Your current Space Program

mangekyou-sama

Been doing the Mun a lot lately. Getting my lander better. Setting up a remotetech network that is reliable and covers all the major planets and Jools moons.

Got 77 active flights, too many to list. Thinking about going back to Duna and setting up a colony on Laythe. Currently rescuing a badly designed manned jool craft that had to come home and only just made it back. had to aerobrake to a 500x80 orbit at 25 degrees inclination and no fuel. I can report plucky Jendos made it back home ok.

I have treated my game as pretty much the one program from the start, despite the odd save breaker. As the majority of my missions are just "I'm going to space today for X"

I'll stick to ones that were significant events.

The Tester program-

These were piles of SRBs that could impact the Mun.

The Tenor program

Bigger stacks of SRbs, under liquid engines, that eventually landed Kerbals on the Mun and Minmus. Some even returned.

A Tenor later achieved Kerbin orbit, rather than just going up.

The Alto & Soprano programs.

Tried to make a Tenor-like rocket that would hold a three kerbal capsule. Didn't work that well.

Z-Rescue rocket development.

First time calculating delta V. Made it to the Mun and back, rescued kerbals from tenor, soprano, and early Z-rockets...

Continued on the side throughout the early space program.

Modified version installed Mun satellite network.

W-planet explorer.

Modified Z rocket, put Bill and crew on Duna.

Delivered four (cart mod) rovers, none of which lasted a week, and a satellite network.

Mun and Minmus exploration vehicles.

Cart mod based. Not that stable. Minmus one cruised a month.

Dres exploration vehicle. "Malteaser"

Prototypes tested on kerbin and Mun. Return stage launched separately, arrived before manned section, and deliver a satellite network.

Jeb became first to step on Dres, and eventually returned home.

Duna recovery mission.

Giving Bill and crew a way to get home, with a recovery system specially designed to make use of one clamp-o-tron junior I'd fortunately stuck on the side of the W-planet explorer, which only had the Delta-V to get to orbit. Also Delivered the Duna Explore-o-pod, and 4 sub-rovers. Travelled to the pole and back before returning successfully.

Mun base one.

Included the Munbase relocation project, and first kethane experiments.

Moho rocket "Mojo"

Actually assembled in orbit. Made it to Moho.

Bob became first to step on the innermost planet.

Counter-Kerbin telescope mission.

Adam and sons Eve system robotic mission, and Eve return module delivery.

The return module turned into a sundiver mission, partially as a glitch put the whole thing in a retrograde kerbol orbit...

Moho recovery mission. ("Getting my Mojo back")

"Mojo" had a spontaneous unplanned disassembly after making orbit. And it was orbiting the opposite way to the original return module...

--First hiatus---

Joolus Xena, the Jool system probe.

Visited, maped and landed rovers on all Jools moons with style. Also deployed a Jooldiver.

Actually, I didn't finish that, should re-visit some time.

Eel0oman.

An Eeloo probe and rover, that didn't glitch out, unlike its predecessors.

Two stage to the Mun tests.

Space shuttle development program.

Starfighter development.

And accompanying adventure, and patrol/survey missions.

Kerpollo.

ZX Munship development.

And associated rescues, survey missions, etc.

Construction of Mun Prograde City

Ongoing.

Construction of Moho mission II

Manned mission to the bottom of a mohole.

Planed/underconstruction

Eve one/Oceans of Eve.

Planned. Waiting for a certain mod to be working...

You may get a story out of this one, so stay tuned!

The adventures of Sh'tuule, the re-usable space ute.

Ongoing.

And that, is my space program history summed up.

YSLnfnSl.jpg

Edited by Tw1

It amazes me just how seriously people take all this nomenclature and mission profiling and stuff. I mean, each to their own and why the hell not but my approach has always been, "right then, where shall we attempt to go today? What shall we do when we get there?"

"Beach buggy on Laythe please!"

Right then, let's build a Laythe Lander...

So that's what it gets called, none of this, ARS stuff or serious naming.

