Serial Multiplayer Space Program [0.22+Kethane+KAS]

haha...Greetings.

I've been to California Disneyland btw...Is actually the same with HongKong and Japan Disneyland...The equipment and facilities etc..The best was the Japan Disneyland, they got the 'feel' there..environmentally. (Example: Most of the Japanese guess there wearing carton costume, pretty fun. Most importantly they enjoy it.)

Ok. Back to thread topic...

How do you think nevermoto is doing the mission? seems take him long enough.

A little bit ago, I was tempted to usurp the save file and post results, but I'm pretty buzzed now.

It's actually a mission I would have liked to complete. And it seems that nevermoto is going to complete it precisely in a way that I wouldn't.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. But, if nothing happens in the next sixteen hours or so, I'm grabbing it.

TML

Well, while waiting..

Something would like you to take a look, and give some advice.

Below are the zekes-FRANK-1 air-plane. It fly so well that It can reach 2000++m/s easily... I'm trying to analyze it make it my Surface to Orbit Carrier..

zekes - FRAK-1

I've added 2 small RockMax.

MiK2N6Z.png

And a small fuel tank.

8nX48p2.png

And able to make it Standard Orbit.

0oB5E3v.png

Edited by Sirine

Oh...and if you ever make your way to California again, look me up.

I've got modest guest accommodations (a couch, blanket, and pillow), an extensive board game collection (nearly 500 board games), I brew my own beer, and I'm a decent cook.

Haha, thanks for the hospitality you offer. I don't think I can make it in near future, I'm have 2 kids to look after..one 2 years old and the other one only 6 months.

Anyhow I'm playing KSP at office. While working...a very...boring working environment I would say.

zekes-FRANK-1

Analysis Report:-

6-1 Intake-Engine Ratio.

Control Fin:-

Small Control Surface 0.5 x 12 pcs.

Tail fin 0.3 x 2pcs.

Wings:-

Structure Wing 1 x 12 pcs.

Wing Connector 1 x 16 pcs

Delta Wing 1.9 x 4 pcs

Fuel:-

Mk2 Fuselage x1 160

Mk2 to size 1 Adapter x 2 80

Weight 8.68 tons...

Lets see if I can create one with the component listed.

It's midnight here, I'm really pretty drunk, and I know less about space planes than your mom.

yeah....I see the ambiguity in that statement.

To clarify...I know less about space planes than your mom knows about space planes.

I know your mom plenty.

I'm going to bed.

TML

Edited by ThreeMartiniLaunch

sorry this is taking so long!

Victory lap around the mun will be postponed, craft is built, will be launched in 2 stages and docked at the science station, probably an hour tops assuming all goes well

GxIQxzn.jpg

Edit: I'm using mechjeb for construction and dV calculation, mechjeb removed prior to launch.

Cant say I'm not disappointed. After a day you just give us an image?At lease give us some description how is the progress,and for how long you need to take.

Bring this 66.25tons baby to Kerbin orbit is not easy.

Edited by Sirine

ok, I've got the file.

Mission:

1) Design a ferry capable of the following

a) Minimum dV of 2580 with 50T load

B)
4 Kerbal crew capacity + remote guidance

c) Capable of Mun or Minmus landing with careful flying.

I. Not Recommended

II. Designed for empty landing (no modules / docking ports empty aside from those holding the ship together)

d) Kethane scanner + minimal Kethane kit (miner, processor, 1000 storage) for refuel if on the surface.

e) 2x minimum docking clamps of each size

2) Launch / Assemble Ferry into LKO (empty, no Kerbals)

3) Dock with Near-point station (Mun)

a) (Optional) Prior to docking, land on Mun, refuel on the surface, transfer 1000 Kethane to near-point station.

4) Dock with Science station (Kerbin)

Has it really been 32 hours?

Sorry this took forever, i way underestimated how long this was going to take. In the future I'll design ahead before claiming the file.

Many countless hours have gone by in the creation of the Mun Bus, but the Mun Bus has finally arrived.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Sorry again, it wasn't my intention to take this long. I'm prepping the upload file now.

Mission #13 Complete!

Screenshots above

Mission Report:

Mun bus was designed, launched, constructed in orbit and docked at the Kerbin Science station. Mun bus is highly modular, with a wide variety of docking options. Mun bus comes pre-equipped with a fuel module/lander for extended duration missions. Mun bus contains two habitation modules capable of supporting 4 Kerbals, however the Mun Bus and Lander/Fuel module do not require crew. 2 overeager Kerbals snuck on a Habitat Module during the construction, and will have to be returned or utilized at some point.

