[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Thank you for providing the link, though I must be dense. Are the source files in your version?

When I created my project, I added references to Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0, and UnityEngine. I can compile just fine but I get the following errors:

[ERR 13:28:48.140] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'WarpPlugin': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FNPlugin.FNNozzleController' from assembly 'WarpPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FNPlugin.FNModulePreecooler' from assembly 'WarpPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FNPlugin.PluginHelper' from assembly 'WarpPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FNPlugin.FNNozzleControllerFX' from assembly 'WarpPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FNPlugin.ModuleSabreHeating' from assembly 'WarpPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The .cs files for each of those modules are all included. You may need set your dependencies and outputs. Thought that should be included in the project files along with the alias for ORS. Each solution may need it's references updated. You don't need c sharp first pass. I don't even know what that is.

Oh, and when I say my version, I mean on github. Not the compiled dropbox release.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

That did the trick, thank you. :) Don't know what is wrong with my project files but yours work fine. I was able to build the aerospike with your source. Thanks again. :) I can send the patch to you if you'd like, though I'm using the stock aerospike nozzle for now.

After getting my huge power station into orbit I tried to fire up a 3x Thermal rocket lifter with an Orange Tank payload. For some reason the flow of power to each of the 3 thermal rockets are uneven, and because of that fuel use is uneven, and its hard to keep stable during ascend. I'm use your experimental version WaveFunction (Everything for the reactor fix and tooltip updates).

After getting my huge power station into orbit I tried to fire up a 3x Thermal rocket lifter with an Orange Tank payload. For some reason the flow of power to each of the 3 thermal rockets are uneven, and because of that fuel use is uneven, and its hard to keep stable during ascend. I'm use your experimental version WaveFunction (Everything for the reactor fix and tooltip updates).

Receivers will always differ slightly in available power. Best way to compensate for this is either just use one since there is no cap on how much power they can receive as well how much power a thruster can use, or to balance the fuel consumption with a mod or fuel pipes.

I checked the FAQ on the wiki but would like to ask a couple questions:

- If I un-install the mod (not because I dislike it, it's for memory issues), will I retain the science points earned by the magnetometer?

- What will happen to the tech tree if I un-install it?

Thanks in advance! :)

I checked the FAQ on the wiki but would like to ask a couple questions:

- If I un-install the mod (not because I dislike it, it's for memory issues), will I retain the science points earned by the magnetometer?

- What will happen to the tech tree if I un-install it?

Thanks in advance! :)

As to the first question, yes, because science is a stored resource in career mode. It isn't tied to any parts, other than parts create it.

As to the second, probably bad things. And if you've built any ships with KSPI parts, it's an even worse idea.

Receivers will always differ slightly in available power. Best way to compensate for this is either just use one since there is no cap on how much power they can receive as well how much power a thruster can use, or to balance the fuel consumption with a mod or fuel pipes.

Makes sense. On another note, I noticed that the HUGE Xenon tank is, on balance comparison, WAY worse then the stock Xenon tank. It weighs a lot more then the it should, and has waaay less units in it compared to its size. Is this on purpose? Also some reason I can't use the large Xenon tank. Even though I have it researched, in the VAB it says it requires research I don't have. Any idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: Also, is it by design that the centrifuge and ISRU requires to be the active vessel for the processes to function? I'm currently playing a game where only UF4 is available (I know this isn't how the mod is meant to be played, but hey, I wanted to try it), and I'm noticing that resource gather is extremely punishing because of this.

Edited by Sokar408

(Stupid forum rules ruining a perfectly good short reply again.)

Rules like that tend to serve a greater purpose. It's unfortunate that on some forums the mod team seems unwilling to bend them where it would make sense to.

Makes sense. On another note, I noticed that the HUGE Xenon tank is, on balance comparison, WAY worse then the stock Xenon tank. It weighs a lot more then the it should, and has waaay less units in it compared to its size. Is this on purpose? Also some reason I can't use the large Xenon tank. Even though I have it researched, in the VAB it says it requires research I don't have. Any idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: Also, is it by design that the centrifuge and ISRU requires to be the active vessel for the processes to function? I'm currently playing a game where only UF4 is available (I know this isn't how the mod is meant to be played, but hey, I wanted to try it), and I'm noticing that resource gather is extremely punishing because of this.

I think it was just a hold over from Fractal's Repo. It has since been removed I think.

I have no idea how resource extraction is supposed to work. That functionality is mostly handled by OSR and it looks like greek to me.

Rules like that tend to serve a greater purpose. It's unfortunate that on some forums the mod team seems unwilling to bend them where it would make sense to.

Einarr, I'm currently testing my revamped grand tour vessel. With the tech available after finishing kerin, mun, and minimus.

I think it was just a hold over from Fractal's Repo. It has since been removed I think.

I have no idea how resource extraction is supposed to work. That functionality is mostly handled by OSR and it looks like greek to me.

The xenon is a mess anyway, 1 unit of argon equals 50 units of xenon...

I'm creating some conversion modules for my own use, and if you guys don't mind please check my math? I want to make sure i get my units right so that i don't end up making something cheatsy.

