cBBp SPC Pack v0.4: Fixed Failcan RCS and added some adapter pieces. Enjoy.

Includes:

Failcan Rocket System: It is a series of parts which fit together to make a rocket which is mainly designed to launch your orbital vehicles into space with low levels of lag and fairly reliable. Crafts for both the crewed and Cargo versions are available.

Failcan%20heavy.png

Durgun Orbital Vehicle: It is a series of parts which allows one to construct the Durgun Capsule which is designed to be an Orbital Vehicle by using fuel from the Trunk section (Varying Role Trunks Coming soon) to traverse space with it\'s won engines and RCS modules. Once it is time to return home the Capsule is separated from the Trunk and begins it\'s decent. It has the option to land with parachutes in water OR use its engines and onboard fuel to power decent to land on the terrain.

Durgun%20Full%20Glory.png

DOWNLOAD:

Please give Balancing feed back and post pictures :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1417259/kerbal/cBBp_Sky_Penetration_Co._Produces_Pack._V0.4.zip

Directions:

Behold a Video

A few things to note about landing. When reentering keep your SAS off till you are aligned correctly with the surface. it should automatically right itself in the right manner. In a good landing you should have enough fuel for an Abort. To abort just put the engines to Full and empty the tank. Then activate the parachutes. Fire RCS before hitting the ground and the crew should live. Other wise only use chutes over water.

In the Failcan the 2nd stage is supposed to have a long burn time. This is how the real one works.

Future Plans:

1 meter Adapter for Durgun

Upper Dockur to complete the docking idea. Will have models ready when docking arrives.

Kerlin 2 Engines.

Tri Adapter for 1 meter engines to fit 1.5 like SpaceX griffon Engine plans.

Either persist parts or Something Big... not sure which path I should take. the 3m version seemed unpopular. I saw no pics or stories of it so i am assuming it is unneeded.

Changes:

Scaled it all down to 1.5 meter.

Removed the 3meter version. It was too big. I kept the engines since they seem popular.

Renamed the 1 meter engines to Kriffun to follow SpaceX Griffon.

Disclaimer: this mod is mostly based off of ideas that are coming from the real life private space company, SpaceX. However my Parts are not to exact scale nor exact detail or use. They merely heavily influence them :D. The Failcan might seem a little over powered when you fly it stock however it is made to lift things. if there is nothing to lift of course it gets to space easily. However that is not to say that it is not hard to get into orbit with it.

yeah the folder NP_smallCapsule - its the mercury-ish black one.

Might wanna just swap out for the stock capsule in your craft rather than distributing it in your rar - I can\'t actually give you permission to use it, it still belongs to Nova.

Sky Penetrator sounds a little... uh..

maybe Skypiercer?

Huh, 1.5m - interesting - I hope you make Dragon a 1.5m capsule too, a larger crew module would be cool.

Yes. The heavy can be difficult to fly :/ but so are most booster kSP stuff. try flying it with out the SAS nose cones :D

and yes. i plan on doing the Dragon Capsule full justice. including the powered decent landing Space wants them to have :D

I\'m sorry....did you just knock up this beautiful looking capsule in under a 6hrs? Legend! Loose the 1.5m idea though. The ones you have already are brilliant...just perfect them (not much to do) only draw back I found was gimbal rock but untill ASAS is fluid and is not full opposite lock there\'s nothing you can do. Can\'t load up the lite due to not having the capsual but when the dragons out, you thinking of re-releasing this pack with it? This is in my top 3 mods that\'s for sure. Great work

Yes. i made the dragon capsule in like... 2 minutes. it is not that hard in all honesty. i am used to modeling stuff like below so mechanical is easy.

but as for peer pressure that is hardly the reason. i didn\'t want to just make a capsule. that is boring. i wanted to do something cooler.

caplin.png

CLay%2BTexture.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.