[WIP] KerbolQuest- Jetpacks Beta

Cheebsta

The skeleton was actually made by and released by Snjo in the kerbtown thread very early on. It came with the fuel pumps he made for kerbtown (actually working fuel pumps). The control room and admiral Kerman can't be released for various reasons, mostly because Razchek has them. Very few people have access to Unity Pro, so even if he did release them and said it was ok to work on the same idea we were going with, the software is something like 3500$ I think? The older jet packs are all gone for the most part, and whatever is left is with Cheebsta, who also has left very shortly after making this thread. I do actually want to add some KAS functionality to the packs myself but it will all be config edits, since he has the unity files for them too. All in between wedding plans and working way too much.

I don't have any of the other stuff, but the inventory code is here:

https://github.com/snjo/KerbTownQuest, or a bit more updated in Raz's repo here https://github.com/HubsElectrical/KerbTownExtensions (some features turned off)

The code that is in both repos is made by me (I think that's all of the code), and you can use it how you want.

The rest of the interesting stuff is probably in the main KerbTown repo, including the abillity to switch to the interior of the flight control center, but not the models etc. That code was recently released from its earlier license.

edit: Oh and the fuel pump and whale skeleton is from the unreleased FS Housing Programme

(which may have working inventory in an early state, or at least the bag model)

Edited by Snjo

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure that this is compatible with ARM? Cause the "won't let you out of your flight" bug happened on the first time I used it, reloaded KSP and the kraken visited me. But I have a feeling this is due to the fact I have a heavily modded game going on.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Snjo and HoY for releasing come of the source code for inventory and the runway, gas station, and whale skeleton models. Hopefully I can make some adjustments to get some of the incomplete inventory items to work, they would be fun to play around with and add on to.

Thank you Snjo and HoY for releasing come of the source code for inventory and the runway, gas station, and whale skeleton models. Hopefully I can make some adjustments to get some of the incomplete inventory items to work, they would be fun to play around with and add on to.

I ran up against some problems during OnSave and OnLoad that could sometimes cause the inventory file (roster) to wipe. So if you build off of that code, know that you need to make sure it does everything in the right order, and do it better than I did :)

I ran up against some problems during OnSave and OnLoad that could sometimes cause the inventory file (roster) to wipe. So if you build off of that code, know that you need to make sure it does everything in the right order, and do it better than I did :)

I'll be careful ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Is it compatible with KSP 1.0.2?

I've just tested this mod because I was curious as well if it worked in the latest patch. (Which you could have done too by the way if you weren't lazy ;) )

Short story: It doesn't work.

Long Story:

1. It seems the jetpacks/-wings don't decouple. And I've tried to attach them to a decoupler, which they don't, as well as tried the built in decoupler.

2. KSP crashes as soon as you want to leave the jetpack/-wing.

On the positive side: Using them in the editor works and loading them ingame works. And the jetpacks do provide thrust and use fuel.

I would love for the developer to pick up the mod again and work on it to make it compatible to the latest version of KSP.

Though I know it takes a lot of time and commitment for it. Which makes it more understandable if he won't pick up work on this mod again.

But trust me: you would make a lot of people happy with this mod, me included! (And Scott Manley too!)

Edited by Crunch0r

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh wow, this mod is back to life?

Looking forward to having a proper scaled wingsuit to do this:

I've been attempting to. I've been trying to make it work with KIS but I haven't have much luck. I might have to make the wing some kind of command seat instead. Don't know yet, still trying to figure it out. none of the old code is available anymore.

I've been attempting to. I've been trying to make it work with KIS but I haven't have much luck. I might have to make the wing some kind of command seat instead. Don't know yet, still trying to figure it out. none of the old code is available anymore.

I'd forget about custom code to start with and just make it a command seat with integrated engines, intake, wings and enough torque that control surfaces aren't needed, get something released and then iterate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.