Good Free Games?

JupiterII

pioneer space sim,its a fun free game

its set in the 31st century and its still in alpha so there will be bugs but none that will ruin the fun of the game :D

http://pioneerspacesim.net/

you can see me old thread if you want more description

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.msg21982#msg21982

Team Fortress 2 is a great free game if you\'re interested in FPS. Other then that, I cannot think of any other titles that are free ... look\'s like majority of good games come with a price tag.

My friend told me about that. I\'m going to try it out but it takes forever to download.

Shores Of Hazeron.

It will make your eyes bleed. But if you\'re a sci-fi fan, and didn\'t mind playing online games in the mid-late 1990s, then you\'ll love it.

Create an alien character, get dumped on some random world, make simple tools and survive, found a town and have people move in, build the town into a city, industrialise, electrify, build rockets and colonise the star-system, design and build spaceships go out and explore the galaxy… maybe accidently stumble across some other player’s empire in amongst the millions of star systems, go to war with them, join them, trade with them, doesn’t really matter.

When I first started playing I killed the tutorial guy who showed up to teach me how to move around, what the UI did, and how to make a simple flaming torch. I beat him to death with the torch... and then ate him. Used his skin to make my first city’s founding-flag, I seem to remember.

The lag is evil, i\'d still be playing it now if it didn\'t lag quite so bad.

It isn\'t fun when you know what everything does. I started playing in alpha 1.2.2. I can remember how fun it was, doing everything for the first time, in a land of mysteries. I didn\'t know anything, and that\'s what made it fun. But then I read all the guides and learned what everything did, and Minecraft lost its mystery. It wasn\'t fun. The introduction of reliable multiplayer fixed this for a while, as did my discovery of mods. but by beta 1.7.3 I was done. So I waited until release, and I stopped reading anything about it, so the new things would be a mystery. And it worked. Minecraft is fun again for me. So yeah, wait like six months without doing anything Minecraft related and it is fun again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.