[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

What modules are those above the generator? Looks interesting... :D

Those are ECLSS mod, O2 regenerators, they are for show, I removed the mod dll's but kept the parts so I would not loose all my craft designs. The problem with ECLSS is that it eats up a ton of CPU even when all your craft are probes, and the more craft you have the slower the game runs.

It does go over all vessels, and it's done like that on purpose since it's more than just life support mod - it contain infrastructure for many other cool things - right now it tracks electricity in all vessels. I'm still working on optimizing it, hoping to get something release'able in coming few days.

Thats what the author says about his reason for the lag inducing mod, sadly if your game is running at 1/4 or less of the 60fps you normaly get its not worth having, and I have an OC'd i5 2500k....

So when it comes to the WasteHeat I would prefer to not have some cpu intensive monster in the background......

SNIP

Thats normal, it will go down once you run out of thermal energy.

PS Fractal_UK

Im still having issues with the rover I posted sitting at 4% output.... This only affects existing craft, so much for that career.

MW/EC conversion still seems to be high, 132ec/s took 2.63MW/s...

Edited by Donziboy2

I've tried ECLSS too... and now i use TAC life support. It has no visible impact on performance.

So yes, performance is most important thing here, and for now KSPI has no problems with performance at all.

BTW tested old bugs and... resource management in timewarp is still working very bad. Yes, may be EC/MJ rate is fixed, but at maximum warp MJ still go to zero, and with antimatter tank containing antimatter it is still very hard to use maximum warp. Antimatter production rate (single 3.75 reactor) at maximum warp (x100.000) is 0.03 and at x10.000 - 1.89.

I've tried ECLSS too... and now i use TAC life support. It has no visible impact on performance.

So yes, performance is most important thing here, and for now KSPI has no problems with performance at all.

BTW tested old bugs and... resource management in timewarp is still working very bad. Yes, may be EC/MJ rate is fixed, but at maximum warp MJ still go to zero, and with antimatter tank containing antimatter it is still very hard to use maximum warp. Antimatter production rate (single 3.75 reactor) at maximum warp (x100.000) is 0.03 and at x10.000 - 1.89.

You and anyone else who wants to try it is welcome to try this highly-alpha development build that may resolve this issue. It also incorporates the thermal equilibrium code I was talking about so the heat mechanics will be a bit different. I've only tested it a limited amount so I'm not confident about making it part of the general release but it's good enough for testing by volunteers.

Im still having issues with the rover I posted sitting at 4% output.... This only affects existing craft, so much for that career.

MW/EC conversion still seems to be high, 132ec/s took 2.63MW/s...

Can you try this dll please?

Feedback about how this performs would be really good.

0.8.1 observations, with EC, using a 90ec/s engine I drained the MJ at a rate of 2.63MW/s but once the MJ drained the EC did not deplete and the gen stayed at 100%

0.8.2, with same ship it only required 1.8kW to run the engine. Which is probably a little low.

Now for the WasteHeat 0.8.2, on my test craft and my career craft the % went back up, the % seems to be static, and is not affected by closing/opening radiators. But my test probe is now slowly heating up and my rover is quickly heating up and the radiators on the rover no longer appear to work.

The rover may be bugged since it existed before the 8.2 patch.

I have to go to work so I wont be able to do anything for the next 10 hours :/

xSsu7cA.png

3vd2pkM.png

Does the magnetic field thing on this mod work with Krag's Planet Factory?

I haven't tested it but the magnetic field code doesn't contain anything that's specific to particular planets, it's just generated based on the properties of the current planet, so I'm about 99% certain it will work.

You and anyone else who wants to try it is welcome to try this highly-alpha development build that may resolve this issue. It also incorporates the thermal equilibrium code I was talking about so the heat mechanics will be a bit different. I've only tested it a limited amount so I'm not confident about making it part of the general release but it's good enough for testing by volunteers...

Tried it with the same ship on the launchpad - it works better. No problems with EC at 10.000-100.000 warp (may be they are just "invisible", but it does not really matter :) ), but at x1.000 EC jumps from full to almost zero few times a second. And no messages from antimatter tank - this is really good.

But antimatter production problem is unchanged... which makes me think - may be there is a problem with the lab itself?

I'll test heat mechanics tomorrow, on launchpad with 3.75 fission reactor and 4*huge radiators WastedHeat just stays zero and efficiency looks like it's the same with 0.8.1.

Happened to me at 10,000x iirc. I will fire up a sandbox and test it again with the new release.

Apologies, I think I need more caffeine, I read the 1.000x as 1 rather than 1,000.

Yes, the bar jumping all over the place at high time warp is nothing to worry about, it's nicer if it doesn't but so long as everything works, that's fine.

Does this mod have compatibility with the Kethane mod so that thorium deposits show up on the kethane scan map; and if not will you do this?

KSPI's resource system and the Kethane resource system are different. KSPI's resource system is based on % abundance; you can find uranium almost anywhere, and it is infinite, but it is most efficient in regards to time spent mining if you mine at high concentration locations. Kethane is more of a binary system. Kethane is either present in a given grid or it's not. In addition, you can mine out deposits of Kethane.

They are very different systems on the back end. There was a detailed discussion on this topic maybe 20 or so pages back with input from both Majiir and Fractal. They did a much better job explaining the differences and whatnot.

