What happened to the forums?

Captain Sierra

I'm thrilled that they are back but that maintenance seemed a lot longer than normal maintenance takes. Anybody know why it was down so long? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Squad did what they had to do. Now that they are back, we can all be happy and thank them for a job well done. I'm just curious about the time it took. If anyone has theories or if someone from Squad cares to enlighten us, feel free. I am just curious about what all went in to this marathon maintenance the forums underwent (Aside from the obvious that is fixed editor buttons, THANKS SQUAD!).

I'm just curious about the time it took. If anyone has theories or if someone from Squad cares to enlighten us, feel free. I am just curious about what all went in to this marathon maintenance the forums underwent (Aside from the obvious that is fixed editor buttons, THANKS SQUAD!).

I'm curious what makes you so curious.

Hey guys, we migrated to a bigger, faster server after realizing the forums were starting to get a bit sluggish and unreliable. The migration took a bit longer than expected, and after our forums came back up, we had a hacktivist group redirect them to their site.

We took everything down and curated the site in a matter of minutes, but we spent some time making sure that everything was squeaky clean and that nothing had been compromised before reinforcing our security and putting the forums back online.

We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but also happy to report no data was compromised whatsoever.

Hey guys, we migrated to a bigger, faster server after realizing the forums were starting to get a bit sluggish and unreliable. The migration took a bit longer than expected, and after our forums came back up, we had a hacktivist group redirect them to their site.

We took everything down and curated the site in a matter of minutes, but we spent some time making sure that everything was squeaky clean and that nothing had been compromised before reinforcing our security and putting the forums back online.

We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but also happy to report no data was compromised whatsoever.

Well . . . . damn hackers.

Glad to see you guys have been hard at work and I look forward to seeing the release of .22. Glad to hear from yall as always and thanks for such a fast response Max!

I am pretty sure the chinese- or North-korean government was behind the hack-attack.

Gathering all the intelligence for their own Spaceprogramms :D

They're Jealous of our ability to completely disregard life support and safety just to get to space

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.