Then I started naming my vessels after heroes in Dota 2 so here is the Dark Seer:

419A40D4D28C5FEB7B06EA9E1B6AF098DA6C9A73

Mine is very random basically, I got the MapSat mod so built a "MunMapper". Then I decided to get a kerbal to visit each of Jool's moons...still working on that one, seems a tricky task.

I've build my "Super Heavy Lifter" which has 19 mainsails and can lift an interplanetary stage and a lander to orbit with around 2000 m/s of delta v left to spare, so now iIneed to make some kind of Joolian tug thing and dock them all together in orbit and go form there. But yeah, my space program is much more LIDL than NASA.

Stuff everywhere and nothing really seems to fit properly.

Don't remember names of older missions but here's what I do remember and are not in order

Duna flyby craft test- went to minmus with one extra crew member in the crew tank he was later left in LKO and was retrieved by mark 5 craft. Andread Kerman currently under mental stability analysis after extended EVA

Duna flyby craft- mission successful returned after 347 days of studying duna and Ike from orbit (significant advances in studying space madness)

Eve flyby craft + 1 man gilly lander- mission suspended after multiple launch vehicle failures crew recovered successfully each time.

Sun tanner 1- successful landing on Moho after collision with transfer vehicle caused loss of solar panel during deorbit.

Eve probe one- successful landing on side of mountain after multiple failures during aero braking

Laythe 1- successful landing on coast

Space lab one- upon 4000 unit battery failure and failure to attach solar panel modual due to miscommunication about dock port size station crashed after successful "test" of escape pods during litho-braking. All crew recovered mentally unstable but alive

Edited by Requiem762

It amazes me just how seriously people take all this nomenclature and mission profiling and stuff. I mean, each to their own and why the hell not but my approach has always been, "right then, where shall we attempt to go today? What shall we do when we get there?"

"Beach buggy on Laythe please!"

Right then, let's build a Laythe Lander...

So that's what it gets called, none of this, ARS stuff or serious naming.

Then I started naming my vessels after heroes in Dota 2 so here is the Dark Seer:

419A40D4D28C5FEB7B06EA9E1B6AF098DA6C9A73

Mine is very random basically, I got the MapSat mod so built a "MunMapper". Then I decided to get a kerbal to visit each of Jool's moons...still working on that one, seems a tricky task.

I've build my "Super Heavy Lifter" which has 19 mainsails and can lift an interplanetary stage and a lander to orbit with around 2000 m/s of delta v left to spare, so now iIneed to make some kind of Joolian tug thing and dock them all together in orbit and go form there. But yeah, my space program is much more LIDL than NASA.

Stuff everywhere and nothing really seems to fit properly.

I also use names like `Laythe Mapping probe STOCK` `orbital rescue ship` etc. instead of prefix/suffix stuff. Sometimes I throw in something like (Unmanned RT KT MJ MS) but that is as far as I go.

I did a replica of NASA's Gemini missions.

Basically a Titan rocket with a small capsule on top. I used it to practice orbital maneuvers and, more specifically, docking maneuvers. Culminating in launching two crafts, back to back, and then docking them manually. It was a lot of fun. And because it had some base in reality, it let me pretend to feel what those guys must really have felt. I followed shortly after with an Apollo style Mun landing to mark the anniversary. I tell you what: I can't imagine what those guys must have gone through the first time they pushed away from Earth and headed into the black just hoping and praying that their math was correct...

My Titan missions are here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42505-The-Titan-Missions-an-Education-in-Space-lots-of-pics

Currently, I'm not doing a full scale space program. Just taking missions that I want to try and doing them one-at-a-time.

My current program has 2 flights in progress.

The MS-1 mission, which is mapping Kerbin.

And the KerSta-1 which is currently 75% complete and in orbit with its tug at 90km orbit.

I have 3 shuttles/space plane that I use for all my cargo needs to orbit.

But this is on my current reinstall after I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to clean it up and fix some mod mistakes.

Well iv been playing with FAR, Deadly Reentry, Procedural Fairings etc installed and following a logical program development since .21 came out.

Here is a snapshot of what iv done...

