What do you think about new KSP 0.22 preview viido?

Pawelk198604

Finally being able to do some science is awesome! The new subassembly loader will make building space-shuttle-esque craft easier. Still hoping for more symmetry options in the VAB, though.

I also hope they eventually add a seperate folder/subfolders for mod parts. I'd like to be able to easily reference which is a stock part and which is a mod part.

Outro was wicked.

Guest Brody_Peffley
You know what's going to be interesting is all the challenges that come after this update. "Land on Eeloo without any tech advances" and stuff like that.

Yeah, And to have a alot of antenneas

I'm sure that they meant a container to COLLECT specimens when they labeled it a "specimen container" and specimen does not necessarily mean a biological organism. (moon rocks are specimens). However, with that being said, yes please marmots.

Why do we need such a large container to return samples? The Apollo astronauts just brought back samples inside their capsules.

I'm hoping that telescope is functional, even if it's to just look at existing space bodies :)

Anyway, I hope you weren't thinking if detaching that science habitat module containing the wildlife just for aesthetics!! Think of the poor critters you're leaving to drift forever in space!!!

Probably the last portion of food will be the poison :D

Well, since they're apparently not going to break saves again (which I'm happy about, don't get me wrong) I will have to figure out which 0.21 vessels will be updated to include science stuff...I kinda like the idea of introducing that to a 0.21 save: "After the Kerbals went to space, they discovered the power of science". Since I'm going to continue my sandbox main save, the parts may be kinda useless, but I'm still happy that they exist!

For the subassemblies I also hope we can organise them in folders - and if you do that, squad, please bring this feature to the VAB and SPH vessel lists. In said main save it already starts to get cluttered, and I haven't been to the mun there yet :(

All the features shown in the video look absolutely awesome!

I haven't been actively playing lately because I feel like there's nothing really left to do after having landed everywhere. These new additions will breathe new life in the game for me.

I'd like to see special, locked research options that require you to do a specific mission to unlock them. So not everything unlocks with the "x amount of science points" method.

Love all the science stuff, the sub-assembly loader and the R&D stuff. I'm just starting to run out of things to do on sandbox and all this could improve on that.

However, I think the R&D building makes KSC look a bit too cluttered and messy. The number of small buildings all together makes the area behind the VAB look too busy. I'd much prefer it if the R&D department was a single, cleaner looking building.

At present it is already hard enough to get a (space)craft at it's destination. It seems the player will be forced to do all kinds of additional launches (and research) to enable the use of certain parts. That resembles Civilization. In Civilization, i consider it functional but i don't like it in KSP.

At present it is already hard enough to get a (space)craft at it's destination. It seems the player will be forced to do all kinds of additional launches (and research) to enable the use of certain parts. That resembles Civilization. In Civilization, i consider it functional but i don't like it in KSP.

I see what you mean. It doesn't seen like we we'll be getting many updates to the flight model any time soon either. In fact, the few things there yet to be added (Re-entry heat, consumables, better aerodynamics, etc) will make things more difficult.

I don't think having science nodes will increase difficulty of flights much. Instead, I think it will be an introduction to a separate part of the game; the space program part. I think the added difficulty from hereon will stem from managing our space programs and not so much from flying them.

I don't understand the argument of 'sandbox isn't going anywhere'. The point being made in the first place is that career mode doesn't look fun or interesting, not "I am not going to play career mode". These people clearly would like a career mode and would love to play it however the issue is what they have seen is not what they have envisioned and/or not what they want. They want something different in career mode, they aren't complaining of its existence all together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.