[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

No, I meant a single engine craft. The craft I linked has two engines. But I also have a single engine-single antimatter reactor craft and it works like cheat.

http://ge.tt/4VFTRxw/v/0?c

Requires MechJeb2, This mod, and B9.

This craft should flame out on the ground if antimatter reactor requires antimatter...

by the way, I'm running these crafts in career mode.

Yeah, this definitely shouldn't work.

I think I have a working fix now so you should see that sorted out in the next version.

I believe until you research the correct tech your generators are only about 20% efficient. Since no generator will be ever be perfect. Once you have that tech unlocked however your generators are 60% efficient. I don't know about the actual MW numbers however.

Sadly I would not expect to see more then 55% due to losses that have been added.

I believe until you research the correct tech your generators are only about 20% efficient. Since no generator will be ever be perfect. Once you have that tech unlocked however your generators are 60% efficient. I don't know about the actual MW numbers however.

I'll have to test that. I wasn't aware that there was an extra research tech for generators other than the upgrade.

Edit: Yeah I was just misunderstanding. I didn't notice the new carnot efficiency figures on the part. Alright then, I'll plan for that in future.

I've been thinking, Instead of try to create a way to convert Megajoules to electric charge, why not convert everything that produces electric charge to producing megajoules, since they would produce electric charge first anyways?

Converting MJ to EC isn't the problem. Anything that makes MJ also makes EC.

I'd like a way to convert the other way, from EC to MJ to enable compatibility with some other mods.

Edited by forsaken1111

Seems like I'm having firespitter compatibility issues. Firespitter's propellers start already rotating and generate zero thrust and have NaN ISP also fuel types messed up. Sometimes it goes to black screen with spinning numbers on hud indicators and NaN at speed indicator. I have many mods intalled but this problem seems to apper and dissapear then I install/remove KSP interstellar. I thied isolating firespitter with KSP interstellar (and squad) and this problem still exists. Anyone else encountered this? I can't give up on firespitter but really wanted to try this one.

I'm getting this same thing.. it may be more firespitter than interstellar, but something there ain't right.

ksp.log from an example:

http://www./download/8s6zgocah0a4fp8/KSP.zip

Seems like I'm having firespitter compatibility issues. Firespitter's propellers start already rotating and generate zero thrust and have NaN ISP also fuel types messed up. Sometimes it goes to black screen with spinning numbers on hud indicators and NaN at speed indicator. I have many mods intalled but this problem seems to apper and dissapear then I install/remove KSP interstellar. I thied isolating firespitter with KSP interstellar (and squad) and this problem still exists. Anyone else encountered this? I can't give up on firespitter but really wanted to try this one.

I'm getting this same thing.. it may be more firespitter than interstellar, but something there ain't right.

Ah, I just encountered this as well. Thought it was a memory issue. I haven't unlocked much on my Tech Tree, but so far only the firespitter parts are causing problems.

Edited by Patupi

Any idea why this craft wouldn't be generating any antimatter at all? I understand that anitmatter flux is quite low by definition but I've got 4 collectors, and a science lab that should be generating something. In the resources on the right it shows the static 0 of a resource not changing compared to the 0.00 when your are generating something but it's very small.

wP9xNPG.png

General design shameless stolen from Skoot because it looks awesome.

Edited by boomerdog2000

Hey, question about the Hybrid Thermal Turbojets. I got the upgrade and was messing around with them, but I can't seem to get them to toggle to LFO mode. Normal IntakeAtm works fine, and it'll flip over to LF+IntakeAir if I click Toggle Propellant, but I don't have the LFO option available. My plane for testing is basically just a pod, LFO tank, reactor and engine, in that order, so there shouldn't be any flow issues. Any idea what is going wrong?

Anyone else having issues with AM collectors not collecting when you are flying a different ship?

Just to clarify I have a 40 Collector satellite at 900K Kerbin orbit, and it collects nothing while im warping with other ships, and I just recently built it.

Anyone else having issues with AM collectors not collecting when you are flying a different ship?

Just to clarify I have a 40 Collector satellite at 900K Kerbin orbit, and it collects nothing while im warping with other ships, and I just recently built it.

Only thing i can think of is that you dont have an AM tank in the ship. At least they work for me, exactly at the same orbit you have yours, with around 20-30 collectors, about 10-15 came later with docking, and only 1 tank for storing and of course the power to keep the tank from going boom.

I have the tank, and the power to keep it charged, I get AM as long as I keep the ship active but as soon as I change ships it stops gaining, I ran 10 days on another ship and came back to the same sub 100 that I started with, when I should get almost 160 per day.

Some issue between Firespitter and Interstellar... maybe. Firespitter props causing crashes with it anyway. At first I thought it was a memory issue, but perhaps not.

It's some kind of incompatibility with the propellers, I believe. I think I have it fixed ready for the next version.

Hm... and everything between the collector and the tank is fuel flow enabled?

You were right, everything checks out fuel flow-wise except for the radial attachment points on the hub I'll probably just send up new modules with their own AM storage then just transfer it to the main tank. Can you alt RMB transfer anti-matter?

EDIT: Yes you can.

Edited by boomerdog2000

..IMG Snip...

Hmm, another thing that comes to mind, without knowing, but just a hunch, is that you dont generate any MW, only electric charge .. but like i said i dont know if that should affect either the collectors or the AM tank.

PS. What on earth is an ArgonGas ? If its from another mod, could that be the culprit? (KSPIs Argon should just say argon right?)

Edited by Thourion

:( Guess im stuck watching my AM sat for career mode....

I'm not sure if you might've been killed by your large collection capacity. If you collect enough in one session of timewarping to overfill the tanks, then the amount that gets added will immediately become zero. I've had to add in code throughout the mod throughout the mod to guard against that happening, unfortunately it's a strange quirk of KSP's part.requestResource method but I've obviously thus far overlooked the antimatter collectors. For the next version I'll make sure it checks and caps out its supply at the amount of remaining capacity needing to be filled.