Good Free Games?

JupiterII

Step aside kids, I found minecraft while the day/night cycle was being added and pre-ordered in time for broken water, the ability to get logs from logs and paintings.

Those were the days... When the worlds were finite. Then multiplayer called for a infinite world which meant a game that could no longer run pretty well on a 10 year old computer has trouble running on a 3 year old.

The reson it lasted so long for me was like sombody above said to me, each new thing kept it fun and back then we got a good 2 updates a week.

But then after he made the company the turnover became seriously dissapointing. But 1.8 - 1.0.0 really has revived minecraft for me.

The world are still finite, just 8 times the size of the earth.

Technichly not. If you go to the edge of the map it actually continues on forever, its just that past 8 times the surface area of the earth (I think 30,000,000) the landscape is a 'phantom' landscape.

Although the far-lands were removed D:

Congrats, you\'re now a hipster.

God fucking dammit. I remember being a new player and how the age old players came from the very very first indev versions...

Nowa days people like that are so few and far between so we\'re 'hipsters' ;-/

One day when KSP is fully releaced YOU can be the hipster.

God *beep* dammit. I remember being a new player and how the age old players came from the very very first indev versions...

Nowa days people like that are so few and far between so we\'re 'hipsters' ;-/

One day when KSP is fully releaced YOU can be the hipster.

It was a joke. Nostalgia has gone from changes over decades, to years, to months.

Battlefield heroes, for the fun factor,3rd person shooter. Or for a little more hardcore battlefield play4free which is fps. I play both and think there quite good. Hate the buy better weapons type system but who cares when there paying for you to have a free game right? I play a lot of multiplayer games on iOS on good old iPad 2 but none worth mentioning really. Minecraft was good up untill the novelty wore off. I had at 1.01 (I think) night was just being introduced. The game being ported to XBLA killed it for me. That game DESERVED 3D yet they sold out to Xbox. Not starting a console war because I own all consoles but that game needed to be played on a big TV popping out the screen!

Yeah F-sim shuttle for iPad/iPhone where you land the......shuttle ::) is really good. Hasn\'t had an update for a while but other than drag chute animation its done. Real racing HD2, modern warfair but that more of a management game. Metal storms (fighter plane sim) is not bad...bit arcadey though.

Step aside kids, I found minecraft while the day/night cycle was being added and pre-ordered in time for broken water, the ability to get logs from logs and paintings.

Those were the days... When the worlds were finite. Then multiplayer called for a infinite world which meant a game that could no longer run pretty well on a 10 year old computer has trouble running on a 3 year old.

The reson it lasted so long for me was like sombody above said to me, each new thing kept it fun and back then we got a good 2 updates a week.

But then after he made the company the turnover became seriously dissapointing. But 1.8 - 1.0.0 really has revived minecraft for me.

I remember when SMP started to take root. But even that was not just after I joined. I really began to play when the halloween update was out. God damn was I scared of having my torches dissappear. Phew.

• 1 month later...

I found minecraft before survival mode even existed. Seems like a long time ago tbh

If you like tanks, then I can recommend World of Tanks, which is pretty much a first/third person shooter where your avatar is one of many 1920\'s to 1950\'s tanks from France, Germany, the USSR and the USA (with British tanks in the works and others planned).

Basically, you start out with a basic tank from each nation, and each fight earns you experience for unlocking better equipment (guns, engines etc.) and tanks, as well as credits to buy them with. Like most f2p games there is a payed for component, but it doesn\'t really factor into the battles so much as it does in other games - the gold makes it easier to upgrade stuff but doesn\'t make it easier to win.

Also, as part of my contract, I have to shamelessly advertise the Battlefield 2 mod Forgotten Hope 2 (which is free if you already own BF2).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.