[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Right, so I have a bug with regards to the fairings.

When I add a fairing base, either the extended or normal, and then try to add the respective fairing parts there is a noticeable gap in-between the respective parts, this only occurs for the 1.25m and 2.5m fairings and not the 3m fairings.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a know fix for it if so?

I've struggled with that initially. I find the fairings work if (after placing the base) you start with the cone, making sure to attach the outermost node on the cone. Then apply the lower parts of the fairing to the cone.

That's not what I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/izYEq0x.png

That's what I'm talking about.

When does this happen? literally any time you put these fairings together? or in instances where you're reverting back to the pad, or jumping directly from the space center?

It's a problem that seems to stem from KSP not auto scaling up by a factor of 1.25x.

See if adding "rescaleFactor = 1.25" into the part config helps at all.

It occurs every time I put the fairings together, adding in the rescale factor did nothing, it appeared that the snapping points were offset slightly.

It sounds like you are setting them up wrong. With KW fairings you have to do it a very specific way or they won't snap together.

It sounds like you are setting them up wrong. With KW fairings you have to do it a very specific way or they won't snap together.

I would have to agree with this. The nosecone goes on first, and if you look it has two nodes. One attached to the fairing, and a smaller one floating off to the side. It's the smaller one that gets placed on the side nodes. The fairing sides attach to the lower node on the nosecone.

This is a possibility - I've been thinking for a while about doing a part like that with built-in parachutes for an all-in-one nose part for 2.5m capsules.

That would be really nice, actually. I've been wanting such a part for quite some time.

I've been looking at the costs of the parts in the KW pack, and some of them don't make a lot of sense. All of the 1.25m tanks cost 250, regardless of size. I'm sure this was done because it didn't matter at the time, and it's quick, and I completely get that. However, since it does matter now, was there any plans to correct this? Thanks!

Edit: Well, it seems even Squad itself isn't above just copying and pasting prices. All the Kerbodyne tanks cost the same regardless of size as well. It'll be interesting to see how everything balances.

Edited by rennsport27

I've been looking at the costs of the parts in the KW pack, and some of them don't make a lot of sense. All of the 1.25m tanks cost 250, regardless of size. I'm sure this was done because it didn't matter at the time, and it's quick, and I completely get that. However, since it does matter now, was there any plans to correct this? Thanks!

Edit: Well, it seems even Squad itself isn't above just copying and pasting prices. All the Kerbodyne tanks cost the same regardless of size as well. It'll be interesting to see how everything balances.

I have actually already fixed the prices on my version, but I'll have to go refix them when the contracts update gets released.

I have actually already fixed the prices on my version, but I'll have to go refix them when the contracts update gets released.

Thanks for the feedback! On a slightly separate note, were you planning on making the engines the same cost as the stock ones? I always found that the KW engines were unlocked later, and were slightly more effective than the stock engines. Making them slightly more expensive (i.e charging more for "advanced" engines) could add an interesting mechanic.

out of curiousity is there a chance you could share the pricing? just for those that are willing to tinker a bit?