[SHOWCASE] How Does Your Kerbal Drive To Work?

josea74

Basically create the best car you can make and make sure to have a kerbal seated in it and show off what your kerbal drives to the vab and make a video or take screenshots of it driving and flying and stopping next to the stairs their!

Purpose of challenge=FUN!

My Kerbals like to stay inside the rover... but they adore boosters! P.S A couple of seconds after launch the craft just blows up. Probably because of the wheel level being really low. So really, my Kerbals don't get to work at all. Sadly my picture isn't working so you can't see it. :(

Edited by The Spacemonkey

Well, how would ANY self-respecting Kerbal drive to work?

that just rocks. I won't even *try* to top that.

Here's my Space Bus:

1150677_330775420391795_1264600086_o.jpg

Top speed: 8m/s on land, 3m/s on water. Oh, forgot to mention it's amphibious. Kinda useful for rescue missions (though a bit slow)... it's also got a ramp at the back which is partly submerged in the water. If I can figure out how to use the magnetic grapples etc, I might turn this into a sea utility platform.

Edited by ihtoit

that just rocks. I won't even *try* to top that.

Ahem...

qyvKtPC.png

Yes, that's more boosters.

I take no credit for the idea, just the addition of boosters. Oh, and the Kerbal died less than a second after I took the screenshot.

Ahem...

Yes, that's more boosters.

I take no credit for the idea, just the addition of boosters. Oh, and the Kerbal died less than a second after I took the screenshot.

Touché. :) Oh, my Space Bus is getting a new name: the Caterpillar. Even though it's not articulated, I extended the four antennae and the two dishes at the front, it looked like one. Kinda.

Well, your 'challenge' is poorly defined. There are no goals beyond flight and wheels. If that's the case, I can slap some wheels on an SRB, and still participate.

There aren't really any rules, or any scoring system. It seems like you just want a Showcase, rather than a challenge.

Would someone tell me how to put images on here without using igmur?

Use imgur

no srsly, it's amazing, I even signed up for a year of pro. Best image hosting site on the web, imho.

Also I've got a great idea, let me just jump in KSP and upload some pictures for you lads XD

EDIT: Here we go! Some Kerbals get so used to their daily Kerbonaut training (centrifuge training and all) that they even go to work in a similar manner; getting dizzy!

aa92naQ.png

Moves at a brisk 4.1 m/s, and guaranteed to get your head spinning for a while. Not approved as a means of transport.

Edited by Ekku Zakku

At least, they would if this design didn't make my computer spontaneously power off for no apparent reason.

I think your computer may have the same sort of problem as mine. You may be inadvertently overheating your computer, which shuts down as a last resort to get rid of excess heat. I would recommend getting a Cooler Master cooling pad until you can check out the fan assembly.

I think your computer may have the same sort of problem as mine. You may be inadvertently overheating your computer, which shuts down as a last resort to get rid of excess heat. I would recommend getting a Cooler Master cooling pad until you can check out the fan assembly.

They make those for desktops?

I had the same thing you describe.

After removing about half a kilo of dust from the cooling element (under the fan) things were working nicely again :)

And great cars guys, gonna try building one this evening.

Some earlier riding stuff i made:

Kerbals dont always drive themselves, an attempt at a train:

And if he's feeling a bit more agressive he can go to work armed:

Edited by MarkoeZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.