[WEB] Parachute Calculator - Updated!

check

The KSP Parachute Calculator site has been updated! - http://ksp.freeiz.com/

The calculator will now not only tell you the total mass of parachutes that you need, but will tell you the specific number of chutes that you need (of any kind of your choosing, including drogue chutes).

AND it lets you add, subtract, mix and match any combination of stock chutes and see what effect that will have on your landing speed.

I'm still developing this site, so suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Edited by check

I get FireFox's standard Connection Has Timed Out.

Both from home and from work.

Just tried IE. It fails, too.

Hmmm. I don't know why that would be. I'm definitely getting traffic to the site so maybe you've got freeiz.com blocked by some application? Maybe you need to update your DNS? Sorry, not sure what else it could be!

Hmmm. I don't know why that would be. I'm definitely getting traffic to the site so maybe you've got freeiz.com blocked by some application? Maybe you need to update your DNS? Sorry, not sure what else it could be!

Clearly my problem, not yours.

I'm four martinis in, so I'll have to work on this tomorrow.

BTW, ping resolves your URL to 31.170.161.216. Is this the correct address?

Regards,

TML

• 2 weeks later...
Site isn't working for me on Chrome. "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ksp.freeiz.com Access a cached copy of ksp.*freeiz.*com"

Tried using the IP address above directly with the same issue.

Yeah that's strange. Sometimes I need to hit shift+reload to get the site working. My host sucks. If anyone can recommend a good, free host, I might shuffle the site over to that.

When I saw the name of this thread, I was wondering what the purpose could possibly be. Must say I'm surprised at how useful I think I'll find this in the future. My thanks for your time on it.

Also,

4LD4b.png

I chuckled a lot harder than I really should have at this. Thanks again.

When I saw the name of this thread, I was wondering what the purpose could possibly be. Must say I'm surprised at how useful I think I'll find this in the future. My thanks for your time on it.

Thanks. I was pretty surprised to find that no one had made something similar before... it was pretty much just guesswork and hoping that you have enough chutes. Happy with the way it turned out.

Also,

4LD4b.png

I chuckled a lot harder than I really should have at this. Thanks again.

Haha! Glad you found that :)

The site still doesn't work for me. I recommend nearlyfreespeech.net , they are extremely inexpensive(under a dollar a month)

Thanks I'll look into that. I don't really know why some people get errors and some don't, though. It's frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I like this tool but the page has display errors for me. See my screenshot. My Browser is Firefox 25 ("Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0").

Thanks for letting me know and posting a screenshot. I had tested the page on the major browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and it looked okay on Firefox 25 on Windows 7. I wish I knew more about web design that I could narrow down what the issue is for you... I'll look into it.

Thanks for letting me know and posting a screenshot. I had tested the page on the major browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and it looked okay on Firefox 25 on Windows 7. I wish I knew more about web design that I could narrow down what the issue is for you... I'll look into it.

I have no idea if this is a proper solution: Removing the height attribute from the #mission_src class in chute.css solves the problem. Firefox and Chrome seemingly adapt the height according to the content in that case.

I have no idea if this is a proper solution: Removing the height attribute from the #mission_src class in chute.css solves the problem. Firefox and Chrome seemingly adapt the height according to the content in that case.

Thanks! I Made the change it looks fine on my browsers.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.