Voyager-1

Hello. I just wanted to know is there a limit to how far of the Solar System you can send a ship before the space Kraken hits? I wanted to know because I day ago I checked in on my Voyager-1 probe which was on escape trajectory from the Sun. It had been flying out of the Solar System for around seven years of game time and about two months of real time. It was at around double that of Eeloo's furthest point from the Sun. I went to check on it and all my intruments when black. The screen was flying all over the place wildly. So I was wondering is there a limit to how far out something can go before it starts to glitch out? Thank you.

It may vary; I lost a three man capsule on its way to Duna just yesterday. Same sort of problem you're describing - I went to check on them and the screen went black. Only the navball remained (and it was empty), with the speed gauge reading "NaN m/s". Space center tried to vanish on me too...I ultimately had to completely exit out of the program before it would work again. And then my ship was gone when the game reloaded. To put it mildly, I was irritated...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. It may be a one time bug. I just hope the space kraken gets fixed soon. I am currently replicating the Voyager 1 and 2 as well as Pioneer 10 and 11, sending them on escape trajectory out of the solar system into interstellar space. By the way, did you hear that Voyager 1 has finally entered interstellar space?

Voyager 1 hasn't really entered "interstellar space" yet. It's still in our solar systems hemosphere, and there's still a chance it could get ripped apart during that part of it's journey. Other than that, it sounds like you have a gyro kraken. It makes everything "spin out" and destroy everything, then can cause other glitches and bugs to be activated. It has had several fixes implemented, but if you are on an escape velocity, it tends to happen more.

Interesting. It may be a one time bug. I just hope the space kraken gets fixed soon. I am currently replicating the Voyager 1 and 2 as well as Pioneer 10 and 11, sending them on escape trajectory out of the solar system into interstellar space. By the way, did you hear that Voyager 1 has finally entered interstellar space?

I checked an old mission last night, It is at over 800 billion meters out after 5 Kerbal years of game play.

Today, I was demoing the game for a military and space museum. I turned some young teens loose on the laptop who designed a ridiculous two stage pancake with a probe that actually stayed together in flight straight up. That probe with the second stage attached, not only escaped Kerban, it was still flying way past Eeloo at over 5,000m/sec 180 Kerbal days later.

Has to be a glitch as only standard 1.25 X 6 meter tanks and 195kn engines from Nova Punch were used and no braces.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.