Warning: Action Group 2 toggles retro thrusters, but also toggles landing thrusters on the lander. It is recommended to not use landing thrusters and retro thrusters at the same time.

Stats

Part Count: 175 +- two or 3

Points claimed: to be tallied

Next Challenge:

1. Build a space station capable of holding 1440 Liquid Fuel 1760 Oxidizer (one rockomax X200-32 worth) and 4000 units of kethane.

A. (Optional) Kethane Tank Full, empty is fine otherwise.

2. Station must be able to support 2 crew.

3. Station must contain at least 2 open docking ports.

A. 1 Standard Port (no sr or jr) required.

4. Insert station into orbit around Minmus.

5. (Optional) Include emergency ascent / descent vehicle with the station, to evacuate kerbals from the minmus surface in case of, emergency.

A. Station must still contain 2 open docking ports if included.

B. Must be capable of landing on any point on Minmus, and returning to the orbiting station.

C. 1 crew minimum capacity.

D. Vehicle must contain at least 1 empty crew space.

Edit: The file was uploaded as SMSP013_b in the shared folder, there was another SMSP013 in there at the time, i'm not sure what that was.

Edited by nevermoto

Congratulation nevermoto. finally you did it. I'm not the one upload the SMSP013...might be someone else.

Question:-

1) 4k Kethane need to be fill up? or just empty tank will do?

2) Does crew need to be onboard? Or just module for holding up to 2 crews?

3) Docking port size? Any size?

Edited by Sirine
Add question...

Thanks, it took way to long, i need to design launch platforms before hand and use the subassembly manager more.

1) 4K Kethane capacity empty

2) No crew onboard, just capacity, remote control required.

3) 1 docking port must be of standard size (not jr or sr). The other may be of any variety.

Edit: Optional emergency vehicle

1)min capacity 1, must be empty

2)emergency vehicle capacity not included towards station crew count. Station must still have a 2 crew capacity with emergency vehicle separated.

3)must be capable of landing on any point on Minmus, and returning safely to the station.

Edited by nevermoto

Mission #14 Complete!

Mission Report:

Designed the Minimus station and got it there with 2 Escpae/Rescue crafts tied to it (pretty neat ones!). Then i got bored and made a Minimus Kethane miner in small and got 4 Kilokethane up there. Lander and Rescue are working fine, well okay the Rescue craft was never tested but it would properly work out, i guess. But i messed up the Kethane Converter on the station since i build it the Kerbal way :)

Oh, and while i assigned someone to the lander can he did not make it somehow, prop checking out the R&D desgins in Mission Control or something. My recording software does not like KSP and crashed pretty late so i just have very few shots.

Stats

Part Count: 128 all in all

Next Challenge:

1. Make the station go a nicer way not this ugly orbit i prefer something around 40k and 40°

2.Test the rescue craft, bring it down and up again!

3.Bring a second permanet Kerbal to the Station

Edited by Radiokopf

My personal opinion. Build a craft and ask other to use it via mission is a bit over. This should be avoid at possible. imagine that I would like you to use my EVE mk2 to perform its design goal. Will you do it? If you got no problem with that the next mission will surely be something like....that.

Mission #14 Complete!

Mission Report:

Designed the Minimus station and got it there with 2 Escpae/Rescue crafts tied to it (pretty neat ones!). Then i got bored and made a Minimus Kethane miner in small and got 4 Kilokethane up there. Lander and Rescue are working fine, well okay the Rescue craft was never tested but it would properly work out, i guess. But i messed up the Kethane Converter on the station since i build it the Kerbal way :)

Oh, and while i assigned someone to the lander can he did not make it somehow, prop checking out the R&D desgins in Mission Control or something. My recording software does not like KSP and crashed pretty late so i just have very few shots.

Stats

Part Count: 128 all in all

Next Challenge:

1. Make the station go a nicer way not this ugly orbit i prefer something around 40k and 40°

2.Test the rescue craft, bring it down and up again!

3.Bring a second permanet Kerbal to the Station

Congratulation on your mission successï¼Â

My personal opinion. Build a craft and ask other to use it via mission is a bit over. This should be avoid at possible. imagine that I would like you to use my EVE mk2 to perform its design goal. Will you do it? If you got no problem with that the next mission will surely be something like....that.

I don't have a problem with it. Had a good time figuring out the Triton Miner. Given, ship should work and not be overly difficult to fly. Would seem to make sense for longer journey's too, but I've never landed anything outside of Kerbin/Mun/Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.