[1.0.2] Persistent Trails - record, share and replay track data! (May 14, V1.2)

SirJodelstein

The most problematic cases are with B9 parts etc where there are lots of differently named mu files in one folder. In that case, it's very likely it would pick the first found, which would be wrong in all but one case.

The only "perfect" solution is to parse the raw cfg file, if you can determine the right one in that mess, and make some rules to say, if there is a model node, search for the model value after that, else use the old model = , else do model.mu etc.

That's not a quick job though, and for all parts that follow the normal rules, it wasn't necessary, so I chose not to waste time on it.

(In case it wasn't clear, the problem is that, according to what I've found, the actual name of the model is not listed in any in game value on the part. I may have missed something)

In the loading progress, the code already uses the config files; so I used this instead:

* check for model.mu

* if that fails, read config,

* grap the first one

modelPath = cfg[i].config.GetNode("MODEL").GetValue("model");
newModel = GameDatabase.Instance.GetModel(modelPath);

And my B9 plane shows up, with artifacts however... mmmm

Edited by MSD

• 2 weeks later...
I really like you mod- :) but I was trying to follow one of my trails with a plane and couldn't catch up. So what if you made it so we could switch to the planes that are flying in replay mode to follow them around.

yes, yes! this would be AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm a noob with Github, and no idea how to create a branch; but perhaps anyone could replace:

File: master/CraftLoader.cs ( line: 157 )

string modelPath = cfg[i].parent.parent.url + "/" + "model";

with:

string modelPath = cfg[i].config.GetNode("MODEL").GetValue("model");

The config file is read anyway, so with this change the mod support files that have a different name for the model than model.mu. (this allows support for most mod packages like KSO and B9)

Github: https://github.com/MarijnStevens/KSPPersistentTrails

Edited by MSD

I'm not sure if it's just my blondness, or that it's broken for .25, but it doesn't seem to work for me :/

extra info:

Its hard to get that trail, for some reason it looks like I need to spam the record button, and when it is there, it doesn't wanna save...

[edit]

The extra clicking thingy is my blondness, oops. Anyways, it doesn't wanna save..

Edited by PikachuNL

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to work fine in .25 for me, well almost.. I'm pretty sure it's been crashing my game occasionally (not 100% sure because I have other mods, but fairly certain because it's the only one that showed an error in the logs), but other than that I haven't had any problems with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all.

It has been a long time since I worked with this great mod.

It 'seems' to be working just fine for me in 25.0..

I am looking for any documentation that would tell me what the output columns in the .trk are...

My only list for this is way back when this first came out..

many thanks.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I tested this, but I am not sure that it works properly. The menu shows up and I seem to be able to record a trail, but some of the necessary details the menu seem to be missing when I compare then to Youtube clips.

Has anyone with prior experience with this mod tested it?

I have had another look at this today. In 0.90 replay feature now works (yay) but the ship geometry is... uh... heh :D

JV1CE8J.jpg?2

In case it's not obvious, all the various different kinds of wings used in the craft seem to be rendering as the same 2x1 structural wing (although there DO seem to be one or two others hidden in there, hrm). I haven't looked at the code but I peeked around in the mod folder, and cross-checked with the squad parts folders. As far as I can see the crf file has the right names for the parts (they match the config files names). My first thought was that it doesn't know where to look for spaceplane parts... but the wing that is being rendered is also a part in the SPP folder, so again *shrug*.

Edited by allmhuran

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just directed to this mod after opening a discussion about a gameplay recording tool in the Feature Request forum - this looks awesome, and VERY close to what I was talking about, and I would like to put my 2 funds into hoping this gets updated. =)

Well hello everyone, I have finally resurfaced from a long KSP hiatus. Seems like this little mod still gets some "please update" requests, so I will try to make it compatible with 1.0.2. I am seriously considering a switch to the new AppLauncher toolbar. Are people still using blizzy's toolbar these days?

So yeah, stay tuned, but no promises. I am way too much into playing and enjoying the release version of KSP to sink a lot of time into mod development :-) If anyone else wants to build a spin-off or continuation version from this just drop me message, I'll be happy to redirect any potential users to you!

Well hello everyone, I have finally resurfaced from a long KSP hiatus. Seems like this little mod still gets some "please update" requests, so I will try to make it compatible with 1.0.2. I am seriously considering a switch to the new AppLauncher toolbar. Are people still using blizzy's toolbar these days?

Blizzy's is still preferable to the AppLauncher, since while I hear the AppLauncher will scroll when it holds too many buttons, Blizzy's still lets you show as many buttons as you want, where you want, across multiple toolbars, with direct control over what buttons appear in what scene, etc. So still way more flexible. Most mods nowadays have an option to choose between the two, you can check source for Kerbal Alarm Clock, Ship Manifest, Alternate Resource Panel - all these (and more) let ppl swap between Blizzy and AppLauncher without having to restart the game.

So glad to hear an update may be coming along. This tool is invaluable for calculating my launch travel distances so I can then factor it into my orbital distances calculated by KSPTOT and get a very accurate travel distance for all my craft since launch. Also great for my infographics:

Zkb8RfK.png

I just published an update that makes this plugin compatible with 1.0.2 - check the OP. Also, this plugin is now available on KerbalStuff.

Notice: You need the toolbar plugin. I have not (yet) implemented integration with the stock Application Launcher Toolbar.

I just published an update that makes this plugin compatible with 1.0.2 - check the OP. Also, this plugin is now available on KerbalStuff.

Notice: You need the toolbar plugin. I have not (yet) implemented integration with the stock Application Launcher Toolbar.

Is there no hotkey for displaying the window?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.