Proteus A

- Solid Fuel Upper Atmosphere analysis

Proteus A I - Upper Atmosphere analysis and probe recovery, using solid rocket technology

Proteus A II - Suborbital flight, Atmosphere analysis, using solid rocket technology

Proteus A III - Orbital flight, using solid rocket technology and Liquid rocket augmentation

Proteus A IV - Orbital flight and return of data capsule, using solid rocket technology and Liquid rocket augmentation

Triton A

- Single Crew Missions Using Solid Fuel Rockets

Triton A 0 - First Suborbital Flight using Solid Fuel Rockets - Unmanned Boilerplate Triton A I

Triton A I - First Suborbital Flight using Solid Fuel Rockets.

Triton A II - Suborbital Flight using Solid Fuel Rockets. Reentry Rockets Used

Proteus K

- Kerbin SOI Study

Proteus K I - Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight

Proteus K II - Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight, Satellite return to splash down

Proteus K III - Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight Satellite containing own circularisation engine

Proteus K IV - Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight Satellite containing own circularisation engine Added Communication and experimentation. Polar Orbital

Proteus K V - Orbital Observation Satellite. Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight Satellite containing own circularisation engine.

Proteus K VI - Orbital Radio Observation Satellite. Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight Satellite containing own circularisation engine.

Proteus K VII - Improved Orbital Radio Observation Satellite. Liquid Fuelled Single Stage to suborbital flight Satellite containing own circularisation engine.

Triton S

- Single Crew Missions Using Liquid Fuel Rockets

Triton S 0 (TS101) - First Suborbital Flight using Liquid Fuel Rockets - Unmanned Boilerplate Triton S I

Triton S I Eclipse (TS111) - First Suborbital Flight using Liquid Fuel Rockets.

Triton S II Freedom(TS121) - First Orbital Flight using Liquid Fuel Rockets.

Triton S III Vision (TS131) - First Orbital change and use of RCS systems. First Space Walk

Triton S III Vanquish (TS132) - First Orbital Docking, involving Triton S III Triton S III d unmanned drone target.

Triton S III Vanguard (TS133 + TS134) - First Dual Crew Orbital Docking, involving Two Triton S III Craft.

Triton S IV Elevation (TS141) - First Craft to Enter Mun's SOI making a pass over its surface before returning to Kerbin.

Triton S IV Euphoria (TS142) - First Orbit and Return from the Mun.

Triton S IV Excel (TS143 + TS144) - Orbital docking in Mun orbit of Two Triton S IV Craft and Return from the Mun.

Triton S V Marathon (TS151)- First Craft to Enter Minmus SOI making a pass over its surface before returning to Kerbin

Triton S V Majestic (TS152) - First Orbit and Return from Minmus

Triton S VI Mercurial (TS161) - Orbit, Landing and Return from Minmus

Proteus SC

Proteus SC I - Communication Satellite Deployment System Proteus SC I, Launches using Modified Triton H II Rocket, Carries 4x SC Satellites

Kerbin Orbital Stations

Vanguard I

First station built, Single Small docking port.

Vanguard II

Second station built.Two Small docking ports, improved docking targeting and communications arrays

Astute LKO Station

-Astute Core Module

Core Module for the Astute LKO Station, Developed from the Vanguard I and II LKO Stations with addition of Docking Hub. Designed as a central unit with limited space for crew. Launched using a Triton H Ib Launch Vehicle.

-Tireless Module

Second Module added to the Astute station. Launched using a Triton H II Launch Vehicle. Attached to the large docking port on the Core module it provides a Kerbin observation area, along with multifunction docking hub.

-Talent Module

Third Module added to the Astute Station. Launched using a Triton H II Launch Vehicle. Attached to one of the smaller docking port on the Core module. Provides increased crew space and capacity, as well as storage space for consumables.

-Triumph Module

Fourth Module added to the Astute Station. Launched using a Triton H II Launch Vehicle. Attached to one of the smaller docking port on the Core module. Provides Laboratory space for internal experimentation, an emergency/backup Airlock and an additional Multifunction docking hub similar to that on the Tireless Module.