Edit:

Here are some relevant posts on the Kethane integration question that's popped up several times since 8.0. Be sure to skim through a few pages after each post if you want ever more info. I believe there were a few more posts on the topic by Fractal following the two posts I linked.

Fractal's post

Majiir's post

Edited by Eadrom

Tried it with the same ship on the launchpad - it works better. No problems with EC at 10.000-100.000 warp (may be they are just "invisible", but it does not really matter :) ), but at x1.000 EC jumps from full to almost zero few times a second. And no messages from antimatter tank - this is really good.

But antimatter production problem is unchanged... which makes me think - may be there is a problem with the lab itself?

I'll test heat mechanics tomorrow, on launchpad with 3.75 fission reactor and 4*huge radiators WastedHeat just stays zero and efficiency looks like it's the same with 0.8.1.

That actually has something to do with the stock game sadly.

Also it looks like 0.23 is coming:)

Give us a picture, its hard to say from what you have said.

The antimatter collector says something like "antimatter flux: 1413482E-547" but doesn't collect any antimatter, I have to use hyper edit to get antimatter and then the waste heat thingy gets filled an the generators shut off, and then along with random increased electric charge use that can't be fed enough, either I have to press refill ship resources every ten seconds or so or the antimatter container makes the hole ship explode! And I can't even get ANY of the generators to turn on >:(

The antimatter collector says something like "antimatter flux: 1413482E-547" but doesn't collect any antimatter, I have to use hyper edit to get antimatter and then the waste heat thingy gets filled an the generators shut off, and then along with random increased electric charge use that can't be fed enough, either I have to press refill ship resources every ten seconds or so or the antimatter container makes the hole ship explode! And I can't even get ANY of the generators to turn on >:(

Where exactly is your collector? On the ground? You need to get it into orbit to collect antimatter. Around Kerbin a good orbit for antimatter is ~900-1000km.

Where exactly is your collector? On the ground? You need to get it into orbit to collect antimatter. Around Kerbin a good orbit for antimatter is ~900-1000km.

I have it at 100 km

And I have exotic matter coming in but nothing else... I think I figured out the generators...

I hope it's not "1413482E-547". That's A LOT of zeroes in front of that. xD

For a basic antimatter system, the following parts will get you started. Antimatter reactor connected to a generator. Stick an antimatter tank on top of the generator. Throw on a handful of radial radiators (the red-ish ones that fold out) to either the reactor or the generator. Attach two antimatter collectors radially to the antimatter tank.

Launch or hyperedit this setup into orbit around Kerbin. Around 850km is best. If everything is set up correctly, here is what will happen. The collectors will start gathering antimatter, but you won't see any antimatter building up in the tank. The reactor will burn all the antimatter you collect as fast as you collect it until the ship is full on MJ and thermal power. At that point, only then will you start building up antimatter in the antimatter tank. The antimatter reactor is still going to burn an itsy, bitsy, tiny amount of antimatter to provide the generator what it needs to keep the antimatter tank fully charged. At optimum altitude (~850km) for collecting antimatter at Kerbin, and even with only two antimatter collectors, you will still collect far more antimatter per day than the tin bit you burn to keep the tank charged.

Try out the above configuration. If you are still having problems, please post a well-lit picture of the ship you are having problems with and I'm sure someone will be able to help you figure out what's goin' on. :)

Edit:

I have it at 100 km

And I have exotic matter coming in but nothing else... I think I figured out the generators...

Ah, it sounds like you have a warp drive on that ship. Try either right-clicking the warp drive and stopping charging or timewarp until the exotic matter is full. Both of those options should immediately start you generating MJ and then thermal power and then antimatter. If there isn't a bug present, I believe what is happening is all the antimatter you are collecting is immediately being burned by the reactor, converted into MJ by the generator, and then the MJ are being consumed by the warp drive to produce Exotic matter (it's either 1GW or 1TW per exotic matter, can't remember off the top of my head).

Edited by Eadrom

I hope it's not "1413482E-547". That's A LOT of zeroes in front of that. xD

For a basic antimatter system, the following parts will get you started. Antimatter reactor connected to a generator. Stick an antimatter tank on top of the generator. Throw on a handful of radial radiators (the red-ish ones that fold out) to either the reactor or the generator. Attach two antimatter collectors radially to the antimatter tank.

Launch or hyperedit this setup into orbit around Kerbin. Around 850km is best. If everything is set up correctly, here is what will happen. The collectors will start gathering antimatter, but you won't see any antimatter building up in the tank. The reactor will burn all the antimatter you collect as fast as you collect it until the ship is full on MJ and thermal power. At that point, only then will you start building up antimatter in the antimatter tank. The antimatter reactor is still going to burn an itsy, bitsy, tiny amount of antimatter to provide the generator what it needs to keep the antimatter tank fully charged. At optimum altitude (~850km) for collecting antimatter at Kerbin, and even with only two antimatter collectors, you will still collect far more antimatter per day than the tin bit you burn to keep the tank charged.

Try out the above configuration. If you are still having problems, please post a well-lit picture of the ship you are having problems with and I'm sure someone will be able to help you figure out what's goin' on. :)

There arent any radial antimatter collectors though

There arent any radial antimatter collectors though

Just turn them sideways and they will attach radially. You turn parts using the Q, E, A, D, W, S keys. Holding down shift will turning will turn them in 5 degree increments. Almost all my antimatter equipped designs utilize radially attached collectors.