help to get back into KSP

littlecheese999

i love the game to bits, but its hard to get back into, i have a blank save which i just cant bring my self to play on (i have no other saves, btw) i have landing on the mun and minmus 1000000000000000000000 times its just boring, i have been to a few planets but i cant seem to get back into it, i probably will with the next update, that will make it interesting, but in the mean time i think(at random moments) "lets go on ksp! it will be fun!" 10 mins later im like "go on ksp they said, it will be fun they said" how can i get back into it?

Edited by littlecheese999

I decided I wanted one of my little fellas to drive a beach buggy on Laythe. Took me ages, but having to think my way through it all was inspiration enough. Set yourself a challenge and work it all out.

8B3AB57AF542F8019FC7FB80DC0BBDE7A4D79B7B

Also I just installed the MapSat mod so now I'm planning missions to map everywhere. Grab the kethane mod or this mapping one, a new challenge.

375947934FF2839B42A4B51391657F3DB4C29CE9

Edited by Monkeh

i love the game to bits, but its hard to get back into, i have a blank save which i just cant bring my self to play on (i have no other saves, btw) i have landing on the mun and minmus 1000000000000000000000 times its just boring, i have been to a few planets but i cant seem to get back into it, i probably will with the next update, that will make it interesting, but in the mean time i think(at random moments) "lets go on ksp! it will be fun!" 10 mins later im like "go on ksp they said, it will be fun they said" how can i get back into it?

Just take a break and wait until the game "calls for you" again.

I myself had a period where i grew tired and didnt really play the game properly for quite some time, but after a while i suddenly got some new ideas which brought back the joys of playing it.

There is loads more you can do than sending kerbals to moon and back..

Been there. I build some really good planes, and I was thinking of building some ocean going vessels just for s**ts and giggles.

I bounce back and forth between doing practical engineering missions and aesthetic craft design.

If you're bored of functional designs, browse through the spacecraft exchange forum, get some ideas, and build something pretty.

If you're bored of pretty things, take a look through the challenge section of the forum and start learning tricks for doing things more efficiently.

Heh. I headed down my current path because of how I built and flew in the demo. I kept failing to make it to the Mun. I believe my thinking was thus:

"We have tried every reasonable thing to get to the Mun, and we have failed."

"Perhaps it is time to try the unreasonable."

The course was set, the skipper had one too many, the wheelman was nearsighted, and off we went to map the rocky shores of Kerbal Engineering. The hard way.

To the OP, build a shuttle! Use whatever mods you choose (the more the merrier). Develop, test, and use it to build a station or interplanetary spaceship. If all else fails, quit! Hopefully the devs will come around to solving this (gaping) issue.

Example:

FaQb910.png

ZMPVOaQ.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.