-Vanguard Module

The Fifth Module and last of those initially planned, Launched using a Triton H II Launch Vehicle. Provides increased numbers of solar arrays, some station keeping functionality and an airlock and space for external experimentation.

Just a quick overview of some of my program developments...

I'm currently building the Honolulu I in orbit around Kerbin, a ~200 ton, nuclear-powered monster designed to get to, land on, and return from Moho without refuelling.

The ship requires four launches and is 75% complete, it just needs the final booster module to be launched and connected. When complete all twelve nukes will fire to take us to Moho. When the side boosters are reduced to 25% fuel each, I'll transfer the remainder into the central module, decouple the boosters and proceed on three nukes. This should, assuming my flight goes well, be during my return burn to Kerbin.

I've tested the lander, which has enough fuel to get to Kerbin orbit from the launch pad, so I'm confident that it'll get to and from the Moho surface without a problem.

screenshot53_zps948106e7.png

She should be ready to go in a couple of days!

I started over again from scratch this weekend. I do that sometimes. Here is what I accomplished on Sunday afternoon:

1. Single manned orbital launch.

2. Launched a three-Kerbal vehicle into Kerbin orbit.

3. Launched a second three-Kerbal vehicle that rendezvoused with the first.

3. Launched a three-Kerbal vehicle that orbited the Mun and returned to Kerbin.

4. Manned Mun landing, Apollo-style, Munar Orbit Rendevous profile.

5. Manned Minimus landing with same model of rocket.

So far no accidents or injuries. With this save I'm trying to see just how much I can standardize everything. So far (aside from the single-pilot rocket which was only used once), I have only one three-man CSM and one two-man lander. The only lifter consists of a core stage that has either two or four boosters.

Tonight I'm going to see if I can turn the rocket from the Munar landing into a Duna mission with some minor modifications (larger fuel tank on the service module, and parachutes on the lander). Then I might start work on a space station.

I find it more fun to do progression of game play. I don't do strictly progression of technology as such though.

In .22 I just haven't had a lot of time. I think I am averaging one game play session a week for around 2-4hrs of game play.

Right now after some Mercury and Gemini missions (please give us a 2 person capsule!) I am on to Apollo. Apollo 1 was a series of disasters that tipped the lander, then lost the rover, then lost a kerbonaut heading back to the lander, then lost the lander and finally the sole remaining kerbonaut in orbit was lost when it was revealed that some engineer at the KSC forgot parachutes on the mission.

Celest Munar probe after Apollo 1 was highly successful and located a suitable landing spot for Apollo 2. After a complete engineering redesign and new mission control staff, Apollo 2 was a complete success. No hiccups in the mission and the rover portion was able to cover 26km on its circuit including placing a flag on the edge of an adjunct crater to the main terminator crater of the Mun 10.6km from the landing spot before returning and blasting off for the command module.

Pre-Apollo Skylab was launched earlier than expected and involved add-on modules to increase space.

Currently Kerbal Space Program chief administrators are determining the next mission. It may be a space plane based mission (possibly orbital, possibly sub-orbital). It is possible Apollo 3 may be launched or another Celeste mission to locate another suitable Apollo landing site. It also possible that the space program will reuse the Apollo space craft for a launch toward Minmus. Kerbal scientist concensus is that it is composed of mint chocolate ice cream, but the public is not entirely convinced and a mission to Minmus could go a long way toward restoring the publics confidence in the whole program after the disaster of Apollo 1 (Celeste and Apollo 2 not withstanding).

So i have basically three main operations going on:

Kerbin Space:

Asgard Station: Currently Manned (6), mission still on-going. Future: Bringing up 8 Orange tanks, more habitat modules and an escape pod system.

Kerbal Emergency Recovery craft Alpha-Gama: I have Seven of these un-maned recovery craft in orbit, you know just in case

IPV Odin: Just finished Phase one of construction. It's crewed by 10 brave Kerbins. It's primary mission will be to take it's two landers to duna and rescue Bob, Jeb and Bill. Secondary mission will be to deploy axiliery Lander, larger Habitation module and orbital haulers to Loki Station as well as deliver the Ike Base and RCS rover into system.

