cBBp SPC Pack v0.4: Fixed Failcan RCS and added some adapter pieces. Enjoy.

And i am finally done modelling the engines.

Loveatfirstsight.png

You could get rid of almost all the structural detail inside the engine and it wouldn\'t make hardly any difference to the external appearance - you can hardly see the internals, except from the side.

Ah yes but the engine can be used by itself. I am not dumb. It is obvious (i am not stupid) I could have closed it up. But that would be boring :P

I\'m just worried about how much of a performance impact each engine will have.

Also, have you considered making addons for Orbiter? Your work is very realistic, and I think the X-33/VentureStar would fit great with it!

Polies don\'t seem to effect unity at all. i have tested loading large polygon spheres. There is a limit though. and I think if it is too much for the engine to handle it does not load it.

Plus it is a SSTO. there will only be 7 of them. and few other parts as part of the package. Joints cause more lag than polies.

surprisingly the only have 2.25 times as many polys as my Kerlin Engines. I made sure to remove extra and wasted/sloppy polys. I realize not everyone has a computer like me though. it people complain I could see making a simple version.

Polies don\'t seem to effect unity at all. i have tested loading large polygon spheres. There is a limit though. and I think if it is too much for the engine to handle it does not load it.

Plus it is a SSTO. there will only be 7 of them. and few other parts as part of the package. Joints cause more lag than polies.

surprisingly the only have 2.25 times as many polys as my Kerlin Engines. I made sure to remove extra and wasted/sloppy polys. I realize not everyone has a computer like me though. it people complain I could see making a simple version.

All right then, I have faith!

As for the orbiter comment. Thanks for the compliment. I dislike orbiter. I like kerbal\'s lackadaisical cartoonie feel. Orbital is too complex. and x-33 will be in kerbal :)

Also, how can i get custom sounds to work?

Make a 'sounds' folder in the individual part\'s folder, put your .wav file inside it and prefix it with sound_ (not sure if that\'s needed, need to experiment). In the cfg, specify the sound like you normally would, but be sure to include the file extension.

However, they don\'t work in 0.13 right now. They will in 0.13.1, which SHOULD be coming very soon.

And i am finally done modelling the engines.

Loveatfirstsight.png

Wow. Just wow. Every time I\'m pleased with my modeling skills, I take a look here and feel like a complete newbie. I should stop looking at your thread! :D

Guest GroundHOG-2010

ah that would be nice. perhaps failcan will sound like a falcon9 soon :D

On the topic of the Falcon9 and Dragon, here is a video of the solar array deployment!!

I am trying to figure out window configurations. any Thoughts? The x-33 had none and the venture star\'s where ugly.

Originaly both the X-33 and Venture star meant to be unmanned in the first place. But it\'s true, that this would be quite dissapointing in the game.

Personally, I like the circle windows of the manned version concept of the X-33.

But here is something else. Those two grey squares on the nose are not windows, but they wouldn\'t look so bad if they were.

x33_flight.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.