The science lab converts 5GJ into 24mg/day of antimatter. I assume that's 5GJ/second? So the total MJ cost for that 24mg of antimatter is 24X60X60X5000 or 432 million MJ or 432 TJ?

I'm creating some conversion modules for my own use, and if you guys don't mind please check my math? I want to make sure i get my units right so that i don't end up making something cheatsy.

The science lab converts 5GJ into 24mg/day of antimatter. I assume that's 5GJ/second? So the total MJ cost for that 24mg of antimatter is 24X60X60X5000 or 432 million MJ or 432 TJ?

Your maths is correct, yes. It's 0.1% efficient at converting electrical power into mass and half of that mass is antimatter, so the total result is 0.05% efficiency at antimatter production.

Great, thanks man. I appreciate the fast response. I made an inline unmanned MJ to AM forge. I'm having it cost 4.32PJ for the same amount. Something along the lines of "since kerbals arent supervising, the efficiency is only 10% of the research lab". My math sucks though so i wanted to make sure i didn't slip a digit somewhere.

For anyone whos interested, here are the two things I've created so far. Both are dependent on both KSPI and TAC. In my game i just reused the battery pack for the Bridge, and the Advanced SAS ring for the LEAR. I might make the LEAR .01% the research lab given how absolutely tiny the collider ring in this would have to be.

Antimatter Forge:

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = LEAR
module = Part
author = Skullpanda

mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- asset parameters ---
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_top = 0, 0.1990267, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.1990267, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = electronics
entryCost = 6000
cost = 1000
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Low Energy Antiproton Ring
manufacturer = Skullpanda Industrial Coop
description = Utilizing lasers, millimetre thin gold foil, and fairy dust, this process creates minuscule amounts of AntiHydrogen. Without the supervision of Kerbals the process is only .1% as efficient as the science lab. The end result is an efficiency of only .05%

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 12
breakingForce = 500
breakingTorque = 500
maxTemp = 3200

RESOURCE
{
name = Megajoules
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1
}

// --- resource parameters ---
MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = Antimatter Forge (MJ to AM)

// Number of units to convert per day (24 hours)
conversionRate = 1

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.
// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which
// is multiplied by the conversionRate)
inputResources = Megajoules, 4320000000

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above
// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the
// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).
outputResources = Antimatter, 24, false
}

}

And another module that converts between MJ and EC. it only has 90% efficiency though.

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = Bridge_Diode
module = Part
author = Skullpanda

mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- asset parameters ---
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = electronics
entryCost = 6000
cost = 1000
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Bridge Diode
manufacturer = Skullpanda Industrial Coop
description = Definitely not the mangled remains of a battery found in a ditch! Very Possibly not attached with superglue and hope! Probably not 99% likely to cause total protonic reversal! Slowly converts between EC and MJ. Due to the very experimental (and definitly not broken!) method of conversion, this process is only 90% efficient.

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 5
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 12
breakingForce = 500
breakingTorque = 500
maxTemp = 3200

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1000
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Megajoules
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1
}

MODULE
{
converterName = Inverter (EC to MJ)

conversionRate = 2400

inputResources = ElectricCharge, 1000

outputResources = Megajoules, 0.9, false
}

MODULE
{
converterName = Rectifier (MJ to EC)

conversionRate = 2400

inputResources = Megajoules, 1

outputResources = ElectricCharge, 900, false
}
}

Edited by Hughesdylan

Which folders/files would I have to delete to retain the tech tree, but have deleted all of the parts? I'm running out memory, that's the only reason why I might need to do this, thanks.

Which folders/files would I have to delete to retain the tech tree, but have deleted all of the parts? I'm running out memory, that's the only reason why I might need to do this, thanks.

if your running out of ram with KSP i strongly suggest you start with this plugin first before deleting folders:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

I probably sound like a noob for asking this, but is there any way to produce megawatts without reactors or beamed power? I have neither unlocked in my career save and I need a way to power my science lab.

Heh, thats why i made the Bridge Diode for my own game in the above post. It converts 1000EC to 1MJ, although fairly slowly. If you wanted you probably could do something similar in your game. That way you could use Solars to power your lab.

In base KSPI though it's my understanding that the answer is no.

if your running out of ram with KSP i strongly suggest you start with this plugin first before deleting folders:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

I'm already using the Aggressive version of that mod. :)

Does anyone know how to keep the tech tree progress but remove the parts?

I'm already using the Aggressive version of that mod. :)

Does anyone know how to keep the tech tree progress but remove the parts?

Wow, holy crap alright haha. It's my understanding that you dont even need KSPI to use the tech tree? Pretty sure treeloader does that all on its own. You could delete the whole folder and it shouldn't hurt anything. Or just the parts folder from within KSPI. That said, the "tree.cfg" file is directly in /warplugin/ if you wanted to move that somewhere else

Wow, holy crap alright haha. It's my understanding that you dont even need KSPI to use the tech tree? Pretty sure treeloader does that all on its own. You could delete the whole folder and it shouldn't hurt anything. Or just the parts folder from within KSPI.

So does the Interstellar tech tree come included with Tree Loader, or is that part of this mod here? If that's the case, I believe I can just delete WarpPlugin folder (after I recover all the flights, of course).

Edited by Woopert