Duna:

Crashed Lander: Failed Duna lander that stranded Bill and Jeb on the surface.

Duna Mobil Shelter: Brought by Bob, currently has Bill and Jeb safely tucked away.

Loki Station: A small Research/refueling station in low Duna Orbit. Skeleton Crew (1 lonely and probably now insane Kerban)

Ike:

Ike Exploratory Probe: Small probe to explore the surface of Ike to find a suitable base for the Rebels.

Here's my current main missions:

Space Station One - Inhabited space station for research on the long term effects of Kerbals on space.

LKO Fuel stations - Very large but low part count stretchy tank based fuel stations. Currently one deployed, more planned

Munbase 1 - Munbase made from individual units.

Munbase 2 - Munbase made from one large rectangular unit, 28 kerbal capacity.

Mapnet missions - ISA mapsat equipped satellites sent to map all planets, Kerbin, Mun and Minmus completed so far.

Microrover missions - Probes with clusters of 8 tiny rovers for finding anomalies and scounting landing sites. Currently sent to Mun and Minmus, 3rd probe with parachute rovers waiting for Duna deployment.

Solar observatory - Ion powered ship sent to Low Kerbol orbit equipped with Ordan telescope

Deep space probes - 3 probes sent out on random Kerbin escape paths - destinations unknown, possible Jool rendezvous for DS1

The Union of Scientific Space Research (USSR) Mission Profile

Moho:

The K-19: Landed on Moho

Eve:

The K-20: Landed on Eve

Eve Venera Lander: Landed in the eveian ocean

Gilly:

The K-20: landed on Gilly

The Mün:

The K-21: Landed on Mün

Minimus:

The K-22: Landed on Minimus

Duna:

The K-23: Landed on Duna

Duna Rover: In transit

Duna Venera Lander: In pieces on north pole.

Ike:

The K-24: landed on ike

Dres:

The K-25: landed on dres

Edited by nuclearpower13
typo

Before 0.21.1 I haven't had any clear space programs. I had mission objectives that I completed (like the Mungoose series missiles that landed me Apollo-style on Mun and Minmus, and my first orbitally assembled interpalnetary mothership called KSS Pioneer that got me to Duna and back). After I had to switch to new save in 0.21 I started something much more coherent, inspired in many ways by Scott Manley's Reusable Space Program, imagining a reality where space travel was kind of everyday stuff, not just one-off missions like the Apollo-style missions).

So I started developing my first space station, Waypoint Station which I put into Kerbin orbit at 250 km that could service a wide array of ships, had a lot of fuel for refueling, and could hold 17 kerbals ready for transfer to anywhere needed. The best part is that the station is built from some standard modules that can be used in any configuration for further stations built, thus saving a lot of time designing.

After the station was ready I started designing a wide array of service ships to be used that can stay in space indefinately refueled time after time, performing some specific tasks:

OPTV (Orbital Personnel Transfer Vehicle): currently the Mk3 version, it houses 7 kerbals, and can easily get to either the Mun or Minmus, but if needed can perform transfer missions in Kerbin orbit. Currently only 1 is in orbit, but there are plans to launch more of the same design to have more transfer capabilities.

Orbital Shuttle: technically not a shuttle but a spaceship in its Mk2 iteration that can launch from KSC with 7 crew members, dock in Kerbin orbit for crew transfer, and if needed can return 7 kerbals to Kerbin safely. The current version detaches the engines at landing, so not really too reusable, but future versions are still in development.

Orbital refueler: an orbital refueler craft that can launch from Kerbin and service either a space station or any spaceship in orbit. Furthermore it can stay in orbit and be refueled for fuel transfer duty. Currently the Mk1 design is the only one that has flown, but better designs are in the works.

After Kerbin orbit was mostly serviced the main focus became the Mun. This was developed with the same spirit as the Kerbin development. At first some robotic rovers were landed, of these currently the Mk2 design is roaming the Mun, while the Mk3 design is still in development.

