White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - ver 0.4 - HOPE SHUTTLE

sarkun

[table][tr] [td]logo2.png[/td]

[td] White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory

In the White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory, teams of domesticated and highly trained monkey engineers labour every day to bring you parts of the highest quality![/td][/tr][/table]

Current version (0.4): DOWNLOAD

Experimental (0.4.1): DOWNLOAD

This version is still in the works, so some bugs may lurk. Use at your own risk.

Parts include Working Cargo Bay - operated by the \'b\' key, and an experimental satellite (v key to extend/retract antenna & panels).

Copy all Plugins into plugin directory, even if you have the MultiJoint plugin already installed - included is a slightly updated version.

This update contains plugins that make it unusable in the demo version.

Changes since 0.3.3:

[list type=decimal]

[li]Klamshell Fairing redone as side attachable.[/li]

[li]Able ASAS - texture update[/li]

[li]Able Decoupler - model and texture update[/li]

[li]Able RCS tank added[/li]

[li]Hope Shuttle Released[/li]

[li]Baker RCS Tank - Updated model[/li]

The pack is designed to allow constructing small landers of the Baker Patten, Hope Shuttle and medium sized (1.5m diameter) rockets of the Able Class to carry them. It is balanced against the base game parts, and inspired by two sources - the contemporary JAXA* rockets and the retro science fiction designs of the 1960s.

*Jaxa - Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency

Parts Catalog:

hope%2520promo.png

The Hope Shuttle is a medium sized modular craft, designed to perform various missions at Low to Medium Kerbin Orbit. It is equipped with a pair of moderately powerful vectored thrust engines and RCS systems, allowing for very high maneuverability in space. It is designed to perform unpowered glide landings, and is certified for landing speeds up to 50 m/s. To aid in orbit changes and reentry procedures, an ASAS system has been also installed. A broad line of main body parts is planned.

It is designed to be launched atop of an Able Class Rocket, and a carrier rocket .craft file is included in the pack.

You can download a flight manual and assembly guide here: Hope Flight Manual.

Glide Landing Tutorial: Hope 101 - Glide Landing

How to properly load a satellite into the cargo bay:

http://youtu.be/cfLGyvzp83k

AbleClassPromo.png

The Able Class is a 1.5m diameter rocket, based on the patented Fuel Tank - Quad Coupler part that allows attachment of no less than four 1m engines underneath a 1.5m stack. There is a wide range of parts available, including liquid fuel tanks, RCS tanks, ASAS system and a dedicated long 1m solid rocket boosters.

For protecting valuable cargo, a 1m stack to 2m payload cargo fairings are included, providing safe launch environment for any cargo that will fit.

BakerPatternPromo2.jpg

The Baker Pattern Landers are small and extremely maneuverable landers, designed to be as light as possible. With the introduction of the revolutionary DTS Drop Tanks System, they offer great degree of fuel loadout customization allowing for multiple location changes once the Mün surface is reached.

Due to weight limitations, there is no ASAS available for the Baker, and landing it may require some practice. Once mastered though, it has good endurance and stability, providing a reliable Mün exploration platform.

When flying the Baker, precision mode [CAPSLOCK] is strongly recommended.

All comments, feedback and opinions are welcome!

Very nice, looks great. FOr your first model, you hit it out of the park.

one suggestion, if the goal is to merge with stock parts seamlessly - match the yellow on your caution stripes with the yellow on the stock tank, just to be all matchy matchy - but it looks superb on its own, so its not a big deal.

Also, if you are making more parts, a mini-decoupler to put between the tank and pod. The giant stock one would kind or ruin what you have going on there - maybe something in the style of the pancake decoupler from SIDR.

What program did you use, blender?

Yes, Blender then Photoshop for texturing.

Very nice, looks great. For your first model, you hit it out of the park.

one suggestion, if the goal is to merge with stock parts seamlessly - match the yellow on your caution stripes with the yellow on the stock tank, just to be all matchy matchy - but it looks superb on its own, so its not a big deal.

Also, if you are making more parts, a mini-decoupler to put between the tank and pod. The giant stock one would kind or ruin what you have going on there - maybe something in the style of the pancake decoupler from SIDR.

