Extraplanetary Launchpads - How Exactly does it work?

apache

Hi guys,

So I downloaded the EP Launchpads mod today because it really appealed to me but I'm a bit baffled about what to do and how to set it up. As far as I can see, I have one new command pod, a tower like thing, a launch pad, in the structural segment, Hex Cans, ore and metal bins, and a smelter. What exactly do I do?

I have no clue what component to start with, or how to connect them together whatsoever. Sorry if this is a repeat post but I googled it and nothing similar came up.

Cheers!

Jack

Auger is to mine ore.

When you mined ore you need the smelter to make it to metal.

that metal goes into the tower and makes rocket parts.

Next comes the launchpad as you guessed.

When it used the Mod you had to toggle debug mode of in the .cfg or you just could build rockets for free.

Hexcans and Bin are just to store this stuff. You will need KAS to make this work if you dont allready know.

so instead of trying to build me a launchpad on a lander with an auger, and a bunch of cans to store it. it would probably be better (and simpler) for me to make multi launches and use KAS to connect them all together

Yes! Especially with the new KAS 4.0. I think a "all in one" is possible but its just no fun if you want to store a few more t of rocket parts.

i mostly use this:

and a Ore mineing rover.

or i make the Smelter to one big rover with Ore / Metal cans and a base with the tower and pad.

Edited by Radiokopf

You don't want your pad on top of a stack of industrial machinery anyway, it's going to be spawning ships. My main pad on Minmus isn't even in the same physics area as my rocketparts production site.

Anyway ignoring that I've changed all the default models out:

Ore:

9657761913_01e1c5f43a_c.jpg

->metal->rocket parts

9659953827_dbe0f42388_c.jpg

->craft spawned from a launchpad

9678925147_c83bb96395_c.jpg

And before anyone asks for the launchpad model again it's still not functioning properly.

• 1 month later...
Auger is to mine ore.

When you mined ore you need the smelter to make it to metal.

that metal goes into the tower and makes rocket parts.

Next comes the launchpad as you guessed.

When it used the Mod you had to toggle debug mode of in the .cfg or you just could build rockets for free.

Hexcans and Bin are just to store this stuff. You will need KAS to make this work if you dont allready know.

Wow really? you think this is an actual answer?

you totally avoid how to transfer the supplies to the Launchpad?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.