After this the first probes I started to make a permanent colonization.

The first part of this was Armstrong Station built from the same components as Waypoint Station, but in a bit different configuration. This could only house 8 Kerbals (in its current state), but can be expanded if needed.

After the permanent presence in orbit came the colonization the surface: the first manned missions with manned landers (for this I developed a lander that can stay docked to Armstrong Station, refueled and used for as many landings as needed. Current version is Mk3, but development of Mk4 is already underway). After the landing came the final development: Munar Base Alpha, which still only consists of 1 building, but will be developed more and more in the future.

For now though the main goals are heading 2 ways: Minmus and Interplanetary Space!

Eventual goal is to colonize Minmus as well (with the necessary equipment already mostly developed this should only be a matter of decision and determination), but kerbaldom seems to be more interested in interplanetary space.

As Duna has already been explored (not on this save, but whatever) the first goal is to get to Eve, and for this development and building has already begun on KSS Pioneer II, the newest interplanetary reusable spaceship, that will propel the kerbals into a troly spacefaring civilization!

I'm currently waiting for a window to jool, 3 spacecraft waiting to go on a laythe coloniztion mission.

Sadnly, I have yet to figure out a name for it. I may go with something along the lines of Triton or Poseidon or something of that nature.

Say hello to my Poseidon craft - ran this mission a few months ago. Great fun, very rewarding! You'll have to name yours Triton though, of course ;D

5rP1cSd.png

Current program is to set up a complete launch complex on Laythe; I have a craft factory on Minmus ( thank-you EL mod ), currently draining Minmus dry and I'm modelling runways & hangars and trying to work out how to make hangars store ships. I've probes & rovers headed to Jool - that one is carrying 5 mapping satellites - Eeloo and Moho at the moment, the others will get similar missions when the next windows arrive. Getting irritated with crashes again so I haven't been playing much.

I have a second save with ships all over the place, but that is serial missions as tests rather than a program.

The big theme of the program I'm running (RP'd as Zenith Scientific Incorporated, the company I dreamed up for Macey Dean's series) is modularity. Nearly every mission is composed of 2-8 separate mission modules docked to a large interplanetary ship. See the key at the bottom for acronym and vessel explanations. Large mission vehicles receive a name and the KSV designation, others stick with their generic model names.

I've got upwards of 60 flights going, so I'll just go by planetary bodies (inner to outer)

Format: Mission Name - Mission Modules - Purpose and delivery

Moho - Nothing yet. Considering building an unmanned mission there soon.

Eve - A few small lander missions, a Gilly lander, and a growing space station

-- Eve Polar Research Outpost - EARL - One-man exploration of Eve's polar regions, delivered by a ZSI Kestrel.

-- Viridian Plains Research Outpost - EARL - One-man exploration of Eve's equatorial regions, delivered by a ZSI Kestrel.

-- Eve Coastal Science Lander - HSL - Autonomous research of Eve's equatorial oceans, delivered by KSV Anagnorisis.

-- Ilium Base - Caelum Skycrane Base Habitation Module - Failed landing of a semipermanent research base. Spontaneous Unplanned Disassembly upon parachute deployment; crew survived in lander module, but the science lab and consumables were lost. Delivered by KSV Anagnorisis and detachable deorbit module.

-- Eden Station - 2x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo - Orbital station coordinating the ground teams, providing a refueling stop for mission vehicles, and carrying out on-orbit research. Delivered by HAT (fuel silo)

-- Pisces Lander - HAT - Repurposed tug as makeshift lander for preliminary measurements. Self-delivered.

Kerbin - Tons of missions here, obviously.

-- Project Constellation - Micro Commsat - Half-finished network of polar communications satellites. Self-delivered.

-- Zenith Space Lab - 2x Fuel Silo, 2x Habitation Trunk, 1x Observation Trunk - ZSI's top-notch refueling and orbital research station. All modules self-delivered.

-- KSV Anagnorisis - Anagnorisis-Class Medium Transport - In LKO, returned to Kerbin following a mission to Eve. One example, supplanted by the Revelation-class. Slated for decommisioning and insertion into exo-Munar graveyard orbit.