I tried to go for matchy-matchy at first, but I just couldn\'t get the main color right. The I hit the current one and decided to roll with it. The current warning stripes will probably stay too, I like the warm yellow more than the standard cold one. And yeah, a mini decoupler is probably the next part I\'ll be making...

Although - I\'ve done some tests and a small lander (tank, engine, 3 legs, pod) will survive landing on flat terrain on a standard parachute. There will be some explosions, but the pod should stay intact.

Yes, Blender then Photoshop for texturing.

I tried to go for matchy-matchy at first, but I just couldn\'t get the main color right. The I hit the current one and decided to roll with it. The current warning stripes will probably stay too, I like the warm yellow more than the standard cold one. And yeah, a mini decoupler is probably the next part I\'ll be making...

Although - I\'ve done some tests and a small lander (tank, engine, 3 legs, pod) will survive landing on flat terrain on a standard parachute. There will be some explosions, but the pod should stay intact.

Oh yeah, the yellow you used is definitely more pleasing to the eye, I think the reason they use 'safety yellow' is because its so garish and hard to miss, heh.

I\'ve got that minidecoupler almost finished. Will update the pack tomorrow, for now a sneak peak must suffice:

minidecoupler.png

I have to work out the stats for it - ideally I\'d like it to be too weak to be used as anything else than just the last stage separator.

A preview of upcoming parts:

ableclass%252520preview.png

The color scheme is based on JAXA H2B series rocket.

There are so many soyuz/apollo/nasa/european based mods, so I take it upon myself to do a Japan themed one, seeing as this is the country I live in :). Probably won\'t do replicas but rather \'inspired by\' rockets.

Cant wait to try it out tommorow ;) keep doing more in kerbal style. Love the look of those new parts cant wait to try them out. =P Can you maybe give me/us a hint about what you will be doing next ;).

@stuya1

welcome to the forums :)

My current plans are to make more parts from the JAXA H2 family - the solid booster family for example (and the large radial decoupler). Then I\'ll try to make fairings, some space debris satellites (hayabusa!), maybe the HTV... and then... Hope-X :D

H2B_side.jpg

JAXA%20HTV.jpg

hope0sf.jpg

I\'ll be releasing a new version of the pack soon, just have to make a 1.5m ASAS system.

A preview of upcoming parts:

ableclass%252520preview.png

The color scheme is based on JAXA H2B series rocket.

There are so many soyuz/apollo/nasa/european based mods, so I take it upon myself to do a Japan themed one, seeing as this is the country I live in :). Probably won\'t do replicas but rather \'inspired by\' rockets.

How is living in Japan? Does it get humid in the summer like Korea? How\'s the traffic?

@stuya1

welcome to the forums :)

My current plans are to make more parts from the JAXA H2 family - the solid booster family for example (and the large radial decoupler). Then I\'ll try to make fairings, some space debris satellites (hayabusa!), maybe the HTV... and then... Hope-X :D

H2B_side.jpg

JAXA%20HTV.jpg

hope0sf.jpg

I\'ll be releasing a new version of the pack soon, just have to make a 1.5m ASAS system.

Nice cant wait for the Hope-X ,the ... everything actually. Maybe some specialized sas for the lander :D

How is living in Japan? Does it get humid in the summer like Korea? How\'s the traffic?

Summers are humid as hell. I\'ve never been to Korea in the summer, but I imagine they must be similar. As for traffic... as most Tokyoites i don\'t own a car ;-) public transportation system is made of pure awesome here.

• 2 weeks later...

I\'ve been totally swamped with work lately, so I had little time to work on this pack :(

But I\'ve finally managed to get some parts finished, so I\'m releasing today version 0.2! (see first post)

There are still many more parts to come, so stay tuned :)

Large tanks seem to be clipping into each other causing phantom spinning when leaving time compression, consider making your collision meshes a tad bit smaller.

Other than that the parts look very fancy.

There\'s a small gap with the SAS module that lets you see the sky through the joins at certain view angles/distances.

The 4x1 mounts don\'t work with symmetry. Would be nice if they did so that the UI collapses applicable 1m modules stuck below it. Also handy for bracing the engines to the tank, since with boosters attached it tends to rip the engines off on the launch pad for me.

Other than that haven\'t found anything worth mentioning :)