(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hello I want to second the question of reducing contract rewards instead of increasing part prices (as suggested 2 pages ago) to increase the game difficulty. Is this not possible for non MC contracts?

Apart from messing with fuel prices my problem with the cost scaling is that it's much harder to get a feeling about cost effective launchers (when playing with and without this mod or trying different difficulties). Changing the reward would mean I always have the same launcher prices and only need to compare them to a single varying number.

Yeah. I'm not seeing how I can build a 0.5 to 1.5kg satellite.

Remember it's only the satellite that needs to weigh that much. Don't include the lifter.

As long as the final vessel is the weight you win.

Excellent. the previous contracts requiring 3.5 tons was difficult. I solves that by copying the Hecs Probe and setting it's weight to 3.5 tons.

To be clear on this the value given to you as mass is always the same no matter what I call it. I choose kg because that's what engineer uses. Maybe mechjeb?

But as far as I know as a weight measurement mass in ksp is not connected with any known measurement that I know of.

Remember it's only the satellite that needs to weigh that much. Don't include the lifter.

As long as the final vessel is the weight you win.

Ok, I think we're having a problem with units of measurement.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Parts

Lists the parts as metric (t)ons (along with the map view ship info which uses metric tons), Kerbal Engineer Redux lists them as kg, so a Stayputnik probe core weighs 0.05t or 50kg under KE.

The lightest part in the game, not figuring for physicsless massless parts, would be the Cubic Strut and Octagonal Strut at 0.001t or 1kg. Even a simple thermometer or the 1x1 photovoltaic panel is 0.005 or 5kg.

Ok putting aside what it says the numbers listed are from the actual part and no conversion are ever applied.

I will look again but pretty sure engineer doesn't convert them either. But if it's the case I'll change it back to tons.

I am pretty sure the parts are listed in the VAB are in metric tonnes. I've screwed up two mission because I didn't get the weight right after I separated the lifter from the satellite. My personal preference would be to have it listed as a range in tonnes (e.g. 0.5t to 1.5t).

I am pretty sure the parts are listed in the VAB are in metric tonnes. I've screwed up two mission because I didn't get the weight right after I separated the lifter from the satellite. My personal preference would be to have it listed as a range in tonnes (e.g. 0.5t to 1.5t).

I'll fix it next release.

To keep it simple I would suggest too to display in tons.

Anyways it's not possible to build a sat with this low mass. The smallest probe core has a weight of 0.04t (40kg) and it would be also not possible to get the required electric charge with this low weight

Edit: oh, now I see. KSP uses metric tons for mass. So then it is possible. Was just confused by the "kg" in contract description.

I would also suggest to have only max mass limitation for sats. It makes more sense for realism reasons. In RL you will not have more mass than necessary.

Edit 2: There is also a gap in mass calculation between MCE and MJ:

- MJ 5.703

- MCE 5.9

Btw actually I've a contract with min mass required 5.7. To get this very high weight I've to put a large water tank into my sat :D

Edited by acc

To keep it simple I would suggest too to display in tons.

Anyways it's not possible to build a sat with this low mass. The smallest probe core has a weight of 0.04t (40kg) and it would be also not possible to get the required electric charge with this low weight

Edit: oh, now I see. KSP uses metric tons for mass. So then it is possible. Was just confused by the "kg" in contract description.

I would also suggest to have only max mass limitation for sats. It makes more sense for realism reasons. In RL you will not have more mass than necessary.

Edit 2: There is also a gap in mass calculation between MCE and MJ:

- MJ 5.703

- MCE 5.9

Btw actually I've a contract with min mass required 5.7. To get this very high weight I've to put a large water tank into my sat :D

Changing mass to Tons in next version. The readout will be same its only I used Kg instead of mass as description. The readout you get in game is the exact value directly from the Loaded part. If mechjeb is off, don't know why.

The max and min values are just the way I wrote the parameter to be between two values. In this case they don't want it less than NUMBER or Greater than NUMBER. Figured it would give more wiggle room for people.

Higher mass stuff can be tricky yes, I might bring them down again.

What do you think about a special tweakable "customer payload"-part (similar to the mass simulator addon)? My understanding is that the high mass req. in the satellite contracts is mend to make them more complicated, but as of now the most efficient method seem to make a big oversized upperstage and more or less just fire the requested amount of mass as spacejunk into the requested orbit.

Could see it as a "send up a small space station" mission. Science lab (3.5t) + Hitchhiker can (2.5t)+ docking port(0.05t).

Mission Controller 2 is out of Beta Stage and Into Version 1.0.

Woohoo. Long Month or so of coding but pretty happy to take this into a non beta stage and release as 1.0. Thanks everyone.

Little note for you guys. With the RSS config added, some of the values in Contracts read off the config file now. Either make sure you use the Config file supplied or if you keep the old config file, you will have to load KSP and your save game, then exit out and come back in for the config file info to load into the contracts. If you don't follow these rules your contracts will freeze up. This WILL NOT delete you saved Contracts Archives.

I suggest completely deleting your Old Mission Controller Folder to keep it simple!

1. Added ability to Get rid of Vanilla Part Test contract. Check the Settings. (like Rescue Kerbal)

2. Fixed Editor Parts breakdown to Tons.

3. Fixed Editor parts Breakdown fuel cost, neglected to include the multiplier for Fuel on harder difficulties.

4. Fixed Editor parts Breakdown Mass should now only display up to 2 decimal places.

5. Fixed landing message with Lander Research part not going away on landing.

6. Added ability to turn off all MCE contract types individually. Check settings Screen.

7. Reduced the Max tons for Satellite type contracts.

8. Reduced the Max and Min Electric Charge To keep in line with the Max Tons for Satellite contracts.

9. Added RSS config file to the Download. just replace the Orginal config file with New Version if playing with RSS.

10. Added most Satellite contract values to config file for easy RSS adjustments. Or other adjustments. This is manual adjustments from within the config file itself.

11. Fixed the Sun showing up as Landing Research Contract. No really this time I did!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.