-- KSV Revelation - Revelation-Class Heavy Transport - In LKO, awaiting mission assembly for a resupply to Jool system missions.

-- KSV Odyssey - Odyssey-Class Medium Transport - In LKO, returned to Kerbin following a mission to Duna. Awaiting mission assembly for exploration of Dres.

-- Munar Space Lab - 1x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo, 1x Caelum Skycrane - Refueling and on-orbit science station in low Munar orbit. Also monitors the communication satellites around the Mun. Docked with a Kestrel light transport.

-- Ed White Research Base - 6x Caelum Skycrane Habitation Units - ZSI's largest and most well-staffed interplanetary base. Delivered piecemeal by skycrane and linked together by a module-mover rover.

-- Minmus Space Lab - 1x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo, 1x Caelum Skycrane - Fueling stop and orbital research base; coordinates the satellite network of Minmus and communicates with Baikonur Base. Delivered by KSV Odyssey (Kola Kan) and a Caelum Skycrane (Fuel Silo). Docked with a Falcon light transport.

-- Baikonur Research Base - 1x Caelum Skycrane Habitation Unit - ZSI's primary low-gravity planetary body research station. Delivered by skycrane.

Duna - most trafficked body after Kerbin.

-- Dunan Space Lab - 2x Kola Kan, 2x Fuel Silo, 1x Observation Trunk - Refueling stopover point; orbital research; coordination of all Dunan system missions. Docked to a Kestrel light transport and a Falcon light transport. Delivered by KSV Odyssey (Kola Kans), Caelum Skycrane (Fuel Silo), a pair of Falcons (Fuel Silo), and KSV Argonaut (Observation Trunk).

-- KSV Argonaut - Odyssey-Class Medium Transport - Third of the Odyssey-class line, delivered a second round of mission modules to Duna, focusing on surface exploration.

-- Eisley Base - 1x Caelum Skycrane Habitation Unit - Semipermanent research base on the Dunan equatorial plains. Has a rover for long trips. Delivered by KSV Argonaut, then a deorbit module.

-- Grand Fissure Base - 1x Caelum Skycrane Habitation Unit - Semipermanent research base in one of Duna's canyons. Has a rover for long trips. Delivered by KSV Argonaut, then a deorbit module. Sister base to Eisley Base.

-- Ike Space Lab - 1x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo, 1x HAT - Orbital research and fuel stopover; coordinates satellites with missions on Ike surface. Docked to a Falcon. Delivered by KSV Odyssey (Kola Kan) and HAT (Fuel Silo).

-- Aether Outpost - EARL - Temporary outpost on Ike surface, studying the Ikan regolith.

Dres - another unexplored body; upcoming mission by KSV Odyssey.

Jool - Subject of the largest single mission of the program: the Sojourn-Pioneer-Jool mission. See the documentation here: http://imgur.com/a/Q6qz8#0

-- Laythe Space Lab - 1x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo - Orbital research/fuel stop coordinating all missions in the Jool System. Delivered by KSV Sojourn (Kola Kan) and KSV Pioneer (Fuel Silo).

-- Grissom Outpost - EARL - Temporary research lander, assessing habitability of Laythe. Delivered by KSV Odyssey.

-- KSV Pioneer - Pioneer-Class Heavy Transport - Large transporter designed to haul heavy fuel/station modules across space. Carried spare fuel for the Sojourn-Pioneer mission. Parked in low Laythe orbit.

-- Vall Space Lab - 1x Kola Kan, 1x Fuel Silo - Orbital research/fuel stop for Vall. Delivered by KSV Sojourn (Kola Kan) and KSV Pioneer (Fuel Silo).

-- Tranquility Outpost - EARL - Temporary outpost studying the viability of low-gravity colonization of Vall. Delivered by KSV Sojourn.

-- KSV Sojourn - Odyssey-Class Medium Transport - Second of the Odyssey-class line. Carried most of the mission modules for the combined mission. Parked in low Vall orbit.

