cBBp SPC Pack v0.4: Fixed Failcan RCS and added some adapter pieces. Enjoy.

That means you have some collision models overlapping improperly, - probably due to the way you have all those parts crammed in.

Might have to shrink down a lot of the meshes to be significantly smaller than the visible meshes - gonna be a bit of trial and error.

That means you have some collision models overlapping improperly, - probably due to the way you have all those parts crammed in.

Might have to shrink down a lot of the meshes to be significantly smaller than the visible meshes - gonna be a bit of trial and error.

nope. If you make the tank a command pod and launch it as the only part of the rocket. it still blows up :)

seriously. download the part and give it a whirl it is very strange.

If the origin of the mesh (the 0,0,0 point in the modelling software) is outside of the collision mesh, it will result in that. The game doesn\'t like the terrain and the origin intersecting, and will make any part that crosses that explode instantly.

It\'s actually worse than that, because the collision mesh for the terrain is below the visible terrain (that\'s why landing legs appear to sink into the ground), but the auto-kill detection happens on the visible terrain.

You need to have a good 0.2m of collision mesh below the origin of the part that\'s touching the ground to avoid insta-kills.

It\'s actually worse than that, because the collision mesh for the terrain is below the visible terrain (that\'s why landing legs appear to sink into the ground), but the auto-kill detection happens on the visible terrain.

You need to have a good 0.2m of collision mesh below the origin of the part that\'s touching the ground to avoid insta-kills.

I will investigate it this is the problem. :D all previous suggestions are already taken care of except this one.

Ah! that was the problem then. heatshield can touch the ground now :D

you made this possible

dragonhovertestsucess.png

I have tried all possible combinations of node and flipped models and such and the games protection is just to smart. it will not feed from lower tanks. so no truck for now :( not until fuel lines.

That\'s okay, I think we can live without a service module.

lol. I have decided trunk will be open for attachments sicne I am not sure what har has planned for fuel lines and life support and such. Thus since it is 1.5 meter 1meter stuff fits inside. so you can fill it with RCS fuel tanks and fly it through space with that. or cram a mini fuel tank and small engine in it. that should work for now.

I have wondered if i should make a sminiature engine. like the mini thrusters on the rear of the 2nd stage.

a semi successful first launch. It requires more strut connectors then i would have liked. but it got to space. unfortunately there was a decouple order error and the wrong one ejected first. luckily the durgun pod engines have a secondary role as an escape tower (like th real thing) and they work perfectly)

durgunfirstflight.png

-yawn- had to study for a final. taking it in 10 minutes.

But I textured the heat shield a bit. I think for 'crewed' launches i will make special decouple for the 2nd stage to make it shorter. I don\'t plan on having the cargo rated RCS tank inside it like the 3 meter. the 3 meter more for launching larger stuff like stations sort of needs the extra fuel. And as for the trunk for the crewed I think i will just sort of leave it simple and allow others to put what they want inside untill harvester gives some clues about life support. thus what the trunk will need to hold. when fuel lines come out i will add some interior RCS tank or perhaps just some interior fuel tank.

:D IDK.

might also make the snd stage smaller for crew since it is jsut pushing a tiny thing and nothing huge. IDk.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.