How Stable Is 21.1 For You?

NeoMorph

I found 20.2 was remarkably stable with a large bunch of mods... but 21.1 for me crashes so often that I'm going back to minimum mods again...

I know KSP is an Alpha but I just keep getting CTD now. Not even throws up an error message.

I haven't had any crashes yet.

Though the new Space Center loads obscenely slow compared to everything else.

Sometimes after being in space and around planets for a while, I wonder if my game has crashed while loading the new Space Center, but it always finishes.

You're not alone. Same thing keeps happening to me. I made a thread, but it didnt accomplish much. And it was only 0.21, I'm not sure if it was 0.21.1 only because with the weak sas then, I didn't test alot. But it kind of makes it unplayable :(

I crashed a bunch in 0.20.2 and 0.21, but I've only crashed in 0.21. 1 a few times. 0.21.1 definitely seems more stable than the other options, but as others had said the loading times are longer for loading screens and SOI changes.

Edit: Ninja'd and 0s make things look better

I can't recall KSP crashing on me outside of one time when I was doing something rather silly and impractical to begin with. Even with mods, there don't seem to be any real issues for me. Then again, my mod load-out is pretty light and very proven (KAS, KER, and Kethane; what is it with the expansive mods having a K somewhere in their name?).

There seems to be a longer wait on loading screens and I've experienced lag for the first time when crossing over SOIs. However, I've got more part mods installed, so that may be why.

I've got a few mods installed: Chatterer, MechJeb, Universe Replacer. No problems for me aside from the normal load time issues. Perhaps it's an issue with large amounts of parts mods?

I hear there was an issue with 0.21.1's CSharp libraries; if you replaced them with the ones from 0.21.0 the loading time issues went away. I haven't personally tried this, but it might help.

Never had a crash in .20, have had three since .21. Load times are slower and there's some framerate chug and odd pauses in the VAB. Same mods and same machine that was running the previous version, so I'm unconvinced by claims that .21 is meant to run faster, smoother, and more efficiently. I'll forego the animated drift racing and hangar crew if it means the game doesn't pause for seconds when trying to move a root part or an assembly.

The game is stable as heck on Windows, even with a ton of mods loaded up. On OSX it's another story, the bloody thing crashes left and right, though to be honest I don't as much blame the KSP devs as I do the Unity engine devs for not optimizing it for OSX.

I just wish the error log pointed to where the problem occurred... I've been cutting back on the mods and still getting CTD's. 20.2 with the same mods I had the game run for two weeks without a crash... and that was with the PC running constantly. I'm convinced at least one of the mods is causing problems but finding the problem when it is an intermittent fault is tough.

Very stable, it doesn't crash as long as I don't use full-res textures.

If I do, it doesn't crash a lot but if I leave KSP running while browsing the forums (for example) or just keep playing the game for a very long time it does.

It is safe to assume it's my computer's fault anyway.

Usually it's completely stable.

Twice, however, when switching to a ship, the screen when black except for the HUD and the altimeter spun out of control before stopping at "6666666....". The ships were deleted and the kerbals inside were killed.

I'm not really having any problems. A bit longer of a load time is no problem for me. The only gripe I have is that Kerbin's terrain got laggier, much to the point where I can't really launch without looking up or down. But I don't spend much time on Kerbin anyways, so I'm not too upset.

on my computer (i7 3770k, 4 gig ddr3, gtx 560) it was a performance improvement. it was still kinda laggy, the framerate was poor, but the game was more playable than before. was able to build a 900 part interplanetary craft in 7 sections managed to dock them all and fly the ship just fine. i wouldn't have even tried that stunt in the previous version.

though i did recently try it on a core2 duo, 4gig (ddr2 i think), and an old geforce 6. it ran but it was almost unplayable for anything but small spacecraft. building was really slow, docking was impossible.

Edited by Nuke

Been fine for me so far, other then the long load times. And my Kerbals won't stay dead....which is fine in some cases....but I was planning a memorial wall...

On the bright side of that Jeb is still alive, and manning my second science station. This of course is after he piloted the first mun lander into the surface of the mun...at about 250 m/s.....whoops...

On the bright side of that Jeb is still alive, and manning my second science station. This of course is after he piloted the first mun lander into the surface of the mun...at about 250 m/s.....whoops...

I edited my save file for permadeath. If any orange suits die and come back with that flag set I'm gonna be pissed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.