Eeloo - Nothing yet. That sucker is hella far away.

Sorry about the wall of text. Here's a brief rundown of the vessels.

Odyssey-class: My bread-and-butter of interplanetary vessels. Has numerous docking ports of all sizes for various modules. My personal favorite of my designs.

Pioneer-class: Fewer docking ports and crew accommodations than the Odyssey-class, but has a large docking port arranged in a towing configuration (hence the 'heavy transport' designation). Usually used to haul heavy station modules around.

Anagnorisis-class: Smaller design than the Pioneer or Odyssey, used much like Odyssey but with less capacity. Prototype design, supplanted by the Revelation-class.

Revelation-class: Combines the many docking ports of the Odyssey/Anagnorisis with a rear towing port like the Pioneer. Also has additional crew capacity. Very promising, very new.

Kestrel: One-man light transport. Superseded by the Falcon.

Falcon: Basically a Kestrel with a stretched cockpit to accommodate a passenger. Used to train Kerbalnauts before they get to pilot the big (expensive) mission vehicles.

EARL: Extended Activity Research Lander; one-man lander for medium duration missions.

HAT: Heavy Autonomous Tug - nothing more than four nukes, some fuel, and fore/aft large docking ports to haul junk around.

HSL: Heavy Science Lander - Beefed-up lander probe for the harsh environment of Eve.

Kola Kan: Small, modular station with docking ports for probes and small ships. Self-contained, but often used as a section for a larger station.

Caelum Skycrane Habitation Unit: Simple base with no propulsion of its own, dropped off by a skycrane.

Current program is to set up a complete launch complex on Laythe; I have a craft factory on Minmus ( thank-you EL mod ), currently draining Minmus dry and I'm modelling runways & hangars and trying to work out how to make hangars store ships. I've probes & rovers headed to Jool - that one is carrying 5 mapping satellites - Eeloo and Moho at the moment, the others will get similar missions when the next windows arrive. Getting irritated with crashes again so I haven't been playing much.

I have a second save with ships all over the place, but that is serial missions as tests rather than a program.

How does mapping satellites work?

Edited by T3chnic

i just perfected a satellite carrier for LKO. left alot of fuselage space open for the new .22 antennas, also has four solar panels and a few radio isotope generators, cause i heard that those new dishes are gonna be power hungry when transmitting. already have a mun rover and lift rocket perfected that has flown and landed 10 successful (no explosions) missions in a row. so i'm ready for the new .22 science tools :)

• 1 month later...

With the dawn of the 0.22 update comes new plans! New programs! New missions! So let's go give this thread a friendly bump!

With the recent acquisition of the assets of the Arstotzkan Cosmos Program by the Aperturella Space Research Laboratories, all existing missions of the past program were terminated (but not without the public crying out nonsense about wasted funds etc). Aperturella now hopes to surpass what the Arstotzkan program has achieved both in terms of technological advancement and efficiency. And here's what they have so far...

Probes:

AP-PRB Helen I - equatorial Kerbin orbit

AP-PRB Helen II - polar Kerbin orbit

AP-PRB Selene I - equatorial Mun orbit

AP-PRB Selene II - polar Mun orbit

AP-PRB Cassandra I - equatorial Minmus orbit

Manned Missions:

AP-ORB Argo I - 2nd manned orbit vessel

AP-ORB Argo II - 3rd manned orbit vessel

AP-ORB Protesilaus - the first manned vessel to orbit Kerbin

Achilles Program

AP-LDR Achilles I - first Munar landing; single stage

AP-LDR Achilles II - second Munar landing; 2 stage

AP-CMD Achilles III - failed landing due to design flaw; returned safely

AP-LDR Achilles IV - 3rd Munar landing; same design as Achilles II

Myrmidon Program

AP-LDR Myrmidon I - first Minmus landing; design based on Achilles IV but more compact

AP-LDR Myrmidon II

Rovers:

AP-ROV Luna I - first rover to land on Mun; skycrane assisted

In service

Mission Accomplished

Mission Failed

Under Development/Experimental Stage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.