[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Is there a way to turn off the radiation? It's high everywhere just 3500 m off the ground it's telling me :Radiation Status High:. Does it even matter? will it kill the kerbals on long term Space Station missions?

Is there a way to turn off the radiation? It's high everywhere just 3500 m off the ground it's telling me :Radiation Status High:. Does it even matter? will it kill the kerbals on long term Space Station missions?

Radiation has no effect right now. It may or may not in the future. If it is implemented it will probably be toned down.

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

It would still not be correct, since you are assuming maximum power output.

Where?

in onUpdate, thermal_power_received and total_power are actual energy produced this update, not the max (which would be ThermalPower * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime).

in onStart, tritium_rate later gets multiplied by ongoing_consumption_rate. which is the persistent copy of total_power_ratio, set to total_power / ThermalPower / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime by onUpdate...

edit:

For the charged particle ratios... no clue. I *think* D/T is supposed to be about 0.199, so likely 0.20 is more correct than 0.21. For D-He3 it depends on a lot of factors, and I got no idea how/why Fractal picked that particular value.

What's a lot more significant is the fact that with 0.11, running a fusion reactor in D-He3 or He3-He3 mode is rather annoying due to https://github.com/ArtForz/KSPInterstellar/commit/2cef62f679532982a732c0b7771edf5687075ec4

Oh, and the whole "Fusion reactors consume only their own T supply, while breeding spreads it evenly over all containers" thing also doesn't help making Tokamaks particularly user friendly...

Nor does the fact that a Vista has no such qualms about where it gets its D/T from, it happily grabs it from every container on your vessel including reactors.

Edited by artforz

BTW do plasma jets/thermal nozzle vary trust or fuel consumption?

Plasma engines don't currently have a different Isp for atmospheric and vacuum but Thermal rockets vary thrust rather than mass flow.

If I add atmospheric isp to plasma engines, they will do the same.

I have suggestion for another type of impactor experiment.

Impact observation, smash something into mun and observe dust impact created to find about moon crust composition.

Something for early tech tree, before landing legs.

To do experiment, observation craft woudl have to orbit moon/minmus (or something else?) and be in line of sight with impact site, science income woudl be vary depending on altitude, maybe time spent on watching impact results?

Is there a patch or any way to collect the data from accelerometers and the magnetometers? Deadly reentry doesnt like them sticking out the side of my ship when coming back down to be able to retrieve the science lol

Science Alert.

Ship Manifest if you want to move that data around with a bit more precision without having to EVA all the damn time.

Both have toolbar integration.

The speed of this thread these days... it's just silly. I remember back when this wouldn't go faster than a page or so a day. Now... yeesh.

~Steve

Agreed. This mod needs it's own subforum.

Is there a patch or any way to collect the data from accelerometers and the magnetometers? Deadly reentry doesnt like them sticking out the side of my ship when coming back down to be able to retrieve the science lol

Trick I picked up from watching one of Scott Manley's videos: use a girder segment as part of your rocket stack and put the radial sensors on that. Then they'll be far in enough to be protected by the 1.25m heatshield. Example: ZsMdxJh.png

That one doesn't have magnetometers because it was the reentry module for a Mun/Minmus lander after I'd already gotten the magnetosphere scans from those, but they work just the same.

Edited by ArcFurnace

There's a config tweak to allow EVAs to recover the data. You can apply it with ModuleManager. Search this thread for "dataIsCollectable".

Trick I picked up from watching one of Scott Manley's videos: use a girder segment as part of your rocket stack and put the radial sensors on that. Then they'll be far in enough to be protected by the 1.25m heatshield. Example: http://i.imgur.com/ZsMdxJh.png

That one doesn't have magnetometers because it was the reentry module for a Mun/Minmus lander after I'd already gotten the magnetosphere scans from those, but they work just the same.

Alright, thanks.

Fractal, exactly what would be required in setting up a part to use the WarpDrive functionality? I want to add it to some parts that are indev for my new mod (Link is my Sig Pic.) and I wanted to make sure it was ok for me to do this. If you are interested, here is what I have planned and made so far:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Is it possible to make the transmitter's hitbox/collision area match the model? Right now it's a big box essentially, it's very obvious when trying to add parts behind one and instead of trying to snap to the fuselage, the transmitter is highlighted anyway.

Hi there,

i've still problems with the fusion-reactors. They still keep going to go random offline if not focused and on high timewarps _if_ the vessel is focused.

On high timewarps, the tritium-breedings yields much less outcome that the same reactor on the same high timewarp, but not focused.

Fuel is in the reactor, the wasteheat evens out at half filled.

Here is my quicksave.sfs. The Vessel "Mothership" has the problem very often. Maybe docking/undocking triggers that problem?

Okay, i can confirm now:

If i dock a vessel with a other vessel with has a fusion-reactor running, the fusion-reactor goes offline.

Okay, i can confirm now:

If i dock a vessel with a other vessel with has a fusion-reactor running, the fusion-reactor goes offline.

Do you find that this occurs when you are focused on the vessel with the fusion-reactor running and then dock with the non-fusion powered vessel?

There is some background housekeeping going on with the resource managers when vessels dock and when they seperate. When you dock, one ship's resource manager has to take precedence and when they seperate a new resource manager should be created for the new vessel. The ships should be able to accomodate small breaks in power supply but maybe the code that handles that should be improved.

Do you find that this occurs when you are focused on the vessel with the fusion-reactor running and then dock with the non-fusion powered vessel?

There is some background housekeeping going on with the resource managers when vessels dock and when they seperate. When you dock, one ship's resource manager has to take precedence and when they seperate a new resource manager should be created for the new vessel. The ships should be able to accomodate small breaks in power supply but maybe the code that handles that should be improved.

I have tested:

The passive docking-partner is (naturaly) non-focussed and has the reactor + lots of other stuff on board. The active, focussed dockinpartner has no interstellar-Parts with it. In the moment of the docking an the bunch of "interstellar"-ressources come up, i see the megajoules spool down.

WIP. Throttling transmission. Doesn't yet appear to resolve unfocused fusion reactors shutting down if they don't have a backup source. But at least it shows exactly how much power is being throttled (actually available).

This code is very confusing. I removed the bit about thermal generators consuming charged particles until I can find a more robust solution.

vvSyq42.png

How do I uninstall interstellar? It's great and all, it's just a bit too much to handle at the moment. Perhaps I'll reinstall in the future, but for now I'd like to develop my skills further before shooting off into deep space with fusion engines and warp drive.

Deorbit and recover or terminate any ship with an Interstellar part, then go to

Go to your gamedata folder and delete the warp plugin,Tree loader and Open resource folders.

Much appreciated :)

There were parts of it I loved, namely the science parts that showed atmosphere and ocean composition. I REALLY loved those, and I wonder whether there are any mods that do this. I don't know why, but I think just knowing what the land is made of, what the oceans are made of and what the atmosphere is made of is just fascinating, whether it has a practical application or not. Know of any mods that do this?

Edited by Iforgotthis

I'm using WaveFunctionP version of Interstellar, and i have a problem with swapping fuels. Clicking on "swap button" doesn't do anything. I have 4 empty UF4 canisters (Witch makes space for 3200 units-200 more than needed), and another 4 canisters of ThF4. Reactor is disabled and cooled down. Is it becouse actinides?

PcwxHaW.jpg