[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

L-Tech does that. Still waiting on an update tho

I just went and read about that mod. Interesting.

If you were to gain science from using a Hullcam camera, how would you go about assigning a science value to it? 1 science point per picture? 5? Seems to me a potentially very easy way to gain science if it's much more than that. At least with SCANsat, yes, you get lots of science points for completing scans, but it's no easy task (early on in the game) to get those scanners out there - so science earned is justified IMO.

Something like photo's from orbit, in flight and landed yielding a certain amount of science would be an idea.

It would work well with missions. Something like:

- Snap a photo of Duna while on a flyby.

- Transmit photo's from the surface of Eve.

- Take pictures of anomalies on Kerbin.

I’m a little confused here about which version of KSP this mod supports the thread states that it supports KSP 1.0.4 but when I try to download the mod on Kerbal Stuff it’s supports just KSP 1.0.2... I’m talk about version 0.40 of the Mod.

Thanks,

Run into a bit of a snag with the docking cam part.

The plan was to add a cross shaped camera to each docking port, like shown in the screenshot bellow.

It fits on every docking port (even the shielded one), except for the inline docking port.

The problem is that there isn't any room for it. Maybe some has an idea how to still add one?

Or should I just forget the whole cross shaped camera and directly add the view in the center of each docking port?

screenshot8_zpsn7sxygjr.png

Here's an image to illustrate what I mean. The circles indicate the location of the cross shaped camera.

It's meant to align with the docking camera view's dashed cross, like in the upper part of the image.

Eacht port has place for such a cross camera, except for the inline docking port, shown on the right.

screenshot8_zpsxccg82bu.png

Oh now I understand, I didn't realize you where adding a new model into the docking port model. Here is a thought... Could you add that sight to the body of the docking port? If you are looking straight at the port it would still be visible. Now it wouldn't be if you are too high. But I doubt it would be a big deal. That way it can remain stationary while the port extends.

Considering every docking port has a window in it already, why not just use the center of the port as the view?... the camera being (part-less) behind the window. I'd also ask for the reticle to be far thinner, a hair-line... and the data read-out put in one place/corner (for at a glance readability) rather than both sides of the view.

Considering every docking port has a window in it already, why not just use the center of the port as the view?... the camera being (part-less) behind the window. I'd also ask for the reticle to be far thinner, a hair-line... and the data read-out put in one place/corner (for at a glance readability) rather than both sides of the view.

Good suggestions.

That would clean things up and make easier, imo..

Cheers.

You know, I didn't even notice that window in the docking port. :D

Might as well just use the center of the docking port.

The reticle is 1/3 smaller now, or 4 pixels(plus outline) instead of 6.

The text still looks clunky, maybe It should all be on the left side in one column?

screenshot13_zpsblzbng5x.png

You know, I didn't even notice that window in the docking port. :D

Might as well just use the center of the docking port.

The reticle is 1/3 smaller now, or 4 pixels(plus outline) instead of 6.

The text still looks clunky, maybe It should all be on the left side in one column?

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/screenshot13_zpsblzbng5x.png

I like that reticle better. :) I wouldn't complain if it were even finer and/or translucent ... but that's up to you. I agree with the single column text idea, but have no preference if it's left side or right - just not in so close to center ... white lettering tends to get washed out with brightly lit parts when coming in docking (my experience anyway with Lazor). Did I mention I'm psyched for this?!? ;)

I like that reticle better. :) I wouldn't complain if it were even finer and/or translucent ... but that's up to you. I agree with the single column text idea, but have no preference if it's left side or right - just not in so close to center ... white lettering tends to get washed out with brightly lit parts when coming in docking (my experience anyway with Lazor). Did I mention I'm psyched for this?!? ;)

It's getting great! About the text, what about divided in the four corners like IRL? With larger font size, preferably...

The white text has a black outline, so it will still be readable with a white background. :)

Oh? I didn't realize that! Downloading your image and viewing 100% in Gimp, now I see it. :) And here I was going to suggest a blackened box in a corner with the white text in it ... or ... doing the text in a translucent green like many HUDs do.

Hi everybody :)

Am currently using HullCam VDS with the Docking Target mod :"> and took the liberty of applying it to other docking ports which includes the inline version. :D

Would like to ask if cameraPosition in the part cfg file controls the placement of the camera?

Thanks in advance. :)

Looking great.

I would 'ask' that the info be all together in one of the corners.

For some reason, I would pick lower left, but this is just my pref.

If the code is not too difficult and or time consuming, maybe user pref for location and reticule color???

Hey, if may never happen, but if you dont ask you know it wont happen.

Cheers and thanks again for this great addon...

Def a MUST have MOD addition.