessel, and I completed the contract. it is now listed in the Mission Archive.

3. Luna 2. Had same problem ghost22. The command pod vehicle was under my control; it was the active vessel. I did not get completed contract when crashing the vessel.

4. (is this yours?) Launch Company Satellite Into Orbit. I had not built nor launched a satellite vessel. I had accepted the contract. I received notification and payout for putting it into orbit. yet, it is still listed in my Active contracts.

Sidebar: Given the new stuff with KSP 0.25, the scanners deserve an update as well. I currently creating animated scanners (orbital, lander). Their operation will be via a partial MissionControllerEC class, so you can incorporate if you so choose. For instance, there will be class properties which indicate if the scanner is deployed or not. The rest of your class can check deployment status to determine if scan can be executed.

@ghost22: if you complete a contract, but you still don't get credit, then use ALT-F12. I do, without guilt.

Edited by Apollo13

Couple bugs with latest MCE release:

1. Vostok 2. The vessel and contract simply disappeared after the required duration. The vessel was not the active vessel. I was off doing other things. However, I had set a Kerbal Alarm Clock for the duration. When I received the KAC notification, I looked for the vessel in the Tracking Station. Not there. I went to Contracts Bldg; contract was not in Active nor Archive. I received no notification that the contract was completed. Vessel and Contract just vanished.

2. Voskhod 2. Although I had not launched, nor even constructed, a two-man vehicle, I received notification that I had completed the contract. Notification mentioned that I received the payout (funds, science, rep). I checked the Active Contracts, and it was still listed. Eventually I constructed and launched my Voskhod 2 vessel, and I completed the contract. it is now listed in the Mission Archive.

3. Luna 2. Had same problem ghost22. The command pod vehicle was under my control; it was the active vessel. I did not get completed contract when crashing the vessel.

4. (is this yours?) Launch Company Satellite Into Orbit. I had not built nor launched a satellite vessel. I had accepted the contract. I received notification and payout for putting it into orbit. yet, it is still listed in my Active contracts.

Sidebar: Given the new stuff with KSP 0.25, the scanners deserve an update as well. I currently creating animated scanners (orbital, lander). Their operation will be via a partial MissionControllerEC class, so you can incorporate if you so choose. For instance, there will be class properties which indicate if the scanner is deployed or not. The rest of your class can check deployment status to determine if scan can be executed.

@ghost22: if you complete a contract, but you still don't get credit, then use ALT-F12. I do, without guilt.

Pretty sure number 1 has nothing to do with Mission Controller.

2. I have never noticed this in all my testing, are you sure you didn't confuse any old message? The reason I ask is because the message system is completely 100% Kerbal Space Program, and is not of my own creation.

3. Yes, I will indeed investigate this issue more. Not sure why this did not pop up in testing though.

4. Sounds like the same issue as 2? That should not ever happen, the very first goal is a Launch goal, and their is no way that's possible without actually launching your vessel. Again possible it was an older message?

One last thing to everyone that might have issues, like most other mods I do not support 64 bit Kerbal Space Program with mission controller. 64 bit is completely unstable and will cause strange issues with mods and the game itself. Just a warning. And its been posted on front page since 24.2. But I will update how to post bugs on front page and what I need to help me squash them.

Orbital Scanner concept art:

rEeo5bl.jpgPeo6hZW.jpg

The box is attached as a surface mount to the vessel. When placed, the doors are closed until deployment. When scanning, the scanner will rotated up and down constantly. There will be a proper pivot where the lever attaches to the box. I envision this will cost more than the basic scanner for both entry and per piece; perhaps require higher tech level as well. That's malkuth's call..

Edited by Apollo13

First of. Your mod is an essential part of my game and love this mod! Good work!

Will it be possible to make the Vostok missions only complete objectives, when then actual Vostok vessel is launched/active, instead of when switching to a random satellite, which is above the Vostok mission objective and then completing said objective? that goes for all the objectives, but you get the idea :)

Maybe lock the objectives to vessel name or something

First of. Your mod is an essential part of my game and love this mod! Good work!

Will it be possible to make the Vostok missions only complete objectives, when then actual Vostok vessel is launched/active, instead of when switching to a random satellite, which is above the Vostok mission objective and then completing said objective? that goes for all the objectives, but you get the idea :)

Maybe lock the objectives to vessel name or something

I plan on writing a flagging system that will flag a contract to a vessel ID when launched. The problem of course is that people are so use to doing multiple contracts at once with different vessels sometimes (think you have a vessel on way to duna with duna contract) can cause problems. So I have to think of a way around all this.

For instance you grab 3 contracts. One is go to duna.. Other is test a part. Last is satellite contract. The last 2 your going to use the same vessel, but your waiting on a launch window for duna, so the contract is sitting and waiting. You don't want your satellite vessel to be flagged to the duna contract. So I have to find a way around this. Of course this will only work for MC contracts and won't effect others.

A lot of times I have same ideas as you suggested. But I play a certain way, I only grab contracts I'm using right away and for 1 vessel. But other players don't do this they grab all the contracts they can and just pound them out. Which is why I think people are having issues with the Crash Contract. I played it very simple and it always works. But I have to figure out what they are doing to break it. LOL.

To show you what I mean when I wrote the Agena Contracts I experimented with this exact way of doing contracts, and it caused all kinds of problems like I mentioned. People selecting 10 contracts and doing them in order or whatever. Not realizing that AGENA would record the next vessel as its vessel. Its tough to work around the different ways people play KSP.

Edited by malkuth

Orbital Scanner concept art:

http://i.imgur.com/rEeo5bl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Peo6hZW.jpg

The box is attached as a surface mount to the vessel. When placed, the doors are closed until deployment. When scanning, the scanner will rotated up and down constantly. There will be a proper pivot where the lever attaches to the box. I envision this will cost more than the basic scanner for both entry and per piece; perhaps require higher tech level as well. That's malkuth's call..

Looks interesting Apollo. Something I have been thinking about and has been suggested earlier with Satellite contracts, is that I would love to have contracts Part dependent with certain Satellite parts. So instead of using say Mass like they do now. Have a few different satellite parts in the pack that the system can randomly select. Each part can even have multiple Selectable jobs that the player can match with the contract.

For instance I have 3 total satellite parts for MCE. Each 3 part looks interesting and has 3 separate functions. (1 part can be say cable tv, internet, or phone etc)

you get a contract that wants the part, and the parts function is to be an internet satellite. Launch to this height at this inclination or whatever.

Think it would bring an interesting plan to the satellite type contracts. But I need parts for it, and me making parts is not a good idea. :)

But I will see what I can do with the parts you have, maybe make a tier 2 scanning contract and lander contract thats more complicated and pays more or something.

Looks interesting Apollo. Something I have been thinking about and has been suggested earlier with Satellite contracts, is that I would love to have contracts Part dependent with certain Satellite parts. So instead of using say Mass like they do now. Have a few different satellite parts in the pack that the system can randomly select. Each part can even have multiple Selectable jobs that the player can match with the contract.

For instance I have 3 total satellite parts for MCE. Each 3 part looks interesting and has 3 separate functions. (1 part can be say cable tv, internet, or phone etc)

This would be the first of the satellites. A specific part would be added to define its function, i.e., internet, radio, TV, etc.

How about going old school (launched 1974)?: AMSAT Oscar-7:

OSCAR7art.jpgOSCAR-7_image3.jpg

Concerning size of the Orbital Scanner , in this image, the green cylinder represents a 2.5m rocket.

mCXBmaH.jpg

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.