kOS Scriptable Autopilot System 0.9

KevinLaity

I think you uploaded the wrong version.

This thing can't read .txt files and it says its version 17xxx something.

Unless I'm putting them in the wrong place... You just said apropriate folder in the video. You failed to mention if that was the same folder as the arc was or what. Also I had to remove the arc file or else it locked the little screen and wouldn't let me exit the game normally.

Edit Ok. I guess I missed it the first time but I see it in the video now. Trying that.

Edited by Payload

I think you uploaded the wrong version.

This thing can't read .txt files and it says its version 17xxx something.

Unless I'm putting them in the wrong place... You just said apropriate folder in the video. You failed to mention if that was the same folder as the arc was or what. Also I had to remove the arc file or else it locked the little screen and wouldn't let me exit the game normally.

Edit Ok. I guess I missed it the first time but I see it in the video now. Trying that.

Whoops! I didn't increment the version number on the terminal.

0.4 creates the Archive folder the first time it saves a file, or you can create it yourself, but yeah there is a lot going on in that video, I don't blame you for missing it.

EDIT: Problems occur when the Archive folder doesn't exist yet, please grab 0.41 from spaceport now. It creates the archive folder the first time you load up a ship with a kOS unit on it.

Edited by KevinLaity

I've found a bug where the game will freeze upon locking steering to an R() angle. I'll include a screenshot:

pXuEM7D.png

As you can see, the individual values were tested and working prior to using them within the angle.

edit:

Also crashed after entering these two lines in the console:

set TWR to (maxthrust/mass).
print "TWR: " + TWR.

Edited by Ozin

Whoops! I didn't increment the version number on the terminal.

0.4 creates the Archive folder the first time it saves a file, or you can create it yourself, but yeah there is a lot going on in that video, I don't blame you for missing it.

EDIT: Problems occur when the Archive folder doesn't exist yet, please grab 0.41 from spaceport now. It creates the archive folder the first time you load up a ship with a kOS unit on it.

I just made an Archive folder and it stared working Of course. I will grab that one. Also stage:resource have stopped working in expressions since the older version. A script that put me into orbit at least five times last night is calling an error on those now.

On the bright side. Formatting now appears to be preserved. That was killing me.

EDIT:

OK upon further investigation. It is any variable with a colon : is no longer working in expression. I had to wrap up all of my stage:resource and eta:somethings in variables in the main loop to keep them updated. Not sure what happened to that but it was working before.

EDIT:

Ok to clarify a little more. They do work when they are followed by a terminator. In cases such as set Ralt to alt:radar.. However, in cases such as if alt:radar > 0 {do something}. the parser throws a hissy. That worked perfectly fine in the last version. Not a huge deal but having to constantly update a value my self when there is direct access seems like a waste.

Edited by Payload

This is pretty great! Now all we need is closest approach to target and translation controls. Also DEFINITELY compound if statements. That is:

if (X=2 && X<3){ blah.}.

or

if (X=2){

if (Y=3){

blah.

}

}.

And maybe being able to do things like

if BODY = MUN{

begin capture

}.

Edited by theSpeare

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../Plugins/PluginData/kOS/gfx/font_sml.png

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file /SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../Plugins/PluginData/kOS/gfx/monitor_minimal.png

I've found a bug where the game will freeze upon locking steering to an R() angle. I'll include a screenshot:

pXuEM7D.png

As you can see, the individual values were tested and working prior to using them within the angle.

edit:

I can confirm this lockup as well.

Also, it seems that copying to 0 isn't always working. So far, it seems like copying to 0 won't actually save your changes if you are copying anytime after program execution. Anyone else seeing this?

pXuEM7D.png

edit:

I'm looking at fixing your first issue now.

Your second example didn't crash for me..

EDIT: My testing didn't include the colon in your string. It looks like my methods of looking for colons aren't beefy enough. Regex to the rescue!

Edited by KevinLaity

so realizing that a large part of this request is out of your control... i would love to see this integrate with other mods.

mechjeb- ascent guidance, auto-staging, hohmann transfers, auto-docking, etc. programming those things in the kos language seems daunting, setting stages by fuel usage can be tricky... i'm not even sure how a hohmann transfer or auto-dock would be calculated...

remotetech- send programs to remote control units, re-target antennas, etc.

kethane- activate/deactivate scanners/drills/converters

infernal robotics- control robotic parts

also, an external editor would be nice, a scripts directory containing text files possibly? then people could share their scripts, copy and paste, etc. i dont' even think it would be hard to make a notepad++ dictionary for the language, syntax checking would be nice...

keep up the good work. i approve of this mod.

I'm looking at fixing your first issue now.

Your second example didn't crash for me..

EDIT: My testing didn't include the colon in your string. It looks like my methods of looking for colons aren't beefy enough. Regex to the rescue!

