[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Hey All,

Post the 0.7.4 Update I've made a new set of charts. They can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/g313g#0

Cheers!

I'd like to see these charts using a consistent intensity scale (although it'd be pretty difficult to get Jool/Kerbol and the other bodies onto the same scale, so perhaps two different scales). That will make the differences between the bodies much more apparent at a glance; currently you have to compare them strictly by the numbers since the shapes are identical.

For the science lab, the factors are the number of scientists (1 or 2) and the amount of power you can get them (you need 5GW of power to run it at full capacity). 2.78e-4/s is the max you can get out of a science lab.

You don't need a scoop for the science lab to produce antimatter, they use the onboard particle accelerator. Scoops produce antimatter on their own, and the amount vary depending on where your ship is. You can have multiple scoops to speed things up. Here's my antimatter factory:

c3beCywLVZuf3iy9BKNqKEdrY.png

It weight 734 tons, has 16 kerbals in it, and it required 11 (succesful) launches to put it into orbit.

That's a brilliant design Skoot. I love it.

Hi, brand new to this modpack, since I finished off the current tech-tree I figured I would give it a try. Been experimenting with the Vista Fusion Engine. Already know how to connect generators, reactors, radiators and what-not, but I noticed it consumes tritium and deuterium. I also saw that nuclear reactors can breed tritium but I was wondering if there was a way to manufacture deuterium?

Hi, brand new to this modpack, since I finished off the current tech-tree I figured I would give it a try. Been experimenting with the Vista Fusion Engine. Already know how to connect generators, reactors, radiators and what-not, but I noticed it consumes tritium and deuterium. I also saw that nuclear reactors can breed tritium but I was wondering if there was a way to manufacture deuterium?

One of the easiest ways is to float a science lab in water and set it to making deuterium. Same on Laythe. Supposedly it can be gathered with atmosphere scoops on Jool, and also processed out of the ground on Duna and Mun, I think?

But it's all about the Science Lab module.

I'm having problems with the ThermalJet... In the VAB and pre-flight, MechJeb shows the TWR as 3.05 (I'm using two nozzles with a KIWI reactor each) but as soon as I actually turn the engines on, the TWR drops to 0.28/0.29. It doesn't seem to matter what propellant I use- intake air or atmosphere, their thrust stops at 19KN and I can't even get off the ground... What am I doing wrong?

I'm having problems with the ThermalJet... In the VAB and pre-flight, MechJeb shows the TWR as 3.05 (I'm using two nozzles with a KIWI reactor each) but as soon as I actually turn the engines on, the TWR drops to 0.28/0.29. It doesn't seem to matter what propellant I use- intake air or atmosphere, their thrust stops at 19KN and I can't even get off the ground... What am I doing wrong?

Mechjeb doesn't work pre-flight because there are a lot of special factors involved in the calculation of thrust for a thermal rocket/jet. If you want to know how much thust you'll get, look at the table in the OP and (approximately) multiply by 4 for intake air. If you want to fly with KIWIs, you need a small plane.

Mechjeb doesn't work pre-flight because there are a lot of special factors involved in the calculation of thrust for a thermal rocket/jet. If you want to know how much thust you'll get, look at the table in the OP and (approximately) multiply by 4 for intake air. If you want to fly with KIWIs, you need a small plane.

I see... Well... Damn... All I wanted was to make a Kiwi fly... MAKE THEM FLY! *Storms out of the room crying*

I see... Well... Damn... All I wanted was to make a Kiwi fly... MAKE THEM FLY! *Storms out of the room crying*

Er...you...can...you just have to make it a little plane...with lots of lift and not much else.

There, there?

Sorry, I don't do this consoling thing...I'm a sociopath.

Er...you...can...you just have to make it a little plane...with lots of lift and not much else.

There, there?

Sorry, I don't do this consoling thing...I'm a sociopath.

NO! Cabana Corp. doesn't make "small" planes! "Go BIG or don't go to SPACE! at all!" is on our plaque. Right above "No PETA members allowed!" and "Please update your will before entering."

NO! Cabana Corp. doesn't make "small" planes! "Go BIG or don't go to SPACE! at all!" is on our plaque. Right above "No PETA members allowed!" and "Please update your will before entering."

Very well then...make a giant flying wing with the entire back edge covered in KIWIs with thermal turbojets.

You shall name it, the Spruce Koose.

Very well then...make a giant flying wing with the entire back edge covered in KIWIs with thermal turbojets.

You shall name it, the Spruce Koose.

I might just take you up on that...

Also, while we're on the topic of the Thermal Jet...

Fractal_UK, would it be possible to use your model for Cabana Corp.'s Wraith scram/hybrid engines?

If your using career mode then after you unlock the DT Vista you get more thrust out of them. If you in sandbox its all fully upgraded already.

You can actually make the Unupgraded Kiwi Fly with just a pair of delta wings.

If your using career mode then after you unlock the DT Vista you get more thrust out of them. If you in sandbox its all fully upgraded already.

You can actually make the Unupgraded Kiwi Fly with just a pair of delta wings.

I use B9 for all my wing needs so... Ew... Stock delta wings...

And anyways... I'm not interested in single Kiwis! Those things fly in packs! PACKS I SAY!

One of the easiest ways is to float a science lab in water and set it to making deuterium. Same on Laythe. Supposedly it can be gathered with atmosphere scoops on Jool, and also processed out of the ground on Duna and Mun, I think?

But it's all about the Science Lab module.

Alright cool. I figured it would involve the Science Lab but in the first post it only says the Science Lab can create liquid fuel and oxidizer through electrolysis of water, and aluminum and oxidizer on Ike and the Mun.

Alright cool. I figured it would involve the Science Lab but in the first post it only says the Science Lab can create liquid fuel and oxidizer through electrolysis of water, and aluminum and oxidizer on Ike and the Mun.
Does the output rate of antimatter/electrolysis depend at all on the stupidity of the Kerbals in the lab, or is it intended to be a "Push butan -> get fuel" process from their point of view?

Does the output rate of antimatter/electrolysis depend at all on the stupidity of the Kerbals in the lab, or is it intended to be a "Push butan -> get fuel" process from their point of view?

Nope, as far as I know the only function affected by kerbal stupidity is research.

So, I may be blind, but... in all this high-tech wonderment (which is awesome, I might add)... is there really NO new tech to facilitate actually getting all this fanciness INTO space from Kerbin in the first place?

Please tell me I'm wrong, but I can't find anything that can actually produce the thrust needed to lift itself out of Kerbin's gravity.

So, I may be blind, but... in all this high-tech wonderment (which is awesome, I might add)... is there really NO new tech to facilitate actually getting all this fanciness INTO space from Kerbin in the first place?

Please tell me I'm wrong, but I can't find anything that can actually produce the thrust needed to lift itself out of Kerbin's gravity.

Well, if you return antimatter to KSC you can fuel up a rocket. An antimatter reactor running a rocket nozzle easily has enough thrust to lift pretty huge payloads.

Personally I usually sit 2-3 nuclear-powered science craft off to the side of KSC and have them generate antimatter while I do other missions and I use that for large payloads.

Nope, as far as I know the only function affected by kerbal stupidity is research.
Excellent! Now I just need to worry about having Billy-Bobgas - my resident dangerous idiot - in charge of making antimatter. It's funny... I use MechJeb, so all launches of identical craft should be identical, right? Not if Billy is the pilot. Then I get 400-ton rockets trying to do a barrel roll right off the launchpad.

Excellent! Now I just need to worry about having Billy-Bobgas - my resident dangerous idiot - in charge of making antimatter. It's funny... I use MechJeb, so all launches of identical craft should be identical, right? Not if Billy is the pilot. Then I get 400-ton rockets trying to do a barrel roll right off the launchpad.

I would LOVE if the stupidity of the pilot affected craft performance.

And doesn't it feel strange to put the dumbest kerbals in charge of making the MOST DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE we know of? :P

Personally I usually sit 2-3 nuclear-powered science craft off to the side of KSC and have them generate antimatter while I do other missions and I use that for large payloads.

That would require some kind of ground docking system though, wouldn't it (which I have consistently and utterly failed at)? Or is there a method of moving nearby fuel between vehicles hiding in here that I've missed as well? ((I noticed someone mentioned a floating deuterium lab in the bay, which I also can't figure out how to retrieve material from, so the question is serious)

That would require some kind of ground docking system though, wouldn't it (which I have consistently and utterly failed at)? Or is there a method of moving nearby fuel between vehicles hiding in here that I've missed as well? ((I noticed someone mentioned a floating deuterium lab in the bay, which I also can't figure out how to retrieve material from, so the question is serious)

I use KAS to transfer fuel via pipes.

Of your could just put a docking port on the bottom of one of your launch clamps which makes ground docking easier.