[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

Great addon! However, is there any way to make the docking window not appear until I have actually selected a specific docking port? Now it pops up whenever I have targeted a ship in the map. Also, it seems there is a game target/mod target mismatch: When selecting a target using the mod, the "game" target should be updated to be the same. Is that possible?

Great addon! However, is there any way to make the docking window not appear until I have actually selected a specific docking port? Now it pops up whenever I have targeted a ship in the map. Also, it seems there is a game target/mod target mismatch: When selecting a target using the mod, the "game" target should be updated to be the same. Is that possible?

I think he is working on that. It was discussed in the last few pages, but he has IRL things going on so we have to be patient.

Is there plans to integrate this with Raster Prop Monitor? Would be a wonderful addition to the IVA experience. I can't imagine docking without this addon, and it'd look so cool on an MFD in a cockpit.

lolwut...

You do ​realize there are indeed a veritable ton of parts mods already out and about, right?

As well, a vast majority of part mods are going to keep working just fine even if they were originally for 0.23 or 0.23.5, unless they utilized an animator like firespitter.dll which has also been updated for 0.24 already.

Is it possible to add the ability to use the normal vector to the surface of the nearest planet / moon so we could use it as a horizontal speed indicator? This would make using manual RCS to kill horizontal speed when landing a lot easier.

I think, i have a game crashing issue on vessel-load from TrackingStation with it:

KSP_x64, DockingPortAlignment_4.0,

crash.dmp, error.log, output_log.txt, report.ini in this zip:

2014-07-19_231456.7z

Yep it's definitely caused by this mod, in x64. I stripped down to the basics and then with that working tried dropping this mod in ... fired her up and was ok right up till when i tried to get into the VAB. Then it (the game as a whole) crashed. Took that one folder out and brought it up and everything worked again. Did that 6 times just to make sure.

So this is definitely a problem. Might be a 64 issue ... dunno even where to tell what could be causing it .. but it definitely does NOT work in 64 as it currently is. Thank goodness things do change in the ksp universe because there are some freakin amazing coders around here .. but now as things are this is a no go.

Yep it's definitely caused by this mod, in x64. I stripped down to the basics and then with that working tried dropping this mod in ... fired her up and was ok right up till when i tried to get into the VAB. Then it (the game as a whole) crashed. Took that one folder out and brought it up and everything worked again. Did that 6 times just to make sure.

So this is definitely a problem. Might be a 64 issue ... dunno even where to tell what could be causing it .. but it definitely does NOT work in 64 as it currently is. Thank goodness things do change in the ksp universe because there are some freakin amazing coders around here .. but now as things are this is a no go.

Well, I don't know about "definitely", since it seems to be working here just fine in x64 so far for me...

Well, I don't know about "definitely", since it seems to be working here just fine in x64 so far for me...

x64 for me has problem with loading (crushes on transition from KSC to vessel) with almost every flight aid that use they own windows (steam gauges, nano gauges, DPAI), and with x32 it's all fine and working, so yeah, definitely x64 problem, and as i presume it's not a problem with mods or KSP but with Unity, and it is really sad =(

If anyone's interested in stock toolbar support for this I've uploaded a patch in a github gist here. If you want to integrate this NavyFish you'll need to add a reference for Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, I didn't patch the project file since I'm running VS13.

Compiled DLL here.

Compatibility with 0.24.2?

I doubt very much anything would be broken, given that the only thing they messed with for 24.2 was to fix a right-click issue with some parts context menus.

That said, how hard can it be to drop it in and try it out? It's not exactly a 100+ meg bundle like B9 or Novapunch. If you took the time to download 24.2, the effort to copy the Navyfish folder over and see what happens is pretty much next to nothing...

It work with 24.2 ( both 32 bit and 64 bit version ).

BUT

you need to download "modul manager 2.2.0.dll" file and replace it with the one that are in the docking mod ( 2.1.5.dll ).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219

The modulemanager.2.2.0.dll need to be placed in your " kerbal\gamedata\

YES the docking mod do work out of the box even with the 2.1.5.dll file BUT I recommend that you update the file to the newest one, since many other mods do not work correctly without the new file 2.2.0 that are 24.2 ready.

Holy ...., this is what I've searched for!

Only mod I'm using atm, did 6 dockings on my construction hangar and I already love this mod! The whole docking interface of Squad is BS compared to this one, since now I'm actually able to align parts the right angle.

Keep up the awesome work!

Edith says: We need this as stock docking interface. Definitely.

Holy ...., this is what I've searched for!

Only mod I'm using atm, did 6 dockings on my construction hangar and I already love this mod! The whole docking interface of Squad is BS compared to this one, since now I'm actually able to align parts the right angle.

Keep up the awesome work!

Edith says: We need this as stock docking interface. Definitely.

we also need to mix it up with the camera of the lazor mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.