SAS makes my Rocket spin

My suspicion is that you don't have enough reaction wheel torque to counteract the spin. Most rockets without SAS tend to spin (assuming it's a roll) quite a bit..

Alternatively, if you try to face the rocket too far out of its current direction, it would go into uncontrollable stall and do all sorts of mad stuff - so the solution is to turn your rocket more slowly (keeping the brown bit on the navball closer to the yellow bit)

• 1 year later...

sorry to necro an old thread but this is the first thing that Google shows.

rockets can be off balance, or have more drag to one side.

asparagus staging can throw it off, the fuel lines don't always keep up with demand, or you may have placed 1 fuel line instead of 2+, or the other fuel line is attached to something without fuel crossfeed.

i think in stock, there is more drag (unrealistic amounts) at the front and center of rockets, so when flying up the drag will err, "pull" these areas more, throwing off the CoM/CoL/control balance you put into your rocket.

a thruster may wobble too, struts will solve it. more prevelent with smaller parts attaching to larger ones and radial thrusters with nothing to push up.

straying too far from prograde will usually destabilize the flightpath in atmosphere.

if sas is pulling one way when you turn it off, you may have accidentally added trim to it (alt+wasdqe) alt+x will reset it.

if you put wings on your rocket your on your own... the aerodynamics are very bad...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.