Thanks for fixing, keep up all the good work :)

Awesome mod! I was thinking if there was any way to mix this with Remotech 2? I know it will feature to send commands and programs to vessels, but i think is not as realistic as this. Any way to integrate these two? say i write the program to change orbits to a probe in jool, but to send it i need a connection and it has Lightspeed lag. it would be Incredible!

Saw the readme/changelog updates and video earlier, but just got home. Haven't had a chance to play with the new version yet. So: does radar altitude function at any altitude, or does it only register when close to the ground?

Edit:

Well, don’t get the error on the terminal anymore but it will not execute the command. It will do everything up until that point.

I can verify this isn't working.

Edit2:

"wait until stage:liquidfuel < 360" causes execution to hang.

"print stage:liquidfuel." prints correct value.

Edit3:

"print alt:radar." outputs a "-1.00" over deep water. I'm guessing it has an upper limit in the 3000 range (like the dial), but it's reading from the sea floor, not the water surface.

Edited by razark

Holy moly, this is a cool mod!

When you get the outstanding bugs stabilized :)

I'd also like to add my voice to the allowing of RemoteTech integration and add on another twist:

Maybe create messages to be sent directly to an installed plugin's event handlers similar to what you're most likely doing to access the game interface directly.

From a coding perspective something along the lines of:

Activate MJ.

Activate IR.

MJ Smartass Surf(90,90,0).

Target "Jool".

MJ Maneuver Hohmann.

IR HydraulicLifter1 Increment -2.

IR HydraulicLifter1 Set 40.

Set X=<IR:HydraulicLifter1>.

Just some thoughts to hopefully inspire you to greater integration with other mods and bring some serious awesome (even more than it already is) to the game.

I'd like to weigh in this one. While I'd be flattered to have the devs include it in the game (and they have my full support if that's what they want!) I do not expect them to do that, and I don't know that it really makes sense as anything other than a mod.I think if the devs were to include it, it would be a huge liability in a lot of ways. They would have to offer support for it, and while nobody's forcing you to use it, scripting would then become 20% of what it means to play KSP. It's probably a huge divergence from their current plans for the game.If the devs (and other users) have fun playing with it on their off hours, my mission is complete. (And if Scott Manley reviews it.)
Does face punch provide support for expression2 Asides from a wiki?Great mod btw. Can't wait to try it. Any hope for having the CPU name and map all parts Ina vessel, and read their status? I'd love to throw an alarm seconds before my ship disintegrates.

so realizing that a large part of this request is out of your control... i would love to see this integrate with other mods.

mechjeb- ascent guidance, auto-staging, hohmann transfers, auto-docking, etc. programming those things in the kos language seems daunting, setting stages by fuel usage can be tricky... i'm not even sure how a hohmann transfer or auto-dock would be calculated...

remotetech- send programs to remote control units, re-target antennas, etc.

kethane- activate/deactivate scanners/drills/converters

infernal robotics- control robotic parts

also, an external editor would be nice, a scripts directory containing text files possibly? then people could share their scripts, copy and paste, etc. i dont' even think it would be hard to make a notepad++ dictionary for the language, syntax checking would be nice...

keep up the good work. i approve of this mod.

You can already do most of those things with this mod. This mod isn't for people who want to push buttons. It's for people who want to do things their own way and aren't afraid to write some script to get there. It can already activate or deactivate anything that has an Action group. I have a perfectly functioning ascent and orbit script. Hohmann transfers are easy. It's just a flat burn then circ at apoap or periaps whatever you prefer. Because it can toggle action groups it can already interact with Infernal robotics. The external editor is called notepad. The scripts are stored in a folder called Archive in plain text.

Seems like everything you are asking for is already here but for the remote tech thing. I am not sure what it would take to get this working over remote tech link and I don't care to speculate. I would be nice if it did. Then you could program your movements in advance.

Edited by Payload

Here you go: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/47693-WIN-the-kOS-IDE

Just a little suggestion:

- It would be awesome to start in the last "mounted" volume. so i doesn't have to "switch to archive." everytime i revert to launchpad. (Edit: something like autoexec.cfg ?)

- Would it be possible to implement the uparrow/downarrow key to switch through last written lines?

Anyway this getting better and better with every update, i really appreciate your work! thank you so much!

Edited by StainX

Just a little suggestion:

- It would be awesome to start in the last "mounted" volume. so i doesn't have to "switch to archive." everytime i revert to launchpad. (Edit: something like autoexec.cfg ?)

- Would it be possible to implement the uparrow/downarrow key to switch through last written lines?

Anyway this getting better and better with every update, i really appreciate your work! thank you so much!

My world for an autoexec.txt. I could easily run a simple UI OS with that. I already have a working UI for my launch to orbit script. It only lets you scroll through preset values and select one